Friday, August 7, 2009

Really, a babies closet?

Let me preface this post by explaining a few things! I will start off by saying that Addison is the FIRST grandchild for my mother! And the first grandDAUGHTER for Adam's parents! Let me explain our family history briefly. See if you can follow (it might be a challenge)! :)


- Adam's parents are still together after I believe around 35 years. AMAZING!
- He has one sister and she has THREE sons! So his parents have three grandsons!

EASY RIGHT??? Yeah my family, not so much! Here we go!

- My parents were both previously married! But have been married for 28 years now!
- My dad had 3 sons with his first wife!
- My mom had 1 son with her first husband!
- I am the only child from my parents marriage!
- So I have 4 HALF BROTHERS!
- All of which are AT LEAST 12 years older!
- They are: J, 38 (my moms son); K, 39; D, 41; B, 43
- I am not close to any of them but I am the closest to J. We are closest in age and I actually remember him living at home!
- My dad has two grandsons ages 21 and 24. And one granddaughter, 19,
- He also has one great granddaughter!

I tell you all this to make a few points... 1) my family is slightly dysfunctional like most are in some way! 2) I am pretty much an only child. I was raised like one anyway! 3) and out of 5 children between my parents, I am the ONLY GIRL!

What does this tell you???? I was spoiled! Not rotten. But was spoiled. I was taught to appreciate everything I got! And Addison will be the same! She will learn to appreciate everything she is given and she will know that everyday is a blessing! My family wasn't a wealthy family. My mom worked very hard to make sure that I could always have what I wanted. But I knew my limits. I would have never asked for a brand new car when I was 16. I knew better. We weren't rich and I knew that. I was just thankful to be getting a car at all. So I looked for something reasonable along with my parents help! Instead of a newer/trendier car like some of my friends had, I got a 1996 Mazda Protege :) And I loved it!

So why did I tell you this long story (well besides that fact that now you know me better :) )??? Just to say that I am the baby of my parents, I will always be their baby! And this is my mom's first grandchild and she has GONE NUTS FOR HER!! If you don't remember the video check it out! Addison is going to be one blessed child to have four grandparents that love her so along with a mommy and daddy that absolutely adore her!!! But I have to tell you that my mom is beyond ecstatic about her arrival. It's so sweet to see her so excited! I can't wait to see my mom ohhh and ahhhh over her! And because of this crazy EXCITEMENT, she has bought her some of the cutest outfits EVER!

Here is my darling daughter's closet... 9 weeks before her arrival and before EITHER baby shower we are having!

I thought I would share some of my favorite outfits she has so far! Here are just a few things that her Grammy (my mom) has bought her!

46 comments:

Meagan said...

sooooo cute!!! I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE HER IN THOSE CUTE LITTLE OUTFITS!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Addison will be one well dressed little girl. Those clothes are so cute...she will just look precious in them! I want to have a little girl so bad...if that day comes I am sure that I will go crazy buying tons of adorable little dresses. Boys clothes were fun at first but they all look the same and there is only so much you can do with a polo!

Nessa said...

Awww, so sweet!

Lindsay said...

Too sweet! And the closet keeps growing....I actually cried the first time I had to put clothes away in storage bins....I wanted to stuff my little 6 mo. old in those precious tiny outfits as long as I could! :)

* She'll be super cute in all her lil outfits!!

Lindsey said...

Awwww so cute!! I love all of these clothes and I even got a little baby fever from this post!

Tracy's Porch said...

So adorable!!! Isn't it just so fun?

My mom was the same way as your mom - went nuts!

Kasey said...

Isn't it fun getting ready for your baby girl!!!

I didn't know you were an Auburn fan. I am a...well let's just say our teams have the same colors!

kimert said...

Love those outfits! Especially the orange and white polka dot romper! She is going to be one very well dressed little girl! :)

The Dunaway's said...

I know exactly how that is! My mom and I were the same way...and it only gets worse from there! I need to take a picture of Jade's closet..it's beyond ridiculous!! Mom actually bought her something new last night at Target. I don't think she's ever wore the same thing twice to church on Sunday mornings!

Erin said...

I love every single one of thoes outfits. She is going to be so cute!

Rachel said...

What adorable outfits!!! Addison is going to be so loved and will be such a lucky little girl!!!

The Pink Chick said...

What precious outfits! Addison is going to be so cute in all of them!!!

The Shabby Princess said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Spoiling little baby girls with sweet clothing is the way it is meant to be!

Happiness Is... said...

WOW!!!!

She will be one dressed chic!

I love the orange jumper and Auburn stuff - adorable!

Samantha said...

Wow!!! She will be one well-dressed little girl!! Too cute!! Gotta love grandparents:)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

sooo cute and sweet! i loved reading more about you and your fam=)! i love that you are and are going to pass down to little Addison to be thankful for everything, so many aren't, that's so great =)! and i'm glad you have wonderful support!

Heidi said...

Addison is gonna look so cute in all those outfits! She's one lucky little angel! I can't wait to see pics of her in those outfits!

The Browns said...

All of those outfits are so cute! On my moms side of our family, my nannie & papa had 2 girls, their girls had all girls, so I think it will be fun having a boy. But, the clothes aren't as cute & I won't be able to play Barbies!!! Oh well, we can try again someday ;) Haha... I think every girl probably relates to a girl better. But, I'm so excited about having a baby boy. Maybe my sister will have a girl & we will have one of each in our family. We can shop for a boy & a girl!
Have a good weekend!
Bon

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Girl!! Addison has more clothes than I do!!! Now we just need to get rid of that Auburn gear and get her some Dawgs stuff!! =)

Heather said...

Those clothes are too adorable!! My baby closet will be the same way when my first is on the way.

Preppy Little Dress said...

Adorable! My favorite it the dress, the 3rd photo from the bottom! So cute, where did it come from?

Risa said...

I love all those clothes. What will i do if i get a boy when the time comes? ugh :-(

I was spoiled with limits too and am an only child. It was a great way to live.

Legally Pink and Green said...

I cannot even take how cute that is. The little navy & white sailor dress.......ohhhh my goodness!!!!

Addison is going to be SO STYLISH!! :) You are a very lucky woman to have such thoughtful in-laws & parents.

Beth said...

Tooo cute!! I love the white dress with blue swirls. Girls clothes ae so much fun.

Lea Liz said...

There is nothing wrong with being spoiled!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at those cute cute cute clothes!!!!!!!

Mrs. Stethoscope said...

that sweet girl has more clothes then I do

Prissy Southern Prep said...

absolutely precious!! my Mom provides most all of my son's wardrobe. She is obsessed with shopping for him and has been since before he was born!! She just goes nuts!! your little sweet girl is going to be spoiled, and there is NOTHING wrong with that!! =)

Ubah said...

I love that orange polka-dotted thing!!!

Krystyn said...

Wow! Good thing she has a big closet!

My favorite is the orange polka dotted jumper...

(And, anytime your mom accidentally buys something too big, or the wrong season, we have two girls over here, too, haha!)

Mrs. Cup said...

I know you can't wait to see your sweet girl IN those clothes!!!

The St. John Family said...

So Cute!!! I am nervous to actually put my little guys stuff in his closet! It is going to be just as bad! I am having the first boy in a long, long time!

You are going to love the little sweet potatos stuff! Great Brand and so cute. But I have to know who makes the little white dress with periwinkle swirls on it. It is so cute! I love smocked stuff!

The St. John Family said...

So Cute!!! I am nervous to actually put my little guys stuff in his closet! It is going to be just as bad! I am having the first boy in a long, long time!

You are going to love the little sweet potatos stuff! Great Brand and so cute. But I have to know who makes the little white dress with periwinkle swirls on it. It is so cute! I love smocked stuff!

In this wonderful life... said...

what a LUCKY girl :) can't wait to see her in all these sweet clothes!!

Tara Gibson said...

so so so so cute!!!

SassyEngineer said...

Don't worry, I know my babies will have tons of clothes too :) I love the little swimsuit!

Living and Loving In L.A. said...

So cute! How fun to have a baby closet filled with little darling dresses! You must be having a blast putting it all together!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

sweet baby girl! i love the auburn outfit!!!

The Browns said...

Thanks Lynds & your little girl is going to be gorgeous just like her mommy!

Bon

Emily said...

Omg!! So presh!! I love the cheerleading outfit! She is going to be such a Lil cutie! Just like her momma!! Can't wait to c her in all of the outfits! So presh!!!muah!

a H.I.T. said...

She has some of the cutest clothes! I love RL for babies. Too cute. Husby is an only child and his mom will pretty much be the same way :)

sarah said...

This is too funny!

Kappa Prep said...

I LOVE all that smocking! You and I are very much alike, I am an only child and the ONLY granddaughter on one side then the one of just two grandchildren on the other!

Gwen said...

I left you a little something over at my blog. :) XOXO

Le Chiquest said...

not sure if there is room in your baby girl's closet but i just read that cynthia rowley has a new baby line at babies'r'us! you should definitely check it out. they have the cutest things to add to the already adorable things the closet is carrying ; )

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

Soome seriously cute outfits there! I kept thinking that one was my favorite but then I'd scroll down and see the next one. She's going to be the best dressed girl around!

And I know what you mean by being spoiled! I'm the first girl in my family to be pregnant and my mom is so excited that she's flying up here tomorrow just so she can go with us to our "big" ultrasound on Monday - the one where we find out the sex of the baby. I have to confess, especially after seeing these adorable outfits, that I hope it's a girl. :)

Yamin said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Lucy

http://toddlergirls.net