Wednesday, July 29, 2009

An amazing book & weekend update

Sorry I have been MIA lately!! I have been preoccupied by something... what you ask?

Somewhere In Between Us By Mojito Maven!!

Let me say, I don't read. I have never enjoyed reading all that much. I love me some magazines, but never made time for reading. I have read some fabulous books and always say I need to read more but I never make time to do it!

This book had me so wound up, I cried. YES, I cried 3 or 4 times. I guess pregnancy and a good book and some emotional reading = tears from me :) I have to say that my friend MM is so talented and she is a WONDERFUL writer. I don't do book reviews because, well, I don't read :) But this is seriously one of the best things I have ever read. The plot, the characters, the storyline... FABULOUS FABULOUS FABULOUS! All of it!

So if you have time, head on over and check out Somewhere In Between Us! I promise you once you start, you won't be able to stop!!! I am craving that next chapter!

I knew MM was a cool chick, a great friend and one hell of a blogger, but I had no idea she was such a talented and spectacular writer!! Head on over now to check out her blog and her book!

................................................................................................................................................................
This weekend we made GREAT headway on Addison's room. My wonderful husband painted and put up chair rail while my mom and I shopped. While on our shopping excursion, we picked up a chandelier for her room. It's gorgeous and looks AWESOME in her room! We also picked up two rugs, neither of which looked good once we got them home! We got her some clothes of course! Her closet is officially RIDICULOUS! But I am so blessed to have such a wonderful mother who is so excited about her first grandchild she can hardly stand it! We also got window treatments for her room! We decided to go with something plain and sweet. Photos to come soon! :) Overall, my weekend was great. Love spending time with my mom!!
This weekend Adam and I will be going to our "Birthing Class." It's from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm! So that means NO sleeping in Saturday and I am not happy about that. But I am excited to learn more about our baby and what's to come with the birth! I am also prepared that I could walk out of the class crying and screaming "I can't do this!!" But I don't have a choice, this precious blessing is coming out one way or another in less than 11 weeks! HOLY COW! We are getting more and more anxious to meet her! We can't wait! I will have PLENTY to say Monday I am sure about all I learn! :) So get ready! ha!
Hope all of your weekends were great and your week is FAB! XOXO!

22 comments:

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

It sounds like a great weekend with getting Addison's nursery prepared. I can't wait to see the pictures. I am sure that it will be beautiful!

When I was pregnant I was telling my sister about what we had learned in our birthing class and her response, "I think you got yourself in a mess." That just cracks me up every single time I think about it. She was so serious and had such a look of concern on her face.

Tara Gibson said...

i cant wait to see addisons nursery! i am headed over to MM to check out this book of hers!

Whitney said...

I started reading MM's book the other day and it is absolutely fabulous! I didn't stop until I was finished... and now I am just frothing to see what the next chapter holds for us readers!!!

I cannot wait to see Addison's room... it's going to be adorable! TAKE PICS!

Lucky in Love said...

I can't wait to hear how this class goes! It always seems new moms learn something "interesting" there!

Dollface said...

Im glad you enjoyed your book!!! I think I will check it out myself, xxxoo

morewineplease said...

birthing class should give you some good blog topics ;)
Loving MM story as well!

Meagan said...

I'm so excited to hear all about your class!!! Also, I cannot wait to see nursery pics! We are still working on ours! haha. I have been up since 6:30am this morning trying to finish it up!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I can't wait to see what you've done to Addison's nursery!! I know it's going to be incredible!!

A Walk With The... said...

The book is fabulous and I'm going INSANE waiting for the rest of the chapters to be released!! I get so excited when I see that she puts a new one up!!

Have fun at your birthing class! It doesn't look like John and I are going to be taking one - we just opted for the newborn care and breastfeeding class since my MIL is our delivery nurse. You will have to give me the full scoop and highlights!

I can not WAIT to see A's room!!!

Brunch at Saks said...

Thank you for the book review! I am looking for a good summer read so I will definitely be checking this one out! And your little one's nursery sounds like it is going to be fabulous! :) XOXO

Lindsey said...

WOW! Sounds a super productive weekend, great job! Can't wait for pics.

Mojito Maven said...

AWWWWW blush friend. Thank you so much for a. even reading it and b. writing such a wonderful review.

Meeting you in blog land has been the best experience and I genuinely value your friendship and opinion!!

Love you!

short southern momma said...

cant wait to see the nursery.....and the closet! I will totally have to check out MM's book, thx for the great review!

Milltini said...

It really is a fabulous book!!!

My name is Megan... said...

sounds like you got a lot down!! :)

Can't wait to read MM's book!

Lea Liz said...

wow I can't believe you only have 11 weeks left, I feel like your pregnancy has flown by!! But I know it probabaly seems like a lifetime to you!! Can't wait to see the nursery!!!!!

d.a.r. said...

I almost grabbed that book the other day!!

And oh my goodness, I can't believe you are almost done with this pregnancy. I can't wait to see her nursery :)

d.a.r. said...

** by almost grabbed, I meant "almost sat down to read it". My brain is mush this week!

Prissy Southern Prep said...

what??!?! I had no idea MM is an author?!

Gwen said...

I have to check out her book this weekend. Everyone is raving about it and I'm sure I'll love it too!!! I can't wait to see Addison's nursery all finished. It's going to be fabulous!!! Have a great time at birthing class. You might enjoy it more than you think. I'm sure you'll definitely get a great laugh or two. LOL!!! XOXO

Miss E said...

I'm obsessed with MM book, it's so good! I'm glad you're spreading the word :)

Have a great weekend, girl. You sounded a little stressed out on Twitter. Hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend!

xoxo

Aartee said...

I am loving Somewhere in Between us also...I can't wait to see pics of Addison's room