Friday, July 24, 2009

3rd trimester occurances

Ladies (and maybe a few gentleman)... the time has come... I am officially in my 3rd trimester! YIPPEE! So with this comes MANY new things! For the most part, my pregnancy has been absolutely the closest thing to perfect I could ever have imagined. No sickness, no nausea, none of the HORRID things I had read about. Other than BAD sleepiness the first, oh say, 22 weeks or so, it's been absolutely wonderful! A pure blessing. I know I struggled with my weight at first, but I am embracing my "puffiness" more everyday and I know this sweet little girl I am carrying is all the reason for it! Well, her and a few candy bars and ice cream probably :)

So far I have gained 36 lbs! YEP. I told you that! ha! 36!!!! It's a scary number to me because my original goal was only to gain around 35 total! I still have 11 weeks to go so obviously my goal is out the window. That's ok. I will bounce back in no time! Probably looking like 45-50, but hey, that's ok. It's for a good cause right! however, my Dr does want me to watch it because he doesn't want me to get Preeclampsia. So I am trying to be better about watching what I put in my mouth! I mean hello some of the weight is inevitable, right?

Along with this 36 extra pounds I am carrying is a 3.5 pound baby! YES, I said it! 3.5 POUNDS! At this point she should be around 2-2.5 lbs. But not my big girl :) We got to see her for the last time until her arrival in October, on Tuesday. She did not want us to see her face, she kept her hands up the whole time! But we did get a glimpse of those precious cheeks :)

So along with my journey into the 3rd (and FINAL) trimester, a few things have changed for me! Along with a FAST growing bump (see pic below for proof) here are a few things that are rapidly changing:



- Harder to shave my legs and pretty much impossible to shave my "whooha"
- Harder to sit down and get up! I need a push and a pull most days!
- My belly is itching like crazy
- I have resorted to biweekly pedicures due to not being able to lift my legs up high enough to do it myself :)
- ALM is kicking me like crazy. It's amazing!
- My tailbone feels like I busted my butt while skating :)
- And my feet have OFFICIALLY begun swelling, however, I am still wearing my heels and wedges :) YEPPERS!
- My emotional craziness just kicked in recently. Mood swings are here and they are rampant!
- Things all over are swelling!
- Finally, people are saying "You're pregnant!??! When are you due?" So they don't just think I am getting chubby anymore :)
- I won't be able to wear my wedding rings too much longer. These phalanges are puffy :)

I won't bore you with more although I could go on for days :) I will leave you with this picture comparison of 25 weeks and 28 weeks. Amazing what has happened to my body in 3 weeks! I will be 29 weeks on Sunday... 11 weeks to go! HOLY BABY BATMAN! This weekend we are painting ALMs room and then we will be in the homestretch of decorating :) YAY! Have a fab weekend girls. XOXO



48 comments:

Prissy Southern Prep said...

I had preeclampsia during my pregnancy, and it was horrible. Take it from me, and listen to your doctor's advice on how to avoid getting it. Your list of "changes" made me crack up. I am so glad your pregnancy has been great! And, you were such a power house before when it came to the "fit train" -- I know you will bounce back in no time.

Miss HoneyDew said...

You are adorable!! Don't worry about the weight gain, I'm sure you'll lose it in no time!!! Enjoy your last trimester!!!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

You look so awesome girl!!! Look at that baby bump! Enjoy these next few weeks.. she's going to be here before you know it!!

Single in Vancouver said...

You look adorable with your baby bump! :)

Lea Liz said...

Wow I can't believe you're already in your 3rd trimester, I feel like it's flown by!! You look awesome and that baby bump is too cute, your all belly!! I

Sugar & Spice said...

You look great!! Weight gain is normal in a pregnancy. Focus the beautiful bundle of joy that you will soon be meeting :)

a H.I.T. said...

You look beautiful. Congrats on being in your third trimester - almost there!

Lindsey said...

You look fabulous girl!!!

Lucky in Love said...

You look fantastic!! I'm so excited to "meet" little Addision! Don't worry Mama! You're almost there! You're doing such a wonderful job :)

Erin said...

So look amazing!!! It all seems so exciting! Have a great weekend!

Mrs. Realife said...

Sounds like you have had a pretty amazing journey so far! Hope your 3rd trimester is JUST as amazing --

Your list of changes had me laughing... "No whooha" shavings!! LOL

Muffy said...

You look FABULOUS!!!!!!! You really do! This is so exciting!!!

Gwen said...

You are so cute!!! And I can't believe how big ALM is already. She's going to be so flipping adorable!!!

Belly itches can be stopped by lots of lotion (and Neosporin if you are crazy like I am). Don't shave the whooha...set up a waxing right before your due date. It's worth it when everyone is staring at the one location. LOL!!!

XOXO

Leslie said...

I can't believe you're at the 3rd trimester! Crazy how fast this has gone (which is easy for me to say from miles away behind a computer screen, huh? ;)

writing4612 said...

I've always heard it's bad to wear heels while pregnant.

I had a friend fall while pregnant and wearing heels. It wasn't good. I've also been told it puts it puts a strain on you the further you get into your pregnacy because you're walking a lot different with the extra weight.

If you're dead set on doing it, they recommend a lower heel.

This is my two cents on the subject. :)

Chic Runner said...

YAY I'm so excited for you and ALM! :) Have a great weekend painting and decorating! You look AWESOME!

Dollface said...

You look stunning!!! Dont worry about the itchy belly and not being able to shave, enjoy the luxuries of the third trimester!! xxxooo

Tracy's Porch said...

You looks so great in hot pink!

The Shabby Princess said...

You are gorgeous!! You are a positively darling mommy to be. I am so excited for you and this wonderful journey you are on. YAY!!!

Kari Beth said...

i can't believe that you are already 28 weeks! woo hoo! you are in the home stretch now! you look great. honestly, you don't look like you've put on any weight onther than your belly. too cute!

Rachel said...

Girl you crack me up!! Looks like we both have chunky monkeys growing inside us!! It is crazy how fast the time flies!!!! She will be here before you know it!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

you look gorgeous!! and do not look at all like you've gained more than 3.5 lbs!!=) I totally feel you on your entire list, haha, and I was the exact same way with my weight gain, I was so hoping for 35 lbs, a big HA, that did not happen=) It'll come off, that's what I keep repeating to myself=)

The Pink Owl said...

You look amazing!

The Pink Chick said...

You are so beautiful! You look amazing!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

You are so cute!

TexasLauren77 said...

You look amazing!!! And just think...so much of that weight is water weight. It'll be gone in a flash! :)

short southern momma said...

you look great!!

Lindsay said...

You look fantastic. I just died laughing when you said shave the whooha. I remember that...I jumped in the shower with Hubby and grabbed the razor and said help me dang it! Tooo much info...sorry! :)
Anyway, congrats and a girl, too, Oh ma'am you need to click the SQUISHY TUSHY button at the top of my page so we can get you some bows for her little head!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

My name is Megan... said...

she is growing! :) you still look great!

A Walk With The... said...

Hahaha....I just love you Lyns...holy cow I was giggling through your entire post! You and I are two peas in a pod with this freaking weight gain and swelling. Oh well...before we know it we will be on WW and holding our sweet bundles of love!

Buford Betty said...

You look fabulous!

luckeelady said...

I too had pre-e with my first so it could get kind of scary really fast. I pretty much swelled from head to toe and looked like the state puff marshmellow. The only thing that has swelled on me thus far is my toes which I'm so grateful for.

I'm so glad your pregnancy has been almost perfect so far, and can't believe you've gained 36 lbs. because you really can't tell because you look fabulous still. I've gained about 22 now but it is seriously all in my belly and everyone thinks I look like I've either got twins in there or I'm about to deliver anyday (those comments get kinda old)! I've got a ton of possible risks and complications on my plate that are super stressful so please keep your fingers crossed for me.
Take Care little Mama!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

You look great!! I am loving your list you made! It's so good to hear all of the real things that people go through. Don't even worry about the weight gain! You look awesome and you ARE having a baby! I mean come one, it comes with the territory right?? HA

Meagan said...

Woman, you look so good! I can't believe that you are almost due!! yeah!! It seems like just yesterday when we all got pregnant and in a few months we will all have babies! yay!

Krystyn said...

Yay for the 3rd trimester! Looking good!

What's even better, is once little A is born, they almost all go away immediately.

Tara Gibson said...

you look great girl!!! she will be here before you know it!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

How gorgeous are you?

Love the list of things that have been changing! That had me laughing!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

You look wonderful..although I KNOW that doesn't mean all that much at this stage of the game. I did great until the last month, and suddenly I was over being pregnant. I bet you can't wait to meet your little one!

Emily said...

Oh how I can relate to all of these things.. I can't see my who ha, hard to shave, sleep, bend over, get dressed:) we r almost there:) gosh I'm so blessed to have u has a friend and be on this journey with u!! U look gorgeous!! All belly! U are glowing and just beautiful!!love u

Miss E said...

You look WONDERFUL! and so HAPPY! I'm so glad you and baby ALM are doing well. Not too much longer before her arrival! xoxo

Izzy said...

I'm just amazed at your cute clothes during all of this! :-)

Mojito Maven said...

girl, you are BEAUTIFUL!!

and preeclampsia is nothing to joke around about!! sending positive vibes your way that you will NOT get this!

AND thanks for reading my story friend! xoxo

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

the 3rd trimester is awesome. that baby just pops on out!!! :) love that girl and love you!!! you'll be fine... just listen to your doctor and do what you can. but don't blame yourself if you get it. love you!!!

Kappa Prep said...

You look so beautiful L! I loved reading about that has changed too!

sarah said...

You look amazing pregnant!

Texan Couture said...

I need to read this book and you look fabulous!

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

Wow - I'm impressed that the hormones are just now making an appearance! Mine have been 'acting up' for the past several weeks and I'm only at 18 and a half! :)

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

ps - the pictures are great and you look lovely!