Monday, April 20, 2009

Quote of the night: "Are you serious?"

Friday evening played out to be quite an interesting/hilarious one! Hubs and I went to dinner with my friend A Belle & Her Beau and her husband at a new restaurant in town. Please note, here in Smalltown, GA we are limited in different/fun restaurants. We live in a town with a huge lake. Well a new lakeside restaurant opened so we thought we would give it a try! Thankfully, Belle informed us that it's BYOB since the restaurant has only been open a month and haven't gotten their liquor license just yet. So Hubs and Belle's husband brought their own beer.

We get there and decide to sit outside. It was a nice night and we thought it would be nice to enjoy it since we have had so much yucky rain lately. Besides, great company, a good waiter and lots of laughs, the dinner was a nightmare! Let me just say it ended in Belle asking to see the manager! :) I was so proud of her!

Here is what we encountered...

- We go to order appetizers and he informs us they are out of shrimp!
- They only have like 6 entrees to choose from (two of which were shrimp). You could order from their lunch menu of sandwiches and such too but we didn't!
- We order mozzarella cheese sticks (my fave), he said "We are out of those!"
- SO, we order Jalapeno poppers with ranch, he says "We are out of ranch!"
- We order Stuffed Mushrooms, he says "We are out of dipping sauce but I can bring you honey mustard!" Seriously, honey mustard with THAT??? Eww!
- 15 minutes later he comes back to take our order, Hubs and Belle order catfish, Beau orders a steak and I order Shrimp Alfredo Penne pasta (hold the shrimp-I mean duh they were out!).
- We get our appetizers and our waiter informs us that he has sent someone to the store to get ketchup and ranch! OH MY!
- The salads arrive and they are floating in water. Belle got like 1/2 teaspoon of honey mustard. Beau's Italian dressing was only olive oil! I was so grossed out!
- 20 minutes later, food arrives... Beau's baked potato was cold. My pasta was cold. They had NO lemon for the fish so Belle couldn't eat hers without it!

It was like everything we asked for, they were out of it! I mean at one point we were frustrated then it became HILARIOUS! They were pouring drinks from 2-liters. I mean come on, you have been open for a month, get it together!!

Since Belle asked to see the Manager, we got 50% off all of our meals. They basically begged us to come back! It was the worst service i have ever experienced. But at least it was entertaining!! We will try it again maybe a few months down the road!

Then we went to a little wine/dessert bar in town! I asked our waiter if they had Dr Pepper, he said "I don't know I will check.'" I then said, "Do you have a dessert menu?" He said "No, we only have what's in the case!" Ummm, ok, "What kind of desserts do you have in the case?" He said "Cheesecake and some kind of chocolate mouse-like cake I think." UGH! He took the other's drink orders then walked away and I just started cracking up!! It was hysterical! He came back like 10 minutes later and had to be reminded what Belle asked for. I couldn't stop laughing!!

Besides the poor service, Friday night was so much fun and much needed. It was great to get out of the chaos of our ever evolving house and just enjoy ourselves with some fun friends :)

PS--to come this week... my completed DIY headboard. I finally picked fabric and it turned out fantastic!

28 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh my word! What a tough dining experience, but I'm glad you could laugh it off!=)

The Reality of Happily Ever After said...

I SOOOOOO GET IT!! (as you clearly saw on my post today) -- We are limited in our choices, too and usually end up at the same Mexican restaurant! At least they are reliable! HA!

Tara Gibson said...

oh my goodness! that is horrible! I would have been super annoyed and probably not have handled it as well as you did! haha

Erin said...

Wow....what a nightmare..at least there was good company!

Can't wait to see the headboard!

Ruggy13 said...

haha too funny! I guess it just wasn't your night! reading about all that potentially yummy food made me hungry!

TexasLauren77 said...

Wow! what a lousy dining experience. That restaurant better get it together because in these economic times, they'll need all the business they can get!

Can't wait to see the new headboard. Since you recommended that website, I'm ADDICTED!!! I'm contemplating the same little project, so I'm excited to see how yours turned out. :)

Dollface said...

omg... that is bad news! they shouldnt have opened yet if they werent ready and OMG can you please get some shrimp! hahaha... I work in the hospitality industry and I know how hard it is, but come on!! and then they have to go to the store, blah... u wont go there again.. xxooo

Lucky in Love said...

I can't believe they were out of so many things! What a crazy night :) So glad you had a nice time!! I didn't know you and Belle were friends!?! So neat!

midnight macaroons said...

You weren't the only one with lousy service this weekend. It was also a waterfront restaurant. The waiter messed up 3 out of 4 of our meals. Then all together forgot to bring Woody's meal. How can you mess up that bad, seriously?! Happy to see bad service is universal, LOL!!! Can't wait to see the infamous headboard.

Libby Murphy said...

You stayed longer than I would have. If you're open for business, you'd best be ready for business. What an experience!
Happy Twirls

Krystyn said...

Oh my gosh....you couldn't help but laugh at that point, could you?

At least they were consistent!

And, they should have given you your meals for FREE and begged you to come back!

Mojito Maven said...

wow. i am so proud of you guys. i probably would have just gotten up and walked out!!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

What a crazy dining experience! I am glad that you could see the humor in it!

Nessa said...

That is horrible!!...but funny! lol

Tracy's Porch said...

wow! Hey, at least you got some blogging material out of it all!!! So glad you enjoyed being out with freinds despite the terrible service.

Practically Perfect... said...

Good grief! You're right about it being so bad it's funny!

SassyEngineer said...

I cannot wait to see the headboard! I'm super excited :) I'm glad you survived the restaurant fiasco!

The Pink Chick said...

Wow! What a unique dining experience! Glad you could turn bad service into a good time!

Sarah said...

Man girl am jealous of you, eating mozz sticks (or at least try to) and dessert...

Jackie said...

Wow! I'm glad ya'll stayed positive! I don't know if I could have :)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Wow, I would have asked for the manager too! But sounds like you guys had a blast!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

at least you have a sense of humor! this sounds horrible! you've got a good and funny story to tell now!

Wearing Mascara said...

LOL well at least they begged you for service later! So lame though...

Glad you can laugh about it :-)

*~! megs !~* said...

Wow. I am in awe of your patience! I would have totally lost it. Or just walked out...

Bama Belle... said...

oh wow - what a nightmare but at least you had good company and a great laugh!

Gwen said...

At least you all had a wonderful time while suffering through a crappy dinner. I can't wait to see the headboard!!! XOXO

The Shabby Princess said...

Ugh, what a bummer!!!

My name is Megan... said...

that is terrible ! and sad...I always look forward to new places! at least you let them slide, haha.. Can't wait to see the headboard!!