Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Our trip was beachy!

Our Anniversary trip to Destin, FL was unlike any other beach trip either of us have experienced! We both frequented this beach in high school and college, so you could say we have both done our share of partying in Destin!

Well this trip...

... instead of sipping on a yummy Irish Wake at McGuires, I had the yummy Water :)

... instead of hitting up the bar scene and having a few cocktails, we went bowling and putt putting!

... instead of staying up until the wee hours of the morning, we were in bed by midnight almost every night (except one where we stayed up til 1:00 watching Baby Mama)

... instead of pounding beers on the beautiful sandy beaches, I killed some Dr Pepper and read some of the best gossip magazines around!

The trip was a success! No rain, only beautiful, perfect weather! We had an absolute blast! We got up every morning and had breakfast then hit the beach! We would stay on the beach watching all the kiddies play (we were at a hotel that seemed to be more for families than spring breakers) for hours then head to the room to shower and go out for some yummy food!
I had some of the BEST fried shrimp I have ever had in my life at AJ's. Now let me tell you that I have spent many a nights at AJ's doing things other than eating! After hours, AJ's turns into one of the most popular bars in Destin. It's an open area bar that overlooks the ocean. It's so cool. They have the coolest bands and karaoke. But this trip, we opted not to stick around to see how wild and crazy it got. Those days for us are over (or at least few and far between)! I was honestly scared that Hubs might get bored. He is used to so much excitement at the beach when we would go with groups. But we both thoroughly enjoyed being alone and being relaxed and not having anything we HAD to do! WE talked about Beanie and tried to come up with some girl names (we are settled on boy names but we are struggling with girl names)! It was just such a nice trip.

I am sorry to say I don't have tons of pics. It's tough to take them when it's just the two of you! But we got a few! So I present you with our 1st Anniversary pics :)
PS-I haven't shown you lovely ladies a belly pic yet because there's not much to show. Right now, I just look like I have put on a few pounds :) I promise to post some in the next couple of weeks! I want to look pregnant when I post them, not just like I've gained some poundage in the midsection :) I will tell you though that my pants are getting tighter so that means I (and Beanie) are growing! YAY!

Also I want to point out that the shirts I am wearing in these pics aren't maternity shirts. They are just shirts from last season that happen to be great for the beach and lots of eating (i.e. bloating!). :) I have bought ZERO maternity clothes but it's coming, really soon! :)



So pretty




One of the HUGE fish at the Bass Pro Shops aquarium! He loved me! He kept trying to kiss me!




Hubs coming back from the ocean!


Me and my best golf pose :) i really look pregnant here. I swear I am not showing yet!


Hubs getting ready to LOSE :) ha



Putt Putt! This is my serious/focused face!



Me, making sure I didn't look pregnant (although I know I am, I am not showing and I didn't want to look like this shirt was a pregnancy shirt) Weird, yes I know!



Our first night out! :) Heading to McGuires YUM!

44 comments:

Peace, love, and Big said...

Your soooo cute! :) Your going to be the most adorable MoM! So glad you and your hubs had a great 1st anniversary!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

oh you look gorgeous! soo cute! your trip sounded perfect! i'm so glad you had such a great time!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

You look so great!! I love all the pics! What a fun trip! And Happy Late Anniversary!! So glad you all had a relaxing good time :)

The Pink Chick said...

You are so pretty! You look great! I am so glad you and your husband had a wonderful anniversary trip!

Tara Gibson said...

oh my gosh you look ADORABLE preggo! Your trip sounded amazing!

Tracy's Porch said...

So glad you had a great trip and you look beautiful...as always!

I am so dying to go to the beach. We have a trip planned to Galveston in May but that beach doesn't even compare to the beautiful beaches of the Redneck Riviera. I need some RR!

Dollface said...

i love this last outfit!!! Im glad you had so much fun, I really want to go mini-golfing... xxxoo

Risa said...

Oh how fun is Destin. I went there a few years back and it was FAB! I think it's the best beach I've ever been to. (I'm a west coast girl--beaches there are cold and the sand isn't so pretty). I won it with a work trip and we stayed at the Hilton SanDestin.

So glad you had a great time!

Krystyn said...

You look great! I hate the in between stage, too, but you totally can't tell at all!

So glad you had such a great trip!

Lindsey said...

You look gorgeous!!!! Glad you had a great time!

e.n.h. said...

Looks like so much fun!!
Where did y'all stay in Destin? My hubbie and I are trying to find a quick (3-4 day weekend) getaway for our 4th anniversary and I'm dying to go to the beach!

TexasLauren77 said...

You look awesome, girl!! Seriously...in WAY better shape than me, AND I'M NOT PREGNANT!!! I need to follow your good example and stick to WW for more than 2 months at a time. I'm glad you had such a good time! :)

SassyEngineer said...

It sounds like so much fun, and you looked awesome! I love those outfits, and even though you are not showing yet - they prove that when you do you will look beautiful and trendy :) Not that you looked pregnant in the pictures - I just know you will be a super cute and trendy pregnant lady!

Texan Couture said...

Such cute pictures! Glad you had a great time!

Megan said...

You look so beautiful! I love Destin! I also spent many spring breaks there!

Adventures in Newlywed said...

Awww, you look gorgeous! What a fun vacation, and a funny fish :)

inkOBSESSIONdesigns said...

Looks like you had a great trip! You look adorable! :)

Vineyard Vogue said...

How fun!! :) You look adorable! Can't wait for belly pics!

Glad you guys had a wonderful trip!

Emily said...

I just love you.. u are soo stinking adorable.. I LOVE AJS.. we always go there and love put put golf:) We are soo going there together someday.. We are making it happen.. adam and ry will get along really well! I know it:) and u look adorable in all the pictures.. adorable:)

Red and White Preppy said...

You are a cutie :) Glad you had a wonderful time!

Mrs. Stilettos said...

I think you look great!! You're going to be a beautiful mama!!

midnight macaroons said...

A very striking couple. You are going to have a beautiful family. Yes, I remember back in the day when our vacay's went to hard rock to classic rock. We actually considered looking at the AARP for our next vacay destination, LOL!!! If you start seeing pic's posted on my blog of us in matching jogging suits; you'll know what happened...

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

you look SO gorgeous!!! stunning! beautiful! yay!!!

Erin said...

Sounds like the perfect 1st anniversary getaway! Glad you ahd a great time!

Lucky in Love said...

Your vacation sounds absolutely perfect to me!! I'm so glad you had such a nice time!! :)

*~! megs !~* said...

Girl! You look gorgeous!! You don't even look like you've gained any weight and those clothes are FAB!! You're gonna be such a cute preggo!

redheadedjournal said...

Looks like a great trip!

Mojito Maven said...

ok you still look hot but we really need to see a baby bump pic ASAP. i'm so glad you had a fantastic trip.

Angeline said...

so much fun! need to remember that place if i ever head that way ;)

That Fresh Feeling said...

cute pics! looks like you had a great time

The Shabby Princess said...

Aww, you look gorgeous--you always looks fantastic, gosh! Glad you had a nice vacation and anniversary celebration. We've never done anything for our anniversary--maybe this year?? Glad you had fun.

Jackie said...

You look fabulous! Glad you enjoyed your trip :)

writing4612 said...

Where did you nget that cardigan from? I've been looking for one in that color family.

You look gorgeous!!

Sarah said...

You are adorable... and you looked super cute in your pics!

M and G said...

So cute!!! I'm so happy you guys had a chance to get away!

Petunia said...

Love the pictures! Sounds like it was a fun relaxing vacation--so nice!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a cute blog and great post. Will be back often. Hope you will visit me...

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

I adore your last outfit! You look amazing!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

I am glad that you had a wonderful trip! Congrats on your 1 year anniversary!

morewineplease said...

you 2 are such a good looking couple!!!! So glad you had a good time!

amy (metz) walker said...

Yall are so cute and you are absolutely gorgeous! I've been thinking about making a trip to LaGrange for dinner one night - I've heard the town square it pretty cool. Is that true and would ya'll want to meet up, if so?

Kappa Prep said...

You two are just darling! You looks so cute in all the photos and it sounds like you had a great time!!

The Reality of Happily Ever After said...

YAY! You are adorable and will be incredibly beautiful when you start showing... you're lucky you've got some height on you!

Miss E said...

I'm so glad you two had a great time - you deserve it! Happy 1 year. Can't wait to see what the next year brings (besides Beanie, of course)!