Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Yummy soup

I don't know about you girls, but here in GA the past two days it's been FREAKING FREEZING! I mean seriously. Is it April or what?? Yesterday we even had some sleet and a little snow! CHAOS! But any how, nothing I like better than some yummy hot soup when it's chilly outside! I made this for Hubs and I and we devoured it in two nights :) Mmmm! I am sharing with you a recipe that my mom shared with me! Trust me, this is the best potato soup EVER!!!! And I am funny (note: REAL funny) about soups!

Is it super healthy? No!
Is it THE WORST THING you could ever eat? No!
Is it super yummy? Yes!

Since I found out I was pregnant, I haven't been as strict about my diet so I don't feel too bad eating this! I mean french fries and fried chicken fingers would be worse right?? :)

Ok here's what ya need: (this recipe feeds hubs and I for two nights)

- 6 medium potatoes peeled and cut into cubes (that is the most work of the whole recipe)
- 3 chicken flavored bouillon cubes
- 1/2 block of 2% Velveeta cheese (there's the badness)
- water

TADA-that's it!

Put the potatoes in a large boiling pot cover with water. Add water until it's about about two inches above the potatoes! Bring to a boil. Then add the bouillon cubes. Cook for 35-45 minutes until potatoes are tender. I like mine falling apart so I cook 45! Stir ever 10-15 minutes. When potatoes are as tender as you like them, add the cheese. Make sure you cut the cheese into cubes so it will melt quicker! Let cheese melt and serve :)

My mom serves it with cornbread, but I just eat mine with fat free crackers! :) It's de-lish-ous!

Some of you ladies might like to add onion and maybe some bacon. I am picky so I don't but I am sure it would be yum!

Enjoy sweet girls!

29 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It's been pretty cold here in NOLA these last couple of days too. Thanks for the recipe. It sounds yummy!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

MMMm, my mom makes a soup similar to this and it is so good!

Sarah said...

Sounds good and I would love to try it but I just have to make it to my goal weight in time! Everything sounded good till I read velveeta that stuff can get me in trouble.. I love, LOVE it!

KLC said...

sounds good, I love soup!

Erin said...

YUM! If I didn't not have to cook for the next week I would be making this tonight. Can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing.

The Pink Potpourri said...

YUM! sounds delicious. i am a huge fan of potato soup. if you ever want a quick and easy version, try campbell's chunky bacon cheddar potato soup. AWESOME.

Mrs. Stilettos said...

That is a perfect meal for a day like today...um I mean week...um I mean like the past six months!!! WHY is it so COLD?!?! We had some snow earlier this morning too - what the heck?! I need to be able to wear my cute little easter dress Sunday?!

Peace, love, and Big said...

Yum, sounds delish! :) Thanks for the recipe!

southern daze said...

It sounds fantastic and I love how easy it is :-) We've had really cold weather the past two days in Louisiana but now we're supposed to be back in the high 70's. I'm having a hard time keeping up with Mother Nature this year!

Krystyn said...

Sounds delish!

Did I mention how I'm loving the 70s in Texas? Snow...ick!

Vineyard Vogue said...

That sounds awesome! I'm going to give it a try! Thanks for sharing with us! :)

T i f f a n y said...

Wow - that recipe sounds awesome! It has been freezing here in Indiana too. I had to dig out my winter coat - it was so sad.

Dollface said...

yum..... cheesy potato soup sounds amazing, and I totally could eat it, i think for passover!! xxooo

Glamorous Life of a House Wife said...

That sounds delicious and super duper easy! Mmmm. Thanks for sharing!

Adventures in Newlywed said...

Yum, that sounds delish!

Prissy Southern Prep said...

I will have to try this. Unfortunately, the weather has been freaking freezing in the peach state, you are right!!!!!

USCEmily said...

Mmm...that sounds yum!! of course, I think cheese makes anything good!!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

yummy!!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

mmmm that sounds soo yummy!!

a H.I.T. said...

Yum! That sounds delicious!

Lindsey said...

Oh yummy! I might be making this tonight since we have snow here! Ugh!

Tara Gibson said...

that sounds so yummy!!! thanks for sharing

Megan said...

Yum! I will have to try this! Thanks for sharing.

- Sarah :-) said...

Stumbled across your blog from Lindsey at "Learnign to be a Wife".... hope you don't mind! Your blog is awesome and I am eager to see more of your home renovating. My Husband and I are mid-remodel ourselves, so... we're RIGHT there with you, though our house is quite a bit smaller.

Emily said...

yummmy! I cant wait to try it.. I have a similar recipe... that has carrots and celery in it.... yum in my tum:) thanks for sharing.. it was cold and now it is 76 today and tomorrow rainy and cold front movin in! what??

Miss E said...

That sounds delish! Thank you for sharing it. I'll have to try it out :)

Nani said...

I am SO trying this!

Britni and Justin said...

Sounds delicious! Thanks!

Mrs. Classic said...

Oh my gosh that sounds so good! I love cheese of any type. Don't worry about watching what you eat too closly. You get 10 extra points for breast feeding!!!