Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hard workin' man

So my sweet sweet husband worked really hard last night to get Addison's bed and changing table put together! And he did an awesome job! I didn't ever blog about the HELL we went through getting her bed and changing table and I won't bore you with it but let me break it down for you quickly!
Note: We ordered it from a company called Million Dollar Baby but Cymax is the store that actually sells it and then it ships from Million Dollar Baby!
Ok, here we go...

June 8th - My precious mother ordered the bed and changing table for us as a gift to Addison! We got free shipping and no sales tax and we were pumped at the price we got it!

June 9th - It ships. Dream come true right?

June 15th - Delivered to us. One piece on the bed and one piece on the changing table were damaged! I call immediately that night to let them know and get everything resolved and was told new pieces would be shipped within two days ... so I thought!

June 22nd - I call back and was told nothing had been done and that they didn't have all the info they needed from me! IMAGINE THE ANGER!

June 24th - I called everyday until I got someone that would actually do something on the phone!

June 30th - Our replacement parts arrive... and the leg is broken off the bed piece and the changing table piece is brown! ANGRY PHONE CALLS WERE MADE AND EMAILS WERE SENT!

July 2nd - Receive email that the new parts are being shipped again and are on their way! Even get an estimated arrival date for 7/6.

July 6th - NO PARTS!

July 8th - Parts at last! And they aren't broken!! Finally my blood pressure can go back down!

Her bedding was ordered June 29th and arrived July 3rd... now that's good service!

I am keeping her bedding and such a surprise but I will tell you that we went with a light/bright pink, sage/olive green, and yellow scheme! Adam will be building a piece for her room, so that's a secret too for now! But once it's all finished I will share it with you girls! I can't wait!

Here are a few pics of Adam and my furbabies getting to work!


Dansby and Daizy really wanted to help their dad!


Getting a little jealous already that he doesn't get all the attention!!


And then I leave you with this... Adam had to go get a mattress cover/pad for Addison's bed and he knew I REALLY wanted this for her... so he picked it up while he was out! How precious is he?

27 comments:

Gwen said...

I can't wait to see photos of the nursery all finished up. He's doing great as a Daddy already. Think how many Christmas Eve's he'll spend putting Barbie houses together. LOL!!! Love the adorable pink tutu also!!! XOXO

Mrs. Stethoscope said...

I can't wait to see it all when it's done! I love the tutu how cute is that

Chic Runner said...

I can't wait to see the final project! So cute! :) Glad everything worked out in the end even thought it was quite the headache.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I can't wait to see what you put together! Sorry you had such a hard time getting every thing.. Glad it's all there now!

JennyLo said...

Aw Congrats can't wait to see how the nursery turns out! That tutu is adorable!

Lisa said...

First off, I LOVE the name Addison. And, secondly, I am so NOT looking forward to the process of buying and assembling baby furniture. It always seems like such a nightmare!

a H.I.T. said...

How annoying!?!? How cute that he bought the tutu!!

The Pink Chick said...

That tutu is precious! She is going to look so cute in that!

Meagan said...

SOOO CUTE! I Love the tutu!

Erin said...

Can not wait to see the photos!! You are making us wait!!

Kasey said...

Just found your blog and I love it. I have a million dollar baby crib too. Except I didn't have all the drama you did, mine was at the store.

Oh and I LOVE the tutu!!!!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

It sounds like your little one is going to have such a wonderful nursery!! And how sweet of your hubby to pick up the adorable tutu??? Love it!

Tracy's Porch said...

Okay, that is one sweet hubby to come back with a fru fru tutu!

Legally Pink and Green said...

oh my gosh the tutu is adorable. what a great daddy : )

Leslie said...

Thanks for the warning on that company! What terrible service! I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end...sounds like the nursery is going to be amazing!

Erin said...

Can't wait to see the room when its all done! Im sure it is going to be beautiful!

A Walk With The... said...

That husband of yours is so sweet! Look at him getting down to business with that crib! And the tutu...oh my goodness I can't wait to see her in that! :)

The Shabby Princess said...

Her room sounds just perfect!!

Mrs. B said...

Sounds so sweet...and I love the little pink tutu! ADORable!

Tara Gibson said...

cant wait to see the finished product! love the tutu, thats too sweet

Brown Girl said...

Ha ha, they wanted to help until they feel asleep, so cute!

morewineplease said...

I am shocked that it all did not send you in to labor!! WOW!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

i am soo glad everything is finally resolved=)!!! oh the bedding sounds gorgeous! and that little tutu is adorable!

Practically Perfect... said...

That tutu is absolutely freakin' adorable! So sweet!

And what a terrible nightmare experience! Yeesh! Talk about bad customer service.

Miss E said...

How sweet is your husband?! Love it! And the tutu is adorable :)

Lucky in Love said...

Sorry you had such trouble with the furniture! Ick. But it's done now and I simply cannot wait to see the bedding! Perfect colors!

Emily said...

Ah! So cute! Adam is such an amazing hubby!! I have a similar post this week;) we r lucky to have such great men n our lives! Love that he bought Addison that tutu!! Daddys lil girl already!! I love the pups in the pics;)