Friday, May 1, 2009

Introducing Beanie

Good morning ladies. What a week it has been.

First I want to say thank you for all of your sweet comments about My Personal Struggle! Yo all are so supportive and helpful and I am so blessed to have you all to "vent" to! :) Thank you for all of your kind words. You have no idea how comforting they were!

So, Wednesday we had our 16 week Dr appointment. I desperately wanted an ultrasound as I haven't seen my sweet little one since it was merely a bean! (Hence the name BEANIE!) We got to hear Beanie's heartbeat and at 150 they said that was great! They had no ultrasound planned but I expressed my WANT to see my baby with some arms and legs :) So they obliged and we got to see little Beanie in all her/his glory!! It was amazing!! We giggled and laughed as he/she moved all about, sucked his/her thumb and even gave us the Thinker pose! We also had the Quad Screening. We went back and forth on whether to do it or not but ultimately decided that we would. I should have results back by next Wednesday. I am not nervous. I am at peace. It's all in God's hands.

Also some good news (well I thought it was horrific) after the weighed me and I shut my eyes... I asked the Dr how much I had gained since my first appointment back in January and he said only 13 pounds. I gasped. And he laughed and said that was PERFECT! So if he thinks so, why should I argue :) So I am less stressed and beginning to embrace my pregnant body more! i promise bump pics soon, I just want to show you an actual bump and not just a pudgy stomach :) it's popping more and more so very soon :)

But today I would like to introduce to you my sweet little Beanie! We find out May 26th if Beanie will be sporting a football jersey in HS or a cheerleading outfit :) And we can't wait!


Here's my little gift from God... my sweet Beanie... (I know they aren't really clear as they are scanned in)


All curled up!

The Dr called this one the Thinker :)

Sucking his/her thumb!

Sleepy, sleepy-leave me alone :)

42 comments:

redheadedjournal said...

So cute!

*~! megs !~* said...

the third one looks like he/she's praying! so cute!!!

TexasLauren77 said...

How exciting! What a miracle! :)

Jesslee said...

Isn't it amazing and wonderful! I'm glad you feel better about the weight and that your Dr. let you know you were right on track. Your little beanie looks so cute posing for the photo shoot. haha!

d.a.r. said...

AWW! So precious!

Katie said...

So fun =) I'm super excited for you!

Have a great weekend!

Erica said...

That is wonderful! Congratulations!

Lindsey said...

Awww what a gorgeous baby!!! So exciting Lynds!

Tara Gibson said...

so beautiful! I cant wait to find out what your having!!

Emily said...

ohh I love lil beanie:) yeah for a great apt... and for a healthy beanie! I will be praying for the quad screening results and know they will be great:) love you!

Rachel said...

Great news and so sweet!! Can't wait to see what you are having!!!!

Gwen said...

Seeing the sonogram photos makes it all more real doesn't it? I have my guess on what little beanie will be wearing but I'll keep that to myself for now. LOL!!! Congrats on everything and have a fabulous weekend!!! XOXO

USCEmily said...

Yay, Beanie!!
And I'm glad that the doctor reassured you that your weight gain was perfect- I know that makes you feel so, so better!!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Awww this is just precious! So happy for you!! Can't wait to see your beanie grow and I also can't wait to see some baby bump pics :)

Chic Runner said...

Congrats! I'm sooo excited for you. Beanie is so cute and so small! You are going to be a great mom and I can't wait to see bump pics! (in a non creeper way)

Amanda said...

I love looking at ultrasound pics. It makes me missing working.(used to be a nurse at OB office and work in L&D.) I know that you are getting excited about finding out what you are having. I can not wait to hear. Congrats and have a good weekend.

StylishSuburban said...

How cute! Thanks for sharing your pics of your little beanie.

SassyEngineer said...

Oh I love Beanie -so cute! I'm glad the Doc made you feel better about everything :) I can't wait to find out what outfit Beanie will be sporting!

Tracy's Porch said...

I remember with Ashley how exciting it was to hear her heartbeat and then even more so to have an ultrasound. Thanks so much for sharing and I am so glad you are feeling better about your weight!

Island Girl said...

Eekk!! That's so exciting!! So cute!!

Dollface said...

omg... look at the little ribcage.. this is soo amazing.. and sucking their thumb,, ahhh!! thanks for sharing this with us! xxoo

luckeelady said...

yeah I've heard and read that up until 15 weeks or so you should of gained around 15 pounds. So you are doing great. I'm a little scared about weighing in 2 weeks because the last time the nurse said she was weighing me on the scale that weighed lighter so that means next time I weigh on the real scale that I will look like I'm weighing a few pounds heavier :(

BTW your pics of your beanie are great. I know I can't wait until June 11th to see what we're having. It's been since week 7/8 that I had an ultrasound.

Mojito Maven said...

YAYAYAYAY Lynds!!!!!!!

Miss E said...

So awesome! Thank you so much for sharing them with us! I'll be praying for health and happiness for you and your family. So excited to see how Beanie grows over these next months. xoxo

Gretchen and Jimmy said...

Aww! Cant wait to know if beanie is a boy or a girl! What a blessing!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

ahhhh yaaay for you and for beanie! soo sweet and so glad everything went well=)!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

So precious! I am sure you are a beautiful pregnant woman!

Lucky in Love said...

Look at your little baby!! So exciting!

Sarah said...

a beautiful,healthy,perfect baby

Kappa Prep said...

How exciting to see Beanie again! I think I am almost as excited as you all are fro May 26th, it cannot come soon enough!

Lis said...

SO precious!! I am so excited for you!!

Iva said...

awww congratulations!

Krystyn said...

What a cute little beanie! You are so lucky they let you have another look!

Newlywed Next Door said...

Hi Lynds. I've been reading your blog for a while and love it (being a newlywed myself). I’d love to have a chance to talk to you about sharing some of your thoughts with other moms-to-be. Can you email me at Kirsten@thebabycove.com? I couldn't find another way to contact you. :-)

Mrs. Cup said...

Ahh!!! PRECIOUS!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

yay!!!! look at beanie!!! so glad you got to see the little one again!

Kitty Cat said...

Wow, those pics of your Beanie are awesome! You can even see the skeletal structure underneath...so sweet and precious. It's so thrilling to see, isn't it?

Aartee said...

oh how cute...I bet you are super excited!!!

Megilon said...

Congratulations! So cute! You're blog has been nominated for an award on my blog...http://megjustsaying.blogspot.com/

Chitown Meg said...

Isn't it crazy!!! Congrats again :) That's awesome.

Glamorous Life of a House Wife said...

How presh! Congrats on your beanie and good luck on the quad!! You'll be fine. :)

a H.I.T. said...

How adorable! Congrats again. You guys must be besides yourselves with joy.