Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What a lucky gal I am!

I didn't blog yesterday because well I am one lucky lady! So on Friday we got an email at work that said our power would be out most of the morning so we didn't have to be in until 12:00. It's spring break at the college i work at but we have to work anyway-boo on that i know! So i slept in (10:30) and then came on into work. At 12:30 they told us that the power in the other building would be out at least 3 more hours so we could go home! SWEET! That is some serious good luck! :) I ran a few errands then home I went to rest on the couch with my furbabies! (Remember, I am pregnant so I am trying to get as much rest/sleep/napping in i can before Beanie arrives)!

This weekend was nice! Not too much going on... but one exciting thing... my roomie Shelley came in town (she lives in Nashville) and we had a nice weekend together! Friday night we went to eat at a little Mexican restaurant here in town with some friends. Then Saturday night we went to a friends house for game night! It was so much fun until something happened...

MY STOMACH! OUCH! It was killing me. I mean burning and cramping. I was like what the crap! It kinda did the same thing Friday night but it went away! Well this did not go away! It was too high to be something seriously wrong i thought. I have never had indigestion so I had no idea what was going on! It kept me up Saturday night in tears from about 4:00 til almost 6! It was horrible! i was up every hour and I thought I was dying (i.e. I over exaggerate about pain because i am a wuss!) It happened all day Sunday and a little Monday but today it seems to have gone away! I am assuming it was indigestion. Any of you pregnant ladies or mommies know what I am talking about?? Any cause for concern??

Here are a couple of pics from Friday night! Excuse my ghostly appearance! It's so different from what I am used to seeing! My tan has faded and I haven't seen sun in months! :)

And thank you for all of your sweet emails about the house and Beanie! The house is still a work in progress. Pics to come sooner rather than later I hope! We still have so much left to do. It's gonna take what feels like FOREVER!!! But a little at a time. I am doing my best to have patience! :)

And I have to give a big CONGRATS to my sweet friend Emily at Living or own fairytale... She just announced she is having a sweet baby girl :) Congrats girl! I am thrilled for you!

A GREAT and wonderful friend! I miss her!

The three amigos!!

23 comments:

Dollface said...

Wait... youre pregnant? you dont look it at all.. youre stunning!! Glad you had such a good weekend... xxxooo

Beth Dunn said...

That is the best news--to just get to go home! So happy for you. Rest up, you deserve it. xoxo

Tara Gibson said...

you look sooo cute in those pics! I wanna see a bump pic! : )

Mojito Maven said...

Ditto Tara. i want to see a baby bump pic ASAP!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

you look adorable! yay for having a day off! and, double ditto, i want to see a pic too :)

Emily said...

Ahhh LOVE you lyns!!! Thank you soo much for the shout out:) LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU:) Cant wait to find out what beanie is soo I can send a fun lil package.. already have one thing for it but waiting so I can get more gender specific stuff:) YEAH! I want to see a baby beanie belly update:)
Ok.. I think it could be indegestion or baby could be growing.. I had some major major cramping right around the same weeks you are and baby was just growing.. things were moving around and my uterus was growing.. I wouldnt be too concerned esp since it did stop....
U will prolly be able to find out beanies gender in about 4 weeks or soo:) Yeah:)
I also want to see house pics:)
And yeah for eachothers cell phone numbers.. I read your text to hubby and he was like.. ahh she sounds sweet.. i really like her:)
love ya:)

Lindsey said...

You look gorgeous!!! I wanna see baby bump pics too!;)

The George Family said...

I love your post... I remember telling people that I could seriously sleep like 20 hours a day when I was in my first and third trimester- get that sleep in now!

I wouldn't worry about the indigestion- it is pretty normal. But go ahead and call your dr if you are concerned. I didn't have indigestion as much as I had heartburn- it was AWFUL, ha! I felt like all I ate was gaviscon (the only thing mr dr approved!)

You look great in the photos- even if you don't feel tan :)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

i am so sorry that you were hurting! i felt so bad when you said you were up in tears. sounds like everything is ok since it stopped=)

you look soo cute! and yay for most of a day off, what a great surprise =)

definitely need to see baby bump pics!

Mrs. Stilettos said...

YES!! I know EXACTLY what you are talking about!!!!!!! The exact same thing happened to me when I was as far along as you and I was FREAKING OUT. But...it went away after 24 hours...and all was well. I guess its just things expanding that don't want to expand?? I'm sure your beanie is just fine!!

The Shabby Princess said...

Glad you got to enjoy a day off!! And whatever girl, you look great! Hope the stomach pain goes away.

Lis said...

Looks like such a great weekend!!

You look great in the pics!! But I agree with the other girls - baby bump pic please!!! :)

Krystyn said...

Oh, what a great surprise.

And, I say it's gas, but I'm just saying...it kills!

SassyEngineer said...

What a fun weekend! I hope the pain doesn't come back. It sounds like heartburn or something, but I don't really know. Glad you are feeling a better today :)

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

I had some funky pains early on. Now I'm experiencing extreme heartburn and indigestion on a daily basis. It's so bad that I'm waking up every hour and wanting to scream or cry. Tums Smoothies really help! :)

Yay for Emily's little girl! I can't wait to find out what you're having... but don't rush it. :) Enjoy the surprise moments. Let's see that bump. If you're anything like me, though, it'll be a while before you have anything obvious. Enjoy that flat tummy for a while longer!

luckeelady said...

I work at a University too and I was bummed when we had to work during Spring Break... :( But luckily none of the instructors or students were here and it was just us lonely secretaries... One day there was only 4 of us in our whole 3 story building. Such peace and quiet, but I got so bored that I either read or surfer the internet.

Good luck with the heartburn, call your doctor if it comes back and see what you can take to soothe it and if it gets worse keep an eye on it.

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Cute photos!

Sarah said...

You looked great in your pics even if you don't have a tan your beautiful. as for the abdominal cramping... I was a L & D nurse but didn't work OB offices so I don't know how many women experienced it but I do know that many women who never has indigestion before experience it during pregnancy especially before 20 weeks. If you are looking for a safe alternative to bloating and gas you could try boiling water with a few bay leaves in it and drinking it it will help you out and will not harm the baby!

The Ross Family said...

You might have experienced round ligament pain. It's like what one of the other girls said - your uterus and stomach is stretching and growing. I had it for a few days right around 16 weeks, and then again around 28 weeks. The second time around was so horrendous I couldn't even walk and was on bed rest for 2 days. I just had to let the pain pass.

Glad you had fun w/ your friend!

The Pink Chick said...

Wow! You are a lucky girl! Love the pics! You are so pretty!!!

*~! megs !~* said...

I need to see bump pics like yesterday!!

Gwen said...

I'm with Tara & Mojito Maven!!! Where are the baby bump photos!!! I think you are probably having "growing pains" but if they don't go away soon call your doctor up. I'm glad you had a fabulous weekend and you are looking gorgeous like usual!!! XOXO

My name is Megan... said...

you look great!! I hope your tummy pains go away soon! and yay for work being canceled :)