Monday, September 14, 2009

Push & Birthday Present

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I certainly did! I spent all day Saturday getting out and organizing my winter clothes! It was fun. To me, it's always like shopping all over again. The things I bought at the end of last winter have been in huge Tupperware bins all summer and I completely forgot about them! That took me about 6 hours to do! It was rough, especially being 9 months pregnant!

YEP, I said it... 9 MONTHS PREGNANT!!!


Yeah, holy cow! But I am so glad to be in the home stretch. The pain and discomfort has really set in and is taking a toll on me. Sitting at a desk all day is getting pretty rough but I am suffering through for 3 more weeks then my maternity leave will begin October 5 unless Addison graces us with her presence before then! We shall see!


Speaking of 9 months pregnant... guess what I got a week ago (shame on my for just now blogging about it). I got this...





It was waiting on me last Friday when I got home from work but my husband was no where to be found. The note said to open it, so I tore into that thing like I was a 5 year old kid at a birthday party! And inside I found...


Yes, that's right, a Canon Rebel XS! And I am in love. This thing is amazing. Of course I am still learning to use it, but the camera and picture quality is outstanding!! Pics from it to come later this week! :) My husband really went above and beyond!! He is the most wonderful husband in the world. He has taken such good care of me this pregnancy and literally waited on me hand and foot. He is the best and I can't wait to sit back and watch him be a dad. (and of course capture it all with this awesome camera!!)

And speaking of presents... my birthday is Sunday :) WOOT WOOT! We went to Alabama Sunday to celebrate my bday (9/20) and my brother's bday (9/16) at my parents!! It was so fun! Nothing like a 27 (soon to be) lady and a 39 (soon to be) man playing pin the tail on the donkey :) Even my 81 year old grandmother got in on the fun! I did TERRIBLE. I pinned the tail to the left of his face!! It was bad but hysterical!

My precious mom and dad who have been nothing short of OUTFREAKINGSTANDING during my entire pregnancy got me a wonderful present that I was hoping to have before Addison's arrival. I have been saying I really wanted to get a video camera. Nothing fancy but I want one to capture moments that pictures just can't! Well, my mom out did herself, I was thrilled to receive this...



It's a Kodak Zi6 Pocket Video Camera. It's literally the size of Adam's blackberry and it's even lighter! I love it. It's all charged up and ready to capture some video :) It holds 200 hours of video and I can't wait to catch Addison being silly :)

So I thought I would show off and brag a little :) Forgive me! But I am dang excited about my new electronics :)

34 comments:

for the love said...

What wonderful presents! I'd love to hear how you like the pocket video camera after you get a chance to try it out. My husband and I are looking into getting a video camera and I've never seen one so small. That would be so convenient! Enjoy your gifts and your last few weeks of pregnancy.

The Pink Chick said...

Happy Early Birthday! I love your new camera and your new video camera! It is hard to believe it is already time for sweet little Addison to be here! How exciting!!!!

Beth said...

Yay for a camera! I have never heard of that video camera. I am going to look into those!

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

those are awesome presents! i want a camera like that so bad... maybe one day!

enjoy your last few weeks of pregnancy.. can't wait to see pictures of little Addison from the new camera!

B.E.A said...

Happy birthday! It looks like you had a great day! I love the camera-I bet it will be perfect with a new little one!

Mary Michal said...

Happy Birthday!! I can't wait to see all of the pictures you take with your new camera.

Mrs. Newlywed said...

How awesome!

We [and by we I mean Mr. Newlywed] have a Rebel, and it is AMAZING. It takes the best pictures ever. We've acquired a lot of lenses too if you ever need info on any of those.

I have never seen that Kodak camera, but it looks so great! Let us know how it works!

Congrats on 9 months!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Happy Early Birthday!! And what awesome gifts!! I'm seriously drooling! Now you have everything you need for that little sweetie to get here! I'm so excited for you!!!

Leslie said...

We have the same birthday!

Suburban Princess said...

Nice presents!

I didnt realise pregnancy was 10 months!

Ashley said...

YAY for being 9 months preggers! I remember that day oh so clearly! It was so exciting! And I felt cheated too because pregnancy is 10 months and you think you only have to go 9- to have 1 more month! ARG!!! But it's so much fun, I love EVERY second of being pregnant!

Love the camera! ;)

southern daze said...

I have the same camera and LOVE it! Can't wait to see all the adorable moments you catch with it. Congrats and Happy (almost) Birthday :-)

Dollface said...

happy 9 months!! and great gifts... that camera looks amazing!! let me know how good it is, xxxooo

Lindsey said...

What amazing gifts!!!! Love it!

Newlywed Next Door said...

What cool presents! I've seen lots of bloggers with Cannon Rebels. Very cool.

I've never seen that little video camera, but I love it. How fun asn easy!

So excited that you're so close!

Sarah said...

hat great gifts, your husband did a great job.. can't wait to see the pics you take with it:-)

short southern momma said...

I LOVE the camera! {heehee} Sounds like you had an awesome birthday! Glad you had such a good one and I cant wait to see your pictures! Hope you have an awesome week and HaPpY bIrThDaY! = )

Brown Girl said...

Oh I'm so jealous, what an awesome husband!!! Can't wait to see little Addison, so exciting!

Gwen said...

What wonderful presents!!! Both Daddy and Grandma & Grandpa did fabulous!!! We're going to get to see great photos of beautiful Addison and maybe even a quick video or two (wink, wink). XOXO

christi said...

you are going to get so much use out of those! and wow time has flown!! happy 9 months and happy birthday!

writing4612 said...

What a great present!

Elle Squared said...

Happy Early Birthday!!!

I've never seen that video camera before... too cool!

The Browns said...

Those are such nice gifts! I want to get a fancy camera SO bad, but I don't know what I'm going to be able to afford after this whole house process! Can't wait to see pics of your beautiful Addison!
<3 Bon

Jorden and Kristin said...

just came across your blog and i love it!

what a sweet husband! that is an amazing gift!! congrats on being at the home stretch!!! :)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

awe, what a sweet hubby!

Miss E said...

So sweet! I can't wait to see all the pics and videos that you'll take of your sweet girl when she gets here! And happy early birthday! xoxo

Chic Runner said...

Almost your birthday and so exciting for the gifts! I'm so freaking jealous of that camera seriously :) Hope you enjoy it. I can't wait for her to come out and see everyone!!

Happiness Is... said...

Great presents! You will have so much fun with both of those once Addison gets here!

Sassy and Classy Southern Mrs. said...

What awesome gifts you received! We have that same camera and it's magical! You'll love it even more when Addison gets here. 27 days to go...WOW! :)

b. said...

congrats on your little blessing!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

9 months. So soon!!!

Love your Rebel and your video camera! You're going to use them both so so much! Now you just have to push!!!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Happy Birthday on Sunday!!! yay for those awesome presents (I've had a post ready to go about cameras, ha, this week=)) You will get soo much use out of both of those=)! Where's a pic of your super cute preggy self??

Texan Couture said...

Yay you got the push gift you wanted congrats!

Kappa Prep said...

I was just thinking about you and your due date last night. I could not remember if it was at the end of this month or in October, you are getting so close Lindsay! What great family you have to shower you with such wonderful (and deserved!) gifts for your birthday and the push!