Friday, September 25, 2009

Last Day

Today is my last day of work until I go on maternity leave!! I am super excited but kind of nervous at the same time. That means, I truly am about to be a mom :) WOW! Amazing! There's a lot of anxiety that goes with that!! But I have full faith in God and I know He will take great care of me and Addison and we will be well cared for! I am so thankful for His mercy and many blessings in my life and through this pregnancy!! I couldn't have gotten through the last 9 months without His guidance!

So... What do I plan to do over the next couple of weeks before her arrival?? Well, besides lots of doctor appointments I plan to wash bottles, wash clothes, clean house, rest, sleep, relax (as much as possible) and get ready for the arrival of my precious sweet Addison Leigh! (Did I mention CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN???) Nesting much?

I had a doctor's appointment today and because of another jump in weight he took more blood to do more labs! I think he is really concerned about Preclampsia but I have no symptoms except swelling and weight gain and HELLO, don't ALL pregnant women gain weight and swell?? :) My blood pressure has literally been perfect since I got pregnant! The scale is an old school sliding scale and I am so serious, it's CRAP! I am not revealing how much weight I have gained just yet!! I promise to do so once she's here and I have slimmed down some! For now, I want to keep that to myself! But I am very open about my weight and weight loss/gain so I promise to talk more openly about that soon!

I want to personally thank each and every one of you for your support through this pregnancy! Your sweet comments and encouragement have meant the world to me. It seriously makes my day! I am very blessed to have such a great group of friends through this blog and I am grateful for each of you! I don't know how much I will be blogging as numb fingers are not fun to type with :) But I promise to update on my pregnancy status and everything via Twitter. So if you aren't following me, you can do so on the sidebar of my blog!

And know I am reading blogs, but I know I have been slacking on commenting! I will be back in full force hopefully next week on commenting!

I am sure I will post again before her arrival but if not, thank you for your thoughts and sweet prayers!! Love u all!

33 comments:

Mrs.LifeAccounts said...

Oh how exciting! You will be in my thoughts and prayers the next couple of weeks, hope everything goes well and smoothly! Good luck getting everything done!

Suburban Princess said...

Enjoy your time off!
I gained 50+ lbs when I was pregnant so anything less looks like a diet to me lol!

Sarah said...

I just found out yesterday I am having a baby girl!! So exciting! Good luck in the next couple of weeks and delivery!!!!

Tracy's Porch said...

Enjoy the precious time before Addison's arrival! I was lucky to have two weeks from my last day of work until Ashley was born and it was so nice. I hope you will get the relaxion you need before all the excitememnt really begins :-)

I can't wait to hear updates and finally see that precious one.

Lucky in Love said...

I'm sending lots of prayers your way during your final weeks (or days!) I can't wait to "meet" little Addison!! So happy for you :)

Gwen said...

I'm so excited for you to get to start your maternity leave!!! I'm sending tons of prayers your way!!! I can't wait to see photos of sweet Miss Addison and have you join the Fit Train again. Lord knows you'll kick my butt into full gear every week. Love you both tons!!! XOXO

Lindsey said...

How exciting! I will def be thinking and praying for you and sweet Addison these last few weeks!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Praying for you and Addison, lady! So excited for you!

Brown Girl said...

How fun and exciting, take care and get lots of rest!!

Chic Runner said...

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers girl! :) You will be the most awesome mom and I can't wait for Addison to come! :) YAY!

zentmrs said...

Best of luck to you!! We can't wait to meet your sweet little one!

The Shabby Princess said...

Ahhh!! So exciting. Try not to get stressed about getting ready for her arrival. It will all get done, and it will be perfect. No matter what.

Hugs to you my sweet friend!

a H.I.T. said...

Wishing you all the best as you move into this exciting time. It's all really happening now, isn't it? Must be surreal.

Mrs Barker said...

Enjoy the start of your maternity leave and get as much rest and relaxation as you can handle :) Best of luck with the delivery! Can't wait to hear how everything turns out!

Sassy and Classy Southern Mrs. said...

Girl, do not worry about the weight gain...I am right there with you! I feel huge! I just keep telling myself it will all come off after he's here and it's for a good reason so he'll be healthy. I'd love to hear your tips and thoughts after she arrives about what you are doing to lose the weight gained during pregnancy. You always look perfect!

Paige said...

So glad you are on the countdown- so exciting!! I am sure your doctor has told you, but if you start to notice you have headaches, are peeing less or have upper abdominal pain call right away! You can never be too careful!! I have been reading your blog for a while and has so enjoyed it- I would love to send addison a suprise!! if you are comfortable with that send me your mailing address!! Can't wait to see pics!!

Happy Dash said...

Enjoy your time nesting! She'll be here before you know it :) I'll keep you in my prayers the next few weeks!

Elle Squared said...

Gal, don't worry too much about the weight gain. Remember that a) Addison weighs part of that (you are SHARING your weights right now), b) water weight attributes for a lot of it and c) it is normal to lose 15-20lbs before you EVEN LEAVE THE HOSPITAL! It will all even out... promise!

Relax, enjoy your time before she gets here and if we don't hear from you... GOOD LUCK! (And take lots of photos!)

OH!! And because I forgot to do this I always remind new moms... bring pretty paper to have the hospital do a copy of her footprints on. (They don't usually give you a copy anymore.) We forgot with the Bug and I had to bribe a nurse with Starbucks to get her to redo it a couple days later. :(

short southern momma said...

So excited for you!!! Don't you worry about the weight, when I was prego with Macy I gained 45 pounds!!! {which is a super lot for a 5ft gal who started the pregnancy at 90 pounds--haha}I can't wait to see the little Addison! xoxo

Stephany said...

you are awesome! congrats for u and your family. Cant wait to see babe A. Keep ur head up...and us posted!

xoxo
S

Yocumotion said...

yay! she is almost here!!! i will be praying for you!

Meagan said...

You know I will be praying for you! I'm so excited for you!!

SLJ said...

Hope you are enjoying your first day of maternity leave... good luck with everything!

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

Congrats again to you - I'm so excited for your little arrival and can't wait to hear about the big day! Enjoy these last few days/weeks of getting ready and "nesting". :)

Anne said...

Thinking of you! Hoping everything is going beautifully and that you're closer to meeting your little girl every minute. I'm on bed rest for b.p. issues and totally feel you on the weight gain/swelling - neither are fun or (hello, doc!) optional. Take it easy on yourself this week and enjoy getting ready to meet her!

Rachel said...

I hope your first day on maternity leave was a great one! Enjoy these last few days before she gets here!

Mojito Maven said...

Lynds!!!!! it's so close!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH

I am so so so excited for you friend and to meet little Addison!!

Hugs and Kisses

MM

Paige said...

I gave your blog an award! Check it out at www.jarodandpaige.blogspot.com and follow along!!

you are the light of the world said...

hi,
god will be with you and my sister also nine month pregnant.

you are the light of the world said...

hi,
Similar interests, mutual respect and strong attachment with each other are what friends share between each other. These are just the general traits of a friendship.
To experience what is friendship, one must have true friends, who are indeed rare treasure.

I have added you to my blogroll, hope you can do the same thing for me so that we can have constant communication.

bagfashionista said...

good luck!!! and don't worry about the weight gain, esp if you plan on b/feeding. I lost all my pregnancy weight plus some until I stopped nursing - now i'm back to my normal weight (albeit the proportions are a little different...but nothing that some exercising won't fix)

Sus said...

Hope you are doing well-I'm assuming from lack of posts, maybe something is happening!?!?!? :D Let us know sweetie!

luckeelady said...

I had the whole numbness and carpal tunnel from pregnancy too... the wrist splints helped to reduce pain and numbness if worn while sleeping but I delivered 9 days ago and the swelling is gone but I have yet to regain the feeling in my fingers... I'm still praying it comes back but I'm not sure it will... good luck with your hands.