Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Productive Move & a Healthy Beanie

Well ladies, the move is OVER! Thank goodness! Now the stressful fun part starts!

I actually missed most of the move (bummer-ha) because I had to work Saturday (the event went great)! So when I got off work, I went to the new house and so much had been moved. I was shocked. We worked like slaves Saturday afternoon and Sunday to get everything moved over and started unpacking Sunday night! I have to say that without my mom and hubs parents, we wouldn't have made it!

So far, I have settled and decorated:

- Spare room (not 100% complete because the headboard isn't built yet but the new comforter looks great)

- Kitchen (well it's gotta be painted but it's all organized and decorated for the most part)

- Master Bathroom (well I still have to find another rug to put down but for now it will do)

Um, ok so it's not exactly settled and decorated 100% but I have made tons of progress. Hubs almost has all the blinds up and our new desk arrived yesterday and hubs put that together. It wasn't the most fun project for him but it was pretty quick and it looks great! But guess what happened... our monitor for our computer broke... sign we need a laptop?? I think so :) However, with a baby on the way, laptop must wait a little while!

A few other minor setbacks...
- Sunday we had no heat! And it was COLD in GA on Sunday. We had two space heaters running and it was cooollldddd! But that has been fixed. Our heat runs on gas and apparently it hadn't been turned on just yet!
- This house has a brand new water heater... well it isn't doing it's job! It isn't heating and it is making me ANGRY! i have now taken a total of three cold showers and I don't mean kinda cold, I mean FREEZING COLD! We are supposed to have that fixed ASAP!
- Then there's the ever so lovely remote control fans!! Cool right?? Um, no! They aren't working in any of the three bedrooms. And we have no idea what's going on because there are no instructions anywhere in this house! Frustration?? YES! We must sleep with a fan on and we have now done without one for three nights! Hopefully that will be fixed soon!

I realize these are really minor things... but I wanted to whine for a moment :)

Thank you for your many well wishes for our moving weekend! We were really blessed with good weather. It only rained Saturday morning then it was over! God is good!

And speaking of blessings and God being so wonderful and good... we just got back from the doctor. I am 12 weeks and 2 days pregnant and we have a super healthy heartbeat, 154! Our little one is a growin'! I can't wait to find out what he/she is! :) We have decided to wait until our 20 week visit to find out! I was considering doing a 4-D at 16 weeks to see, but we are going to wait and do the 4-D a little later in my pregnancy! One more week and I am outta the 1st trimester (yippee)!! Can I get some energy back please and thank you? But how blessed I was not to be sick one single time!! NOT ONCE did I feel nauseous! AMAZING! God has blessed us with so much! We are forever grateful! I am reminded daily that He reigns above all things and loves me no matter how awful of a sinner I am! I am His child and I am so beyond blessed to say that!

My Dr told me that in 4 weeks I have another appointment and that at that time I will decide if I want to have the quad screening! You can read all about that screening here! I won't post it all on here because it would take forever! I want to but I would love to hear all of your opinions on it :) So let's hear it ladies...

35 comments:

Chic Runner said...

Glad the move went good and beanie is doing okay! :) Can't wait to see the house pics!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

I am glad to hear that the moving part went well...sorry to hear about the little annoying things that aren't doing what they are suppose to do.

Lindsey said...

So good to hear the move went well and you are getting settled. Can't wait for pics!

Praise God the baby is healthy and so are you, yay!!!

M and G said...

yay for a healthy baby!! That is wonderful!!! I can't wait to find out what you are having! And I also cant wait to see more house pics!

We didn't do the quad screening because I knew that if something was wrong with the baby all it would do is make me depressed and sad the rest of the pregnancy and I wouldn't be able to enjoy it! But its definitely a personal decision! Good luck!

The George Family said...

Glad that the move went well (and that you got to miss most of it!)

I think that the quad screen is a personal choice, but my dr didn't tell me it was optional (I know now- ha!) and the next time I get pregnant we are NOT planning to do the screen. We wouldn't be terminating for any reason, so we didn't feel the need.

Good luck with the rest of the move- the next couple weeks will fly by and hopefully you will feel settled!

Rachel said...

So glad that you are moved!! Yay that the baby is doing well - that is a fast heartbeat (sounds like girl =)). It is so great that you have not been sick at all, you ARE BLESSED =)! Things are going to start moving so fast now that you are almost out of the first trimester - ENJOY YOURSELF AND GET SOME REST!!!

We did not do the testing with any of our kids. For 2 reasons - the same as above that we would only have the burden of thinking something could be wrong if it came back positive, though we would do nothing about it. Second - there are many false positves...

Gwen said...

I am so glad that the move went great and those little things with the house (okay...no hot shower is a bid deal) will all be fixed soon. I can feel it. I'm also thrilled that Baby Beanie is doing great!!! Can't wait to hear the results of the 20 week sonogram. Have a fabulous week!!! XOXO

Mojito Maven said...

YAY I'm so glad everything went ok with the move!!! pictures! pictures!

Island Girl said...

Glad everything is goind well! Can't wait to see pictures and really can't wait to find out if it a boy or girl :)

Kay said...

I've been reading your blog for months now but the quad screen really hits home with me.

I had the test done when I was pregnant with Regan. The test results showed no increased risk of having a child with any issues. Twenty-four weeks later he was born with Down Syndrome.

Unless the results would change your mind about this baby then I would say skip it. The false positives and false negatives are high and trust me you can handle any challenges that are given to you.

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

so glad the move and the event went well!!!

we did the quad screening and everything came back negative. i just wanted to have the information that i could. even if the quad screen had come back positive i wouldn't have changed anything and i wouldn't have done an amniocentesis-- just because i heard they were risky. i just wanted to know what my chances of risk were, so we did the quad screen. it's completely up to you. talk it over with your hubs and you two decide together.

i've read all the other comments and it sounds like it's better not to even have the quad screen done. so.... i don't know what i'd do next time. but i think you'd be fine to skip it. :)

Lucky in Love said...

I'm so glad you had a great move (and you didn't have to be involved in all of it!)

I hope all of your little problems with the house get fixed soon!! Sounds like you both are really making progress.

Yeah for a healthy baby!!

a H.I.T. said...

Wow, congratulations on your baby! It must have been quite a thrill to hear the heartbeat :)

Sounds like the move is going well...I can't imagine all the things that have to get done in a new house! And while pregnant!

Kappa Prep said...

I am so glad everything worked out with the move. It sounds like you have made TONS of progress, I am very impressed! Yay for a healthy baby!!

Jackie said...

Glad the move went smoothly. Hopefully the kinks will get worked out soon! We sleep with a fan too, so I feel your pain. And most importantly, yay for a healthy baby!! All you pregnant bloggers are making my clock tick!

*~! megs !~* said...

Yay!! So glad the move went so well!! Can't wait to see pictures!!

And we might need some bump pics soon of you and that healthy little Bean!!

Tracy's Porch said...

Congrats on the move. Hope all the little kinks get worked out.

I didn't do that screening because like many others have said - we wouldn't have changed anything about our pregnancy.

I would also check with your insurance to see if they cover the screening if you don't fall into those "at risk" categories. I know some friends that have received a hefty bill thinking that insurance covered them.

The Reality of Happily Ever After said...

So glad to hear the move went well! you've gotten a lot done for just a few days AND being prego!

No remotes?? D and I would be going crazy ;)

YAY for a healthy baby! SO exciting!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Glad your move went good!

Julia said...

lynds, i love hearing all the updates from amber about everything going on in the office, and look forward to following you and the hubs' journey as new parents!!

I just wanted to come out in support of the screening- since no one else seems to have :) - I think i would want to do the test. Any clue that your child might have special needs would be helpful to prepare for the unexpected changes, and finding that out on the day of the birth would be just as life changing, but without time to recover before being handed the baby.

So i think as long as you go into it with the understanding that it won't change how much you love your child or that you would carry out the pregnancy (i know that is true on both counts) AND that no prior notice could ever prepare you for what hard things come with being a parent of a special needs child, as well as being ok with the fact that the results don't mean 100 percent certainty in either direction!

BUT that is just my opinion (and who knows how i would feel if it were me), you and the hubby have to decide what is right for ya'll, and know that you will rise to the challenge that the baby will pose, no matter if it has special needs or not. lots of love

Sarah said...

Hey girl glad to hear that everything went well.. if you do the testing or not it's up to you, however if you are not planning on terminating for any reason you may want to hold off.. I used to be a L&D nurse and there are soooooo many false/positives and people go full term worried about a condition that does not even exist

Krystyn said...

Yay for the move going to well.

And, yay for a healthy heartbeat and baby!

The Shabby Princess said...

So glad that move went well! I can't imagine how stressful that must have been with trying to work, not having heat and being pregnant! Yikes. Can't wait to see pictures of your house!

SassyEngineer said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the house with everything in it! Don't worry, I have lived in my house for almost two years, and I'm still decorating some areas :) Also - God is great! I'm so glad all is going well with the pregnancy.

Dollface said...

Conrgats on the move.. you seem to be trucking along!! Question though- have you experienced any morning sickness? My bff has it bad and needs help!! please advise! xoxox

Tara Gibson said...

i bet your so relieved the moving part is done.. hope the little things get fixed fast!

I cant wait to find out what your having!!!

Leslie said...

We have those remote control fans in our house too and have the same problem! Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, and there is nothing we can do about it! Oh, and we have 12-ft. ceilings, so even if they had those little cords to pull it wouldn't help! So frustrating. Let me know if you figure out a way to fix them!

Britni and Justin said...

Yay for a healthy baby! I can't wait to hear what you are having!

Your moving story reminds me of our first night in our first home. We decided we wanted to spend the night in our new home after we closed on the house. All of our family was in town and staying at our apartment, so we took an air mattress to the house. The movers were coming the next day. It was the day before Thanksgiving and we didn't realize that there had been a problem with the gas company and things were not working. No heat and no hot water. WE FROZE THAT NIGHT!! Also, I had to beg the gas company to come out and fix it because we were cooking Thanksgiving dinner! It is one of my favorite memories now!!

The Other K Wick said...

Congrats on the move!!! Glad to hear you and the baby are doing well.

What is it with the weather in GA? I drove in from SC (70 and fabulous) and stopped to get gas and froze my bum off.

Miss E said...

Glad you are settled in your new house. Can't wait to see the 'after' pics!

And how wonderful that Beanie is doing well. You have so much to be thankful, girl! Such an exciting time!

xoxo

Kelly said...

Glad that the beanie is healthy! :)

Emily said...

Hi my friend:) love the update... i hate cold showers and being cold... boo for both of those things... is the water heat fixed yet?? i surely hope soo.. or hope you are going somewhere else to shower....ekkk:)
We did do the quad screening because my unsurance did cover it and we just wanted to be prepared.. we would never terminate the pregnancy but just thougght since it was available we would do it.. I dont know if we would do it again....
Glad beanies heartbeat is wonderful:) best sound ever:)hugs:)

The Pink Chick said...

I am so glad you are done moving! Have fun decorating your new home! It can be frustrating, but it is also so fun!

I am so happy to hear that your little bean is happy and healthy! Keep us up-dated!

My name is Megan... said...

Yay for you and the baby doing good!!! :)

My name is Megan... said...

oh, and I LOVE quad screening pics!