Monday, May 11, 2009

Beach Wedding and Beanie Update

After getting the great news that our Quad Screen came back negative, I was thrilled!
I don't know if I ever actually said that we decided to go ahead and do that on my blog or not but we did! It took one week to get our results and they told me "No news is good news!" So I waited one week and had no news so I thought that was GREAT but to be on the sure/safe side I called to make sure! After being on hold (stomach churning) for 5 minutes the nurse informed me that in fact the text was negative! WHEW! It was great to hear! I was never really worried. I knew that God would prepare us for what we needed to be but I thought "why not" for the test and I am glad we did it!

Bump news: It's beginning to pop out more so expect a picture this week :) YAY! It's still not huge and it's not very defined but I am seeing a difference, my coworkers are seeing a difference so you can be the judge :) And see if you see one! (My pants can tell a difference and THANK GOODNESS for the Bella Band)!

Hubs and I headed off to Destin, FL Thursday night for a wedding! We enjoyed a long day on the beach and got some much needed sun. Then Thursday night we headed to our FAVE restaurant in Destin, McGuires, and then to putt putt and then bowl! Neither of which I was any good at. Not on my A-game at all!

Saturday we went back to the beach and my parents got into town around 1:00 so my mom joined us on the beach while my dad napped. The wedding was at 6:00 so we got there at 5:00. The girl that got married, J, was my very best friend from the time I was 14 til about 16 or 17. She is 3 years older than me and she is also the (ok try to follow) daughter of my brother's girlfriend (might as well be wife)! So she is kind of like family! She was a beautiful bride. I got a few pics from the weekend to share :)

Hope all you mothers and mothers to be had a great Mother's Day! :) You all deserve it! Hubs, Dansby and Daizy got me some beautiful flowers and the sweetest cards. I can't believe this time next year I will be holding my baby in my arms for Mother's Day! So surreal :)

Pics from the weekend :)
Before our night out Friday!

Putt putt :)

Hubs and his plaid shorts rockin the bowling shoes!

Before the wedding!

Me and my parents before the wedding!

My brother and the mother of the bride!

The surprise groom's cake from the bride. It was a replica of his guitar!

39 comments:

Lindsey said...

Aww you look so gorgeous!!! What a fun time, I am so jealous of your tan!

Emily said...

u look amazing my friend! u dont even look pg at all:) Soo smoking and I love your long dress and short ddress.. sooo stinking cute:) ive miss you:)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

You are so pretty! Love the photos!

Beth said...

Beautiful! You don't even look pregnant!!

TexasLauren77 said...

You look fabulous!! Seriously...I think you are in better shape being pregnant than I am now NOT pregnant! LOL! And I LOVE your dresses! So cute!

Tracy's Porch said...

Love your dresses!!! What a fun weekend you had.

Lisa said...

You look beautiful!! Can't wait for belly pics :).

Tara Gibson said...

you look so beautiful! looks like that wedding was gorgeous!

The Northerner said...

Glad you got good news! Your weekend sounds like a lot of fun! I wish we had accessible and reasonable bowling and mini golf places in DC.

And I love that yellow dress you wore to the wedding. It looked great on you!

Angeline said...

your glowing! I have both the dresses your wearing lol Red one from Old Navy and Yellow one from my home away from home Forever 21 :)

baby bump pics soon!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

You look so good!! Your tan is awesome and your dresses are gorgeous! And your arms are still hot!!

I want to see belly pics! HA

Prissy Southern Prep said...

You look gorgeous. I loved that wedding cake! Oh, and your yellow dress is freaking adorable!

Sarah said...

first of all you look amazing, and you weren't kiddin when you said your boobs got huge!!!!!! love the dress!!!

Dollface said...

Omg... so amazing.. and that cake!! is that Ace of Cakes?1 I love it!!!! xxoo

Southern said...

You look fabulous! Can't even tell you're pregnant! I did that test too, and was so nervous the whole time I was waiting for the results. Happy Monday!

a H.I.T. said...

Gorgeous pictures!

SassyEngineer said...

Love both of your dresses! I can't believe you will have a baby next year either :)

morewineplease said...

AWW!! You are a mommy too this year! Happy Mother's day to you!
I dont see the bump yet? Looks like a wonderful weekend!

Chic Runner said...

Girl, you look AMAZING! :) I love your outfits, and you are too cute with the hubs! I can't wait to see more pictures of the little baby! :)

Mojito Maven said...

girl, you look fantastic!!!!!!! seriously hot!!!! I'm so glad your quad screen came back negative!!!!

little miss cupcake said...

I love your dressed - where did you get it so cute you look amazing and I am due the same day !!

little miss cupcake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Browns said...

What a beautiful wedding. You look gorgeous! I just found out we're expecting & I'm so nervous about getting big...GULP!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

you look great, lynds! i'm so excited for you! happy mother's day!

Lucky in Love said...

You look great! I love that yellow dress :)

What neat cakes!

*~! megs !~* said...

Girl you look awesome!! And Happy (late) Mother's Day!!

PS- I love that maxi dress!!

Happiness Is... said...

I just started reading, and it sounds like you had such a fun weekend! I love Destin - we're headed there for Memorial Day in fact! You look GREAT, and I could use some of your tan over here!

The Pink Potpourri said...

i love both of your dresses! you look beautiful!

Jesslee said...

so happy you got good news on the test results :)
you look beautiful as usual and i'm so jealous of your tan. glad you all had a great time!

Elizabeth said...

You look so pretty! Looked like a beautiful wedding and I am so glad that your test came back negative! :)

Krystyn said...

You look great. Glad the test came back negative.

writing4612 said...

You looked beautiful girl!

Miss E said...

You are beautiful! Looks like you all had a great time. I'm so glad that Beanie is healthy! Can't wait for a pic :)

PS- love all your new clothes! How fun to get to shop for your bump :)

Gwen said...

I am a little behind but catching up finally!!! I'm glad the test results were good. I hope you enjoyed your first Mother's Day. You look beautiful!!! XOXO

The Shabby Princess said...

You look gorgeous!!!! love your dresses.

amy (metz) walker said...

You look GREAT! I'm loving that yellow dress...

thelilwuvskimo said...

beautiful wedding! love love love that yellow dress on you! Fabulous!

My name is Megan... said...

looks like a BEAUTIFUL wedding!! you look wonderful! and all your dresses..love them!

Sue said...

What a beautiful bride! I totally adore your gown! Well, last week was my friend's wedding and she looked absolutely wonderful. She also had a beach wedding. Thankfully, just in the nick of time, we are able to find the perfect tent rentals, California location. We are able to decorate the whole place and it was magical. Well, my fiancée and I plan to wed next year and I am thinking of a garden wedding. My sister said that she'll help me prep and she even booked us the tent rentals. Sacramento is where we plan to tie the knot. I can't wait!