Tuesday, June 2, 2009

MIA

Sorry I have been so MIA since my posting about our sweet little girl! I have been in kind of a blogging slump, not to mention extremely busy with life, house renovations, and work!

I first want to thank you for all of your sweet comments about our little girl! We couldn't be more thrilled about sharing our little journey with this sweet darling with all you wonderful ladies!

Although it's very hard, I am going to try to NOT make all of my posts from now until October all about babies :) I will do my best. But I make no promises :)

So today I am going to update you on what's been going on in my life... the craziness, the fun times and the baby! There will be some questions, rants, raves and praises guaranteed. Here we go...

For the past two weeks, these little guys (centipedes) have invaded our house...


We have called an exterminator, they came and sprayed, Adam (Hubs) got under the house and sprinkled this stuff that supposed to kill them off, we have used spray in the house ourselves, and yet these things won't stop invading my space! It could be worse I realize, could be roaches or spiders or ants, but seriously, they won't leave us alone! Any of you ladies had the same problem? HELP is MUCH needed! And I am deathly afraid that this guy is living somewhere under our house making these one inch babies that are crawling through our house and having parties... (I haven't seen him yet, but I am beginning to wonder!)


Ok moving on from bugs to air conditioning... I am 21 weeks pregnant right? YES! So can you imagine how my moods have been with 78 degree temperatures in our house AT NIGHT??? Yeah it's not good. Our house was built in the 60s and I am pretty sure the air conditioner was put in then too, it's old as dirt and nice and ugly! And did I mention... NOT COOLING??? I am about two seconds from flippin out if I have to go to bed HOT AS HADES one more night! Seriously! (ok, that was my rant!)

House renovations... well we have painted lots of things... planted some things... and the front of our house is ALMOST where we want it. A little landscaping left and we will be all ready for our big reveal of before and after of our home! We are slowly making this house our home! The master bathroom on the other hand is a different story. We have the wallpaper down but serious sheet rock was torn down so there are many repairs to be done, and Adam has to do those because well, I have no idea about walls and crap :)

It's going to be a while before our house is truly where I want it. But we are getting there slowly. I mean I keep reminding myself that I am blessed to even be able to own a home and that I am not a millionaire or EVEN KINDA CLOSE! So we have to do things on a schedule as we have the budget to do them! And with a baby on the way, all the budget can't go for house renovations... we have a babies room to decorate.

Speaking of... I can not decide what I want to do for decor in her room! I think I make a decision then I change my mind! I am driving myself crazy! Here are a few of my inspirations. I can't decide which way to go! Ahhhh, but it's fun looking!










I promise not to go too long without posting but if I am slacking I'm sorry! :) I am trying to keep up with all you lovelies! HUGS!

54 comments:

JennyLo said...

I love love love nursery ideas. I am nowhere near ready to have a child but I have "future file" saved :). The black and pink one that you posted is gorgeous!
ps- I left you a lil something on my blog! http://homesweethomeandmore.blogspot.com/2009/06/kreativ-blogger-award.html

*~! megs !~* said...

I LOVE that black and green nursery!! So adorable!

Aartee said...

YUCK for the bugs and I am loving that aqua and yellow nursery :)

Undomesticated Newlywed said...

We have recently been invaded with little beetles in our house! We had the terminix guy come out and spray outside but I'm still seeing them...

Frustrated beyond belief so I know exactly how you feel!! Our pest guy said it's because the weather is getting warmer so they come in to cool off...

Kelly said...

I really like the one with the green and black! Very different. They are all really cute though.

LovesPINKandPEARLS said...

ah those centipedes are all over my house too!

The Dunaway's said...

Is the green and pink one from Ballard Designs?
I love it and the black and pink

Sarah said...

I just love those nurseries you posted - they're all soo freaking cute!!

Beth said...

The pink and green is too cute!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

i love the yellow and green serena and lily bedding. but they're all adorable!!!

centipedes! no good! and i feel you on the air conditioning. our bedroom used to be the attic so it gets up to 85 degrees up there during the day and at midnight it is around 75 degress. by 4:00 a.m. it cools off to the 67 degrees i need it to be! so i don't sleep too great either.

The Reality of Happily Ever After said...

My FAVORITE is 1 and 3 (I'm a "Light/White" sorta girl :)

How exciting!

Tara Gibson said...

oo love the nursery ideas. Those little guys would creep me out too! Hopefully they will go away soon

Mrs. Newlywed said...

I LOVE the yellow nursery! The first one...so so pretty.

I love white nursery furniture. It is gorgeous.

Life of a Savannah Bride said...

Love the nurserys! I like the first one! And centipedes are so nasty. We found one in our house the other day too!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

How did I miss the big announcement??? So happy for you both!! She looks beautiful in her pics :)

Loving your nursery pics! I can't wait to see what you decide on. I can't imagine how hard of a decision that is!!!!

Dollface said...

I love the black white and pink one, soooo uber chic.. xxooo

SLJ said...

I love the black and green nursery! Good luck on the cenipedes... we don't have them but we have worms thanks to all the rain!

Erin said...

I love, Love, love....#2!

writing4612 said...

Oh no! I hate bugs too.

Good luck with the reno. I love the first crib. The black crib looks good with the green wall, but I would change the curtains. There's so much to choose from these days!

Chic Runner said...

Oh my. Those pictures got me pretty close to wanting to have a child... ha ha :) Hope you get those bugs out! :) I've missed you but I understand you've been a busy bee!

The St. John Family said...

Go to www.polkatotdesigns.com! Amazing bedding!!!

A Walk With The... said...

Baby girl nursery shopping is the BEST but then it gets so hard because you can't make a decision! Everything is adorable and you could go crazy!! I'm sure whatever you pick will be just precious!!!

kb said...

I really like the first and third picture. Those cribs look like something you could use again if you have another baby. And ones that are classic enough to pass on to your daughter 25 yrs from now.

But they all look great!!

USCEmily said...

I love the pictures of room #2 and room #2. It's a tossup which I like more. I like the aqua and yellow because it's so different, but I am a huge sucker for pink and green!!

Megan said...

I love the second picture. So cute!

Mojito Maven said...

ok i would have freaked out if that bug was in my house!!!

I am a huge fan of green and yellow so I really like the first pic!

Lindsey said...

I have missed you friend!! But I know how busy you are so I def understand!=)
LOVE the nursey ideas, adorable!!! It kinda gave me baby fever!

Mrs. B said...

Soooo pretty! I loved decorating our little girls' nursery! I love the 2nd one, w/ the pretty yellows and blue walls...As soon as I saw it, I thought, Hm, I should re do Ava's room like that when she gets older! Have fun! :) And congrats on your lil girl :)

Emily said...

i hate all kinds of bugs! ugh...so glad adam is taking care of the problem! and yeah for some ideas for baby girls room.. i love the first and the last... make me want to change up cates room now... ahhh! im crazy! keep me posted on what you decide.. we are doing purples... greens.. pinks and yellows.. kind of everything.. in her room:)
I have missed ur blogging!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Awe, glad to know you are doing great!

Kaitlin said...

love love love the black and green nursery!

Eli said...

I like the first 3 a lot. Good luck with the bugs and the renovations.

TexasLauren77 said...

Ok, first...I gotta say that the centipede made my skin crawl!!! I'd be having the same thoughts as you!!

And, I think 78 degrees inside at night is Hades, and I'm not pregnant!! Here's hoping you get the AC fixed up and cranked down soon!! :)

And regarding the nursery, I loved them all, but I'm a total sucker for the pink and chocolate at the end for a little girl! :)

sweet tea in a pink glass said...

I love the nursery ideas and taking notes...

Krystyn said...

I love the first nursery idea!

And, I remember turning the fan on as high as it would go and still not getting cool enough!

And, I totally hate the creepy-crawlies...that's what I call them.

The Shabby Princess said...

I know it's so hard to want to do everything to your house right away to get it perfect. I'm sure this isn't what you want to hear, but, we've been in our house for 14 months and it's still not "perfect", but, it's ours, and that's all that matters. You own a home!!! Not very many newlyweds with a baby on the way can say that--that's awesome!!

Congratulations again on the little girl--she is going to be one stylish little lady!

Gwen said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Bugs freak me out!!! Hopefully they will be gone soon!!!

I love the green damask and the pink/white/black combo. So adorable!!! XOXO

a H.I.T. said...

Holy cow those bugs would have me in a hotel...I am absolutely scared of bugs, especially creepy crawlies like those! And nothing is getting rid of them!?!?! Ack!

The nursery ideas are so cute!

morewineplease said...

mmm... nursery planning is so fun, enjoy ever minute of it dear!

tracypartyof4 said...

It's going to be hard to decide. They are all so cute!

Southern said...

Love the nursery ideas - do you read Dooce? She just posted pics of her new nursery and I love it! Did you ever get your Happikins? BTW - centipedes creep me out so bad, that picture made me squirm...yuck.

The Pink Putter said...

ALl of the nurseries were gorgeous, but I love the pink and green and the pink and black.

Centipedes-yuck! Bugs don't generally creep me out, but I can't stand centipedes. All those legs give me the willies!

Jesslee said...

Did you really have to put that huge centi picture up, ACK! My skin is already crawling. haha!
Hope you get rid of those things quick! I hate bugs, yuck!

I like the nursery pic #2 aqua & yellow, it's very modern, i likey!

and I also like the last pic, pink & black, cute & girly!

Kitty Cat said...

Oh, I love the nursery ideas!!!! I am so uninspired at the moment - I don't know what I'll get done...

Euw, centipede things, gross!

The Pink Potpourri said...

oh i LOVE all of those nursery pics!!! good luck making a decision. we are in the same boat. we're crib shopping right now, and once we make a selection, i think it will be easier to plan out the room from there.

oh and your centipede friends are disgusting. i hope they go away. fast.

online dating said...

thanks for share. Nice picture and I like this blog. If you don't mind visit my blog also.thanks

Nani said...

Love the pink and green!!!! Must have - the chandelier ;)

Mrs. Stethoscope said...

love the black and white stipes with pink and green for the babies room

Jessica said...

HI! Just stopping by and visiting your blog-found you on Bower Power.

I LOVE the first and second photo's! They look like such calm and relaxing rooms you could just curl up in!

Annabel Manners said...

Congratulations!!! I vote for the last one. I love anything pink, and black and white is supposed to be good for baby brains!

Miss E said...

I love the aqua/yellow nursery. So bright and cheery! Yuck for the bugs. PS - is that you/your Hubs holding it? I have chills just thinking about them!

Petunia said...

Sorry about the bugs! :(

I love the nursery with the blue walls and the last one with the pink. So cute!!

Texan Couture said...

I love the last pic it is so cute! I esp love the chandelier Can't wait to see what you decide!

Erin said...

The ideas for the nursery are super super cute! I can't wait to see what you do with it and how it all comes together!

THAT BUG . . . I would die . . nothing could be worse when it comes to a bug with way to many legs! Wow that this is huge! ICK . . YUCK . . I don't know if i will sleep tonight!