Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Baby Registry Chaos

Good morning ladies!


Sorry for my absence but I took a little break from the WWW over the long weekend! We had some very good friends come in town for the 4th and I am just catching up on my rest! I will have pics from our wonderful weekend coming soon!

So Thursday when I got off of work, Adam and I went to register for our sweet little one! I was so excited I could hardly stand it!

We first went to Target! And can I just say how disappointed I was in Target's baby selection. Adam and I decided not to register for any clothing, we only wanted to register for essentials; things that we NEED! Well, they just didn't have much that I wanted or needed, so our registering there was quick and simple!

Then it was off to Babies R Us! Can I just say how IN LOVE with this store I am! I mean everything from their customer service to their selection in all things baby is amazing! We have bought clothes from there like crazy. I guess before I got pregnant I thought maybe Babies R Us would be an expensive place, but it's not at all. And they have some of the cutest, sweetest things!

I consulted some of my friends: Tracy, Erin and Emily about what all to register for and what was a waste of my time! These girls have been absolutely amazing through my pregnancy. I know I can always count on them for advice, baby related or not! Thanks girls. Love you!

When we got to Babies R Us, and got the registry gun, I went CRAZY! :) I had to stop and map our a route for us because I was getting very overwhelmed! I thought I would break down in there but I didn't! I kept my cool and I was like a kid in a candy store! I have to say it was WAY more fun than registering for our wedding! We registered for a lot in there because for 12 months after Addison is born, we get 10% off of whatever wasn't purchased for us!

Here are some of the things we registered for and why!

We already have the Fisher-Price My Little Lamb Infant Seat (thanks to my precious mom!) so we just needed to get us a handy swing!



Fisher-Price Smart Stages 3-in-1 Swing & Rocker - We played with several rockers and swings and this seemed to be the best from what we could tell in the store! It swings very lightly for new babies and then when she is older it comes off the swing and it's a rocking chair!



Fisher-Price Precious Planet Jumperoo - I have heard GREAT things about this! So, we had to register for one. obviously she won't need it for a little while but will be GREAT to have!


Graco Pack N Play - Elyse - I was a little disappointed in the style of Pack N Plays they had! We settled for the polka dot one! This is the only thing we registered for that was really "girly." We are trying to be smart just in case our next little one is a boy :)



Maclaren Volo Stroller - Coffee - This is for when she is older and we just need to grab and go! Great reviews!


BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Original - City Black - Adam and I will be sharing this!! I have heard this is a necessity!
Chicco Cortina Travel System Stroller - Discovery - We rolled a couple around that we like but we settled on this one. It's dark grey and lime green. So pretty and great for a boy or girl, although Adam said she might look a little "butch" in it! I about DIED!


Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump - Shoulder Bag - I am going to try my best to breast feed and if it takes we will go back and get this at 10% off. I have heard this is the best brand!


Graco iMonitor Vibe 2 Parent Monitor - We decided against the video monitor. If we get one we will be thrilled, but they were a bit pricier so we went with the Graco one!

Fisher-Price Precious Planet All Around Musical Playtime Gym - Perfect to keep her busy and content!!
Obviously we registered for lots more (80 something total items I think), but these were the things we got suggestions on and after reading reviews, we were satisfied and excited to get them!

Other things we have decided on and registered for:

- Pampers
- Dr Brown's and Playtex bottles
- Similac formula once I stop breastfeeding

I am open to any advice on adding anything to my registry!! Suggestions???

29 comments:

The Pink Potpourri said...

great registry! we just finished our registry at babies r us as well, and got a lot of similar things! i had originally registered for the dr. brown bottles, because i heard they were amazing, but then a friend told me she had a nightmare of a time cleaning the tubes, and avent works just as well. just something i learned :)

Dollface said...

Oh my gosh - this stuff is too stinkin cute... I love everything on it... xxxooo

A Walk With The... said...

Lyns - you are just wonderful! I am so blessed to share this journey with you!! I wish I lived closer so I could come to your shower!! You are just going to GLOW that day!! :)

Julia said...

My sister-in-law loves her breast pump. Because pumping out milk and starting the baby on bottles pretty soon means that they get used to it so they don't have a harder transition later on. Then when they are in the nursery at church or with g-ma, they won't pitch a fit about having to take a bottle.

Rachel said...

I think you did great!! I have always used the playtex bottles with drop ins (I did not breast feed) and they have been perfect. Not a gassy baby yet (crossing my fingers on this one =)).

Also this weekend, our friends came in town and they have a 5 week old sweetie. She had one of those really cute slings, all fabric. I was very skeptical of them, but let me tell you, I will have one with Bree!! Everytime she would put Sam in it, he would sleep like a baby IMMEDIATELY...and it was very stylish =). I am going to look online today and we will probably use it in addition to the Baby Bjorn.

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

great choices!

i will say that we love our video monitor... my aunt and cousins gave it to us as a joint gift. it's nice because he'll cry for two minutes sometimes and i can look at the monitor and see that he's fine so i just let him cry for a second because i could see that he's okay. when i just hear him cry i go running because i can't see him and i'm not sure that everything is fine. does that make sense? you could register for both and just see what people get for you. :)

i love that bouncy seat-- it's way cuter than the one i ended up getting.

we have that same pack n play and i can't wait to use the mclaren stroller!

we use similac liquid formula to supplement. so i breastfeed and bottle feed. i didn't use my pump until i knew that the breastfeeding was working! :) good choice on waiting on that... they're so dang expensive!

Lea Liz said...

I loved registering!!
I have that car seat/ stroller system for Brody in the same colors and I love it! I think you really will too!

I also got Brody that jumperoo just a few weeks ago and he loves it!!!
I also have a medula double breast pump and you will love it too..lol it is great!!
How exciting!
How fun!

Gwen said...

Oh I loved registering for Ellie!!! I think you did a fabulous job on getting the things you'll need!!! Now you get to relax and watch the gifts pour in!!! XOXO

Mrs. Classic said...

I would advise to avoid target because their return policy is so horrible. You are only allowed to return 2 items a year that you don't have the receipt for. When you are receiving gifts that's pretty hard to stick to.

Tara Gibson said...

look at all the great things you registered for!

Lindsey said...

Great registry, you picked out some great stuff! Gosh I'm so exicted for you, I hope you get it all!!

Southern said...

Great stuff! Target cannot compete with BabiesRUs! Just make sure you keep a registry there because they WILL NOT let you take anything back if you don't have one and somebody buys you something from there. The one thing you'll use the most is the travel system. My little guy didn't like swinging or bouncing, so you may want to hold off on some of those things until you meet the little one.

Mrs. Realife said...

Looking at all those fun things almost makes me want to have a baby!

almost. ;0)

Mrs. Newlywed said...

I love seeing what everyone puts on their registries. It gives me great ideas for gifts who have decided not to do one!

Krystyn said...

Great stuff.

We have the Chicco and love it!

Sort of makes me want to register again.

And, you can't go wrong with the Medela pump!

And, I secretly want a MacLaren, but haven't footed the bill for one.

Leslie said...

One of my pregnant friends just went to Target to register and was told that they are about to bring out a whole new baby line, so they are just letting their current stuff phase out. They actually told them not to register and to come back later!

Happy Dash said...

I love the Maclaren stroller! As a nanny, it is the easiest umbrella stroller to use and is comfy for the kids too :) I am sure you will love it when baby girl gets a bit bigger!

a H.I.T. said...

There is so much stuff out there for babies - I would have no idea what to register for!

Erin said...

I have the monitor and we loved it! Worked perfect for us! Seems like you registered for a lot of great things!

I love babies R Us! So much fun!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Seeing your registry just makes it all seem so close! You picked cute stuff. I love looking at peoples' registries!

Petunia said...

I loved my Maclaren stroller! Once baby is big enough you will be so happy to get rid of the big chunky stroller. Lil P loved to ride in her Maclaren until her feet were dragging on the ground at about 5 years old!!

Wearing Mascara said...

Awesome! Everything that you registered for looks great. My sister (who just had a baby) would approve :-)

Carol said...

Oh my gosh so many cute thing!!!!

Tracy's Porch said...

You did a great job. I love Babies R Us and when I walk in, it reminds me of when I registered for Ashley and all the excitement that went along with that moment.

I know tons of people swear by Dr. Browns bottles but they frustrated me and I ended up not using them. Too many parts, etc and hard to clean like a previous commenter said. But you may end up loving them. Everyone is so different in what they like/dislike.

Emily said...

Love u more!!! I'm so excited to share in this amazing time with you!! We are really lucky to have eachother!! So lucky!! Wish we all lived closer and could share even more in eachothers excitement!! Can't wait till we all get to meet!! Yay!
I was so disappointed n the pack n plays!! I registered for a random brand one.. But might swich to the elyse!! You will love the stroller system.. We got ours yesterday and love it!

Meagan said...

Good picks lady!! We registered for Dr browns too! I heard they are the best! And we got the Graco pack n play as well. It was hard choosing colors/themes!

The St. John Family said...

I loved at Babies R Us!! I found with Target they had better stuff online so I added things to it that way! Great Pump everyone told me that Medela was the only way to go but sadly I will not be able to breastfeed so I do not need that!

I have been told by many that Dr. Brown's was the only way to go! They are absolutely the best for colic or acid reflux! Avent is the next best, but like my sister she got the avent and then had to go out and by the Dr. Browns later so I decided to just start out with them! If you have a steam feature on your dishwasher you can get the Dr. Brown's basket and put them all in there! The way to go! I think the hassle of the parts is way better than a fussy baby! Me and my hubby both had colic as babies so I am already assuming this little one is going to as well!

My Neighbor at Ft. Bragg had the Chicco stroller and loves everything about it! I personally went with a Graco but that was because I loved it and I love that my infant carrier will sit in the Graco swing that we registered for! If it wasn't for the swing that I love so dearly I would be getting the Peg Perego because I love them and have heard nothing but Wonderful things about them!

I would suggest looking at the Beco Baby Carriers and Ecco baby carriers! You can google them! Ecco gets the best reviews of all of them and all my friends rave about them! I got to go in LA and try on all of them and play with them and those are way, way more comfortable than the Baby Bjorn! I ordered the Beco because I loved that I could choose the fun fabric on it! And the beco and ecco come with newborn inserts so you can put them in the front carrier much earlier than the baby bjorn! Just a little info for you! That was my biggest research project of all the baby stuff!

Great Job on your registry though!

The St. John Family said...

I loved at Babies R Us!! I found with Target they had better stuff online so I added things to it that way! Great Pump everyone told me that Medela was the only way to go but sadly I will not be able to breastfeed so I do not need that!

I have been told by many that Dr. Brown's was the only way to go! They are absolutely the best for colic or acid reflux! Avent is the next best, but like my sister she got the avent and then had to go out and by the Dr. Browns later so I decided to just start out with them! If you have a steam feature on your dishwasher you can get the Dr. Brown's basket and put them all in there! The way to go! I think the hassle of the parts is way better than a fussy baby! Me and my hubby both had colic as babies so I am already assuming this little one is going to as well!

My Neighbor at Ft. Bragg had the Chicco stroller and loves everything about it! I personally went with a Graco but that was because I loved it and I love that my infant carrier will sit in the Graco swing that we registered for! If it wasn't for the swing that I love so dearly I would be getting the Peg Perego because I love them and have heard nothing but Wonderful things about them!

I would suggest looking at the Beco Baby Carriers and Ecco baby carriers! You can google them! Ecco gets the best reviews of all of them and all my friends rave about them! I got to go in LA and try on all of them and play with them and those are way, way more comfortable than the Baby Bjorn! I ordered the Beco because I loved that I could choose the fun fabric on it! And the beco and ecco come with newborn inserts so you can put them in the front carrier much earlier than the baby bjorn! Just a little info for you! That was my biggest research project of all the baby stuff!

Great Job on your registry though!

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

Just was strolling through your blog that I came across today. Congrats on your baby!! Love the bookcase your husband built!

Was going to offer up advice...While we adopted our daughter and she was 7 months when we brought her home from Taiwan(weighing 15 lbs) We used the baby bjourn initially, and while I loved using it and having her close and still being able to get things done....it killed my back and neck! We just switched to the ergo sport, and while it is not as cute as the bjourn(I found a cute cover for mine to make it a soft pink) it is 1000 x's better and more comfortable to use. There is no stress on your back you carry all of the weight on your hips!! I literally threw our bjourn away at the beach(where we bought the ergo) I so wish I would had known about the ergo first!!

I started with the Dr. Brown's and I like them over all....but they leak, so I bought some avent, and they seemed to do the same thing....so 3rd time is a charm, I bought the playtex(bpa free) with the drop in's....they are great and love them. Again wish I had 20 playtex and 3 Dr. Brown's but hey what's a girl to do??

Good luck, Have fun at your upcoming shower, and know that the best is yet to come!!