Thursday, March 12, 2009

We now OWN a house!

So sorry for my absence this week. It's been a crazy week at work and at home!!

Let me first start by saying we had a BLAST in New Orleans. We just weren't there long enough to really do much. But I def want to go back sometime to take in more of the city. When we got there Saturday (after a 6 hour drive) we only had time to get ready and head to the wedding. The wedding was beautiful. It was in a church built in the 1800s with no indoor plumbing. But it was stunning. The reception was help at the Audubon Tea Room which is part of a Zoo there in New Orleans. They had the BEST band. They were amazing. It was a blast! I was tired (of course) but it was fun! They had some great food, that of course I didn't partake in, because I am so picky, but Hubs said it was great. We will be visiting again to be able to do more around. I mean we arrived at 4 pm Saturday and we left at 1 pm the next day. So we didn't have any time to explore... we will be back!

Sunday we walked around Canal Street and Bourbon Street. It was cool to just take everything in and not be hungover :). Here are a few pics that I have. We didn't take many. My camera wouldn't cooperate with the dim lighting in the room.



Hubs and I at the reception!


Our buddies at the wedding (basically the only people we knew)

Again at the reception!



Beautiful cake!!



Grooms poker cake :) so cute!



So onto some serious HUGE, exciting, BIG BIG news!! Hubs and I are now proud owners of a house!! :) We are so super excited. I will be sharing lots of news about this over the next couple of weeks but I had to share my excitement :)

Here's what we know about it (well some):

3 BR, 2 bath! It was built in the 60s! One of our best friend's grandmas lives next door! Everything on the inside has been completely redone. New painted walls (which I will be repainting again in time). New carpet throughout. New tile in all bathrooms and kitchen. New cabinets in kitchen and bathrooms. I mean inside, it looks brand new. It's crazy. It has new door knobs, new stainless appliances (except fridge which we will be purchasing this weekend). I will post more pics later of the inside, but here is the outside. There is work to be done. Landscaping to be done, but we are so excited to have our OWN place. There are of course things we want to do, and they will be done over time! But first things first, we will be fixing the fence in the backyard. Some trees have fallen on it. No window coverings so I am ordering all new blinds today (we are going for the white faux wood ones)! And Saturday we are off to try to find a fridge, new couch and love seat and new desk!! :) NEW NEW NEW!! Yippee!


Here is the new humble abode!! :) (as you can see it has a huge beautiful front yard!!)

71 comments:

Mrs. Smith said...

Congrats!!!! So many exciting things happening for you right now!

KLC said...

CONGRATS!!! Did you decide which room will be baby's yet? :)

EJ & Roo said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
PS LOVE your dress!!

PinkSass said...

Congrats! That is so exciting!

Mojito Maven said...

YAYAYAYAYAY Congrats! I can't wait to see pictures of the inside!!!!

Lea Liz said...

congrats on the house! love it! Love your dress you wore to the wedding!

Gwen said...

Congrats!!! How exciting that you'll get to bring Baby Beanie home to his new room!!! I can't wait to see photos of all the work you do (and the new sofas too). You look stunning in your photos...but whats new. :)

Vineyard Vogue said...

Congratulations! Its adorable! How exciting for you guys! New house, and soon a new baby! :)

Mrs. Stilettos said...

I am so so happy for you!!! This is the perfect house to raise your family in! I love it!! Can't wait to watch you make it into a home!!

midnight macaroons said...

WOW, it’s beautiful!!! I love the big front yard. Green is my favorite color too. It's absolutely fabulous. Congratulations on buying your first home! Hugs~

I’m happy to hear that you had a good time in NOLA. Next time let me know and I'll send you a list of local things to do that most tourists miss out on. I’ll hook you and hubby up, girl!:)

I left you something on my blog...

SassyEngineer said...

I love it! I can't wait to see more pictures. I am so happy for you. It is a lot of work owning house, but so worth it!!! It is so much fun to make it your own.

Also, you looked beautiful in those picures - I love your dress!

Krystyn said...

You look stunning!!

And congrats on the new house. It's so exciting.

You'll have to have us for the house warming party!

Amanda said...

Congrats on the new house. New house and baby on the way, you are just having to much fun.

GIRL FROM THE LAND of 10KL said...

Darling home! You'll have so much fun decorating =) I pruchased my first home back in June and I'm still loving it =)

Caroline said...

Congratulations on buying a house! I can't wait to follow your move and nesting/decorating! :) Very Exciting!!

Muffy said...

Congrats on the house!!!!! HUGE NEWS!!!!!

Jesslee said...

So exciting. Congratulations!!! You looked great in your pics and your cute husby too. Your new house looks lovely, can't wait to see pics of all your redecorating.

Bama Belle... said...

Congratulations pretty gal! You are soon going to have a little one running all through that yard! xxoo

Island Girl said...

Congrats!! That's such exciting news! You're going to have lots to share over the next several months - can't wait to see it all unfold!!

I love that Groom's cake - way cute!!

M and G said...

Congrats lady!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!! You have to post pics as you go along!!

Candice said...

Your house is beautiful...I'm so happy for you! Congratulations! I can't wait to see pics of the inside.

I love your dress!

Nani said...

Congrats on the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being Brazen said...

CONGRATS!!!! Such great, exciting news. Nice house.

The Ross Family said...

Congratulations, great house!

Lindsey said...

Ahhhh that is so exciting!!! Congratulations!

Love your dress, you look so pretty!

Megan said...

It's a beautiful home! Congrats!! That is such an exciting purchase--enjoy making it your own!

Tara Gibson said...

CONGRATS GIRL!!

ps that banana republic dress (i am pretty sure that is where its from) is BEAUTIFUL on you

USCEmily said...

Congratulations on your new house! I can't wait to see the inside and how you make it your own!

Kyla said...

Oh my gosh- how exciting!! Congrats :)

*~! megs !~* said...

Yay!! Congrats on the new house!!!

Lis said...

Congrats!!! Buying your first home is so amazing and fun!! I hope you and your hubby enjoy picking out everything and moving in - it goes by so fast!!! :)

I can't wait for you to give us a house tour!!!

The Pink Chick said...

Congratulations on buying a home! How exciting!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Woohoo! What a preggy hottie in those pics! :) Congratulations on the house that is so exciting, it sounds great!!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

congrats on the house!!!! so exciting!!! you look so lovely!

Chic Runner said...

Congrats, It looks so pretty and fun to live there! Hooray for your new little family and new home!

Katie said...

What an awesome new step!!! I am just giggling with excitement for you and the hubs :) Congrats girl!

morewineplease said...

Congrats on the house! It looks beautiful!
And your dress is sooo cute! You look too thin... are you eating and feeling ok? (you still look beautiful)
Do I sound like a concerned mom or grandmother?

Lucky in Love said...

Your house looks wonderful!

That's the one thing I HAVE TO HAVE...a big front yard!! Yeah for you!

The George Family said...

What a cute house, I love homes that were built in the 60's- our house was brand new when we moved in and it isn't nearly as fun! You looked great at the wedding!

JennyLo said...

Congrats the house looks beautiful!!!

Britni and Justin said...

Congrats!!

Rachel said...

Congratulations!!! You are totally going to enjoy a new house in a few months when you hit nesting!!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Congratulations! You home looks so cute! I can't wait to see the inside of it!

jane in the waiting line said...

congratulations!!

Practically Perfect... said...

Congratulations on the new house! It is SO cute!

Emily said...

First... you looked gorge at the wedding! just stunning! Soo pretty! Second! YEAH again about the house and congrats! I love the front porch on the house! sooo stinking cute:) Cant wait to see pics of the inside:) yahoooo!Do you have a babies room picked out yet?

Monogramchick said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting, what a cute house, I know you can't wait to put your mark on it :)

TexasLauren77 said...

Congrats on your new house!! You are going to have so much fun settling in and getting ready for baby!! :)

Miss E said...

Congrats on the new house. How fun to start decorating! And you look absolutely radiant in those pics!

Pharmacist Erin said...

Congrats! So many new, exciting things for y'all! Having a house is hard work, but so much fun at the same time. It's so nice to know that it's YOURS!

Gretchen and Jimmy said...

Congrats on the house!!! That is soo exciting!! Cant wait to see how you decorate it!

Justin and Jenn said...

Owning a home is so much fun! Congrats!

Sarah said...

Congrats! Having your own place is great but does come with some challenges. did you pick a baby room yet?

d.a.r. said...

Congratulations!! How exciting, You have all kinds of fabulous things going on in your life right now missy!!

Kari Beth said...

congrats on the house!!! that is SO exciting! new baby! new house!

btw...you look fabulous!!!

The Shabby Princess said...

Congratulations!! It looks beautiful! I can't wait to see the inside. I'm sure it's great, but, I know that you'll make it even better. YAy!!

tracypartyof4 said...

Congrats Lyds!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Congrats! That is so exciting!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! I can wait to see more pictures!

Sweet Carolina Bride said...

Congrats on the house!! How exciting! Love love love the Banana Republic dress! I wore it to Joe's semi-formal a few weeks ago and got so many compliments!

That Fresh Feeling said...

Congrats...very exciting!

PLD said...

Congrats!!!

CarolinaGirl said...

Beautiful home! You both look amazing in those pictures! Have a great weekend!

*kimmie* said...

Congratulations!!!!

writing4612 said...

You looked gorgeous!

I'm excited for you.

The house is beautiful from the outside with plenty enough room for the baby to play. :)

tam7777 said...

congrats to you and your hubby

Mrs. Cup said...

How exciting!!!! YAY!

Andi said...

Congrats on the house! It is so cute.

Tracy's Porch said...

SOOO exciting! Congrats!!!

With Love from New Orleans said...

Yay for loving New Orleans and YAY for the new home! CONGRATS!

My name is Megan... said...

Love your blog!! and you are sooo pretty!!