Saturday, October 3, 2009

Baby and Me Update

Hello ladies and GOOD SATURDAY MORNING! I don't know that I have ever blogged on Saturday :) But I am here and I wanted to give you some updates and some BIG NEWS!

Let me start with my appointment that I had on Tuesday. Adam couldn't go so my mom went with me because... well... those exams are not to be tackled alone! Once he examined me he said I had thinned a little more but wasn't dilated more so he wanted to see me again Friday! But he asked me if I would like to be induced on Monday Oct 5th? WHAT?????? Induced?? at 39 weeks 1 day??? Where's my husband? Why isn't he here for this?? I am sooo indecisive I can't make this decision alone! HELLO, isn't HE my Dr! I want him to decide. So I asked him what he would do if this were his wife and he said INDUCE! So ok, decision made! Let's induce! HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I left a little disappointed because Adam wasn't there to hear all that and help me make a decision! Plus I wasn't thinned much more and I needed to be! When they induce if you aren't thinned enough you have a 50% higher chance of c-section! Which I am not totally opposed to but I don't want one at the same time if it can be avoided!

Friday appointment: Adam was there :) WHEW! He had lots of questions! I had another exam that I was DREADING but really hoping for good news... and we GOT GOOD NEWS! I am almost dilated to a 3 and almost completely effaced. He said he felt VERY GOOD about inducing now! WHEW! (and breathe)! I was going to be so torn if I hadn't thinned more! So guess what ladies... I will be induced,

Monday, October 5th at 5:30 AM!

I will get to meet my sweet girl that I have longed to meet now for 39 weeks! My Dr said to expect her arrival around 5-8 pm! I promise to keep you all updated via Twitter and through texts (those of you I have your #)! And I will blog about the journey as soon as we get home and get all settled! I can't wait to show you my beautiful daughter!! I would be lying if I said I wasn't freaked out and excited and anxious and thrilled all at once! We are over the moon and just praying that everything goes perfect and we have a healthy baby girl!! We know it's in God's hands and God is good and sovereign and we know that He will take care of us all!

Please keep us in your prayers and say a prayer for me Monday morning (although I realize most of you won't be up at 5:30-just say a quick one when you get up)! :) Thank you all for your sweet comments and support through this journey!! Come Monday, I will have a whole new journey to share with you!!

Have a great weekend ladies! HUGS!

And here is my 38 week picture!! You can tell, she's ready! (and so am I)! :)

55 comments:

Jesslee said...

I am so excited for you and your hubby. I can't wait to see your little beauty once she gets here. Best Wishes on a fast and easy delivery.

Amie said...

One last pic of that beautiful belly-- that's my fix for the week! HA!
I am so excited for you guys!! I can't even imagine how much joy you're feeling knowing that your baby will arrive in 2 short days! I will definitely be praying for you, but I just know that you will do so good Lyndsey! Enjoy these last couple of days of being pregnant!

Suburban Princess said...

Why does the dr want to induce?
Good luck! Cant wait to see pics ogf your baby!

Little Miss Diva said...

Wishing you all the best for a great delivery! Can't wait to see pics of your beautiful baby girl. :)

Muffy said...

OMG!!!!! SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!

Kora Bruce said...

OH This gave me chills. How silly but true!

Congrats and you and your family will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers

Paige said...

So exciting! I will be praying for you on Sunday night. HA! I won't be up that early on Monday (that is unless the bathroom calls which is very likely!)

Mrs Barker said...

Congratulations to you and your husband! Wishing you the best of luck!

Happy Dash said...

Yay! Hope all goes smoothly and I'll keep you in my prayers this weekend, especially on Monday!! Can't wait to "meet" your little girl :)

Petunia said...

What exciting news!! I will definitely keep you and your sweet baby in my prayers for a quick and safe delivery and a healthy baby! And of course I'll be checking Twitter for your updates. :)

d.a.r. said...

Sooo exciting!!!!

Lucky in Love said...

That is fantastic!! I will definitely continue to follow you on Twitter and track your progress!! Sending lots of prayers your way :) Good luck!

Happiness Is... said...

Yeah - so exciting!

pammycakes said...

So excited for you! Good luck! I will keep you in my prayers!

Life of a Savannah Wife said...

Wow, time sure does fly! I will definitely say prayers for you and the little one! Congrats again and I can't wait to see pics!!!

Leslie said...

YAY!!!! So exciting!

Jessica said...

I can only imagine how excited you two and your families must be!! It's almost time! I'll be thinking about you and praying for everyone. Can't waiitttt to see some pics of this precious little babe!

Anne said...

We'll be at the dr's office on Monday AM and I'll definitely be praying for y'all. I know it'll go beautifully - can't wait for updates!

Cee said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see your little girl...good luck with the delivery!

Brunch at Saks said...

Praying, praying, praying for you, your hubby, and sweet little baby girl! Can't wait to hear how it all goes! XOXOXO :)

Sus said...

Oh sweetie, I am sooooo excited for you! I will pray that all goes well and you have the L&D you dream of! Yay!!! God will do great things! Love ya!

short southern momma said...

oh my gosh! I am so excited you all!! I will for sure be thinking about and praying for y'all Monday. Cant wait to see the precious little Addison! XO

Lindsey Conrad - Nabors said...

Just found your blog and wanted to say congratulations and god luck! You are so cute preggers!!

I pray that you and your baby will have a safe quick delivery!!

Erin said...

So exciting! Best of luck and enjoy bringing your little sweet pea into the world!

Sarah said...

I aexcited for you guys, only one day left and you get to meet her howexciting, I have been praying for you but will continue to do so over the course of the day tomorrow. Please update as soon as you can.

A Walk With The... said...

lynds, I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed sharing this experience with you over the past nine months. You are going to finally meet you beautiful Addison and words can't express how happy I am for you!! I will be praying all day for you Monday!!
i love you!!

Risa said...

So exciting! I don't know about you but I feel like this baby journey has gone by so fast. Best of luck and congratulations!

Tracy's Porch said...

So excited for you and can't wait for updates and to see pix of that precious little girl!

Tara Gibson said...

ahhhhhh thats tmrw! omg omg so excited for you!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

How exciting!! I'll definitely say a prayer for you on Monday! Good luck with everything! Can't wait to see pictures!!

Surrounded By Boys said...

Well I will almost certainly be up at 5:30am tomorrow (my 2 week old baby thinks that's a GREAT time to wake me up!) so I will definitely say a prayer for you! What an exciting and somewhat scary time for you guys, but I'm sure all will go well! After tomorrow, your life will never be the same! :)

The Pink Chick said...

I am so excited! Sending well wishes and prayers your way! I know you can't wait to meet your sweet little girl!

Sassy and Classy Southern Mrs. said...

That's great news! I can't wait to see pictures and hear about how everything goes! I'll say a little prayer for you!

Mary Michal said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you and your growing family. I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful little girl.

KrissyBo. said...

Good luck tomorrow morning! I will say a prayer for you all tonight and will be thinking about you and checking twitter tomorrow. :) This will be an amazing day and experience for you and your family and I wish you all the best!

Meagan said...

I'm going to be praying at 1 am and 3 am, because thats what time rowan will be up! ha ha.

Woman, I am so dang excited for you! You will do awesome!!!!!

Elle Squared said...

CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK SWEETIE!!! :)

Jan @ Struck by Serendipity said...

That's exciting! I'm praying for you and your daughter today.

Legally Fabulous said...

YAY! So excited for you. Cannot wait to see pics of the sweet baby girl!

It Is Everlasting said...

Oh congratulations to you and your sweet girl (I can't wait to "meet" her)!! She will have an amazing birthday and I feel so lucky that we'll share October 5th! 10/5 girls are the BEST! :)

Lindsey said...

SO excited for you! Praying for you sweet friend!!

The Future Mrs. Etten said...

Yay! So excited for you and hubs!!! Can't wait to see pics of your beautiful baby! Cheers =)

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

So excited for you both - can't wait to hear the good news!

Nani said...

I am obviously reading this late, but I hope you are doing great!!!!! Can't wait to your little one :) :)

The Shabby Princess said...

Ahhh!! So, you're probably in labor right now.

I'm so excited for you my dear. I'm praying for a safe delivery and I can't wait to 'meet' your sweet daughter.

xoxox
love you!!!

Lyndsy said...

Congratulations! I hope everything goes smoothly! You look amazing for being so close to giving birth! Looking forward to pics of the babies arrival!

Angeline said...

whoa mama! I hope you lil angel is in your arms soon!! god bless u!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I found your blog through Sarah and had to hop on over and wish ya luck!!!

cMe said...

Wow - I just found your blog. I can't believe I found it just as you are probably going to slow down on posting. = ) Good luck and best wishes for you and the baby (I am sure she is here by now!).

A Southern Accent said...

Yeah - that's awesome! I was induced - but I was two weeks late, so you are soo lucky! Good luck!

Ashley said...

i just became a follower!! Congrats to you and your family!

Tiffany and Chris said...

I always peek on your blog, but never comment! Congrats - I'm sure addison is here by now!

globetrottingbride said...

So excited for you!!! I'm 38 weeks today! Can't wait to see the photos!

Just Me said...

Cant wait to see pics of you and your beautiful new baby girl!! Congratulations!!

writing4612 said...

Can't wait to see how adorable she is! I know everything will go great.