Thursday, April 16, 2009

You WANT to have this handy!

Usually we are giving out recipes for food, yes?? Well today I have something different for you!

Ok, we all know the economy is crap and some of us have had to cut spending in some areas! And most of us love a good DIY project, right?? Well, I have a way you can save $ and have a fun, quick DIY project :)

This recipe is for some of the BEST lotion in the world! I promise! You must give it a whirl and did I mention how yummy it smells? It is fabulous!

My aunt gave me the recipe and I fell in love! It's so smooth and smells so good and it makes a TON and a little goes a long way so it lasts forever! If you decide to try it, let me know how you like it! You won't regret lathering this wonderful-ness on your body this summer!

Ingredients:
13 oz. Baby Lotion with cocoa butter
7 oz. Vaseline
7 oz. Vitamin E cream

Directions:
Whip together in bowl with hand mixer!

TADA! Your skin will thank you!

27 comments:

The Preppy Polka Dot said...

Sounds delicious! Great idea!! :)

Mojito Maven said...

hmmmm i think i shall try this little concoction.

GIRL FROM THE LAND of 10KL said...

Interesting! I may have to try this!

Have a great day!

Mrs. Newlywed said...

Ohh I am going to try this. I have these items at home!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Wow I think I'm going to have to try that! I already use Vaseline on my face and neck before bed..not a ton, but enough to make my skin feel smooth. This sounds perfect!

Krystyn said...

Hmmm...sounds like a great idea!

My skin was super duper dry when I was preggo...I was using olive oil body wash to help!

Erin said...

Can't wait to try it!

Emily said...

I am making this.. have to make a trip to the store anyways:) Yeah:) thanks my dear friend:)muah!

SassyEngineer said...

Sounds interesting! I'm not a big lotion person, but I probably should help my skin out a bit :)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

fun, good idea=)

LucieP said...

I saw your cute profile pic and wantded to say hi!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

hmm.... a nice little weekend project for me!!!

Dollface said...

wow... sound so good!! especially with all this crazy weather, lotion is necessary!! xxoo

Amanda said...

I am going to have to try this.

Amanda said...

I am going to have to try this.

*~! megs !~* said...

this is SO gonna be my thursday nite project!

Thomtiger said...

Where did you find the Vitamin E creme, I saw only the oil?
Thanks.

Kaitlin said...

ooh I am going to have to try this asap. my hands are so dry its not even funny. oy.

midnight macaroons said...

Sounds awesome! I'm excited to try it. Thanks for sharing....

Shanny said...

Sounds moisturizing! lol

Gwen said...

I'm sending this one to a friend that loves making everything herself!!! Thank you for sharing. XOXO

midnight macaroons said...

Hey Fluffy! I just tagged you, girl....

M and G said...

I'm so trying it! I love DIY stuff like this!

Wearing Mascara said...

I read this in my reader and wasn't able to comment until now. This sounds like SUCH a great idea and I love at home cooking... and beauty... so put them together viola! hahaha

Also, just wanna let you know that my blog has switched to WordPress and for many people it's not showing up in their readers. Visit: wearingmascara.com to make sure it's showing up properly! (You may have to delete and then add it again). xoxo,

Julie

Aartee said...

This sounds really good...I'll have to try it out!

a H.I.T. said...

What fun. I'm in.

MissKarenAshley said...

How fun! I can't wait to try this.