I have MUCH to share this week and I promise to do so!! I have been slacking on my blogging I know!! But I will be back in the swing this week :)
Monday, August 31, 2009
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
It's been a week since I have posted. That's weird for me! I didn't even realize it! I had a very busy week last week at work and then Wednesday and Thursday I was out of the office and Friday I took off to spend the day with my mom! Adam was at a wedding in Wisconsin!! We missed him DEARLY and are so glad he's home!
Fall is coming... I can feel it in the air... I can smell it... And I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here are just a few reasons...
- Victoria's Secret Silk & cashmere cardigan sweater -
What are you most looking forward to for fall?
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Well let me start off by telling you what WAS a secret!! We all love those right?
Do any of you remember A Belle and Her Beau?? If you do, you know it's been about 5 months since she last blogged. I get on to her a lot telling her it's time to come back to Blogworld! Well, some of you know but most of you don't probably; she and I work together! And over the past year have become really good friends! We are a lot alike in so many ways, yet different in so many others! We went from strangers, to coworkers to good friends!! And have even forced our husbands to become friends! :) She is helping throw my baby shower here and she is a great friend and I know I can always count on her!
Well since she isn't blogging at the moment... I have okayed it with her to let you all in on a little secret!!
SHE IS HAVING A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!
She is 14 weeks along and couldn't be more excited. I think I am almost as excited as she is! :) It will be great for Addison to have a sweet boy or girl to grow up around and be BFF :)
I won't give away too much about how her pregnancy has gone, etc, just in case she decides to grace up with her presence in Blogworld again soon! I know you all miss her RIGHT??? Take this opportunity to tell her congrats and you miss her! Here is a sweet picture that we took so she could tell her friends she was pregnant! :) Isn't she beautiful??
And here's my 32 week picture. I had a Dr appt this morning and he said everything looked good. I am measuring 33 weeks but that doesn't mean a lot! Just taking things one day at a time and praying my back doesn't break in half!! It's killing me!! ALL THE TIME! Other than that, no complaints! Well, except that here in GA it's HOTT AS HADES! Here's to 8 (or less) more weeks of just me and Adam before we officially welcome our first sweet baby to start our very blessed family! To God be all the glory!
Friday, August 14, 2009
Is anyone familiar with the Beaba Babycook from Williams Sonoma?? The French baby-food maker that has won praise throughout Europe is
There's a video you can watch on the product and it looks so easy, so fresh and so "green!" I think Addison is going to have to have this!! It seems so awesome!! And in the reviews, people PRAISE it! Do any of you have this? Know anything about it? Plan to use it? Have used it?
Here's what they say on the site about it...
finally available to American families. This compact counter top appliance
multitasks as a steamer, blender, warmer and defroster to prepare fresh,
healthy meals for baby. It starts by steam cooking vegetables, fruits, meat
and fish in less than 15 minutes, preserving their vitamins and flavors, then purees or blends them to your desired consistency. You can also use it to quickly reheat
or defrost precooked foods.
The French baby-food maker that has won praise throughout Europe is
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Sunday I had my hometown, AL baby shower! It was so fun and absolutely beautiful!! 8 of my friends got together to throw it for me and they did a spectacular job with decorating, food and gifts!! :)
My mom and I!
My mother in law and sister in law!
Friday, August 7, 2009
Let me preface this post by explaining a few things! I will start off by saying that Addison is the FIRST grandchild for my mother! And the first grandDAUGHTER for Adam's parents! Let me explain our family history briefly. See if you can follow (it might be a challenge)! :)
I thought I would share some of my favorite outfits she has so far! Here are just a few things that her Grammy (my mom) has bought her!
Monday, August 3, 2009
I am assuming that everyone has heard of a push present??? If not you can find the meaning here. I thought long and hard about what I wanted! It seems jewelry is the most popular push gift! I just wasn't sure that is what I particularly wanted. Several things came to mind as I pondered and dreamed ...
Saturday Adam and I attended our birthing class. Let me tell you, this class both EXCITED and SCARED the crap out out of me! Here are a few things I learned...
- Why do epidurals go down and not up???? Um, they actually can go UP and you have to be rushed to the OR and intubated until it wears off. In other words, it numbs your brain!!! HELLO! Scary!
- I will be having an epidural!! FOR SURE! We watched two videos. One of natural childbirth and one with the epidural... I want DRUGS!
- If you breast feed, they recommend you not use ANY bottles for the first 12 weeks so the baby doesn't get "nipple confusion"! WHAT??? I will be using bottles! FOR SURE!
- Now a days, they say do not let your baby sleep in a crib with a bumper. They could smother themselves?? Couldn't they also knock themselves out on the bars?? I was confused!
- Gaining close to 50 lbs isn't abnormal. It's not the best thing, but more women get closer to 50 than the 35 recommended. WHEW!
- They say don't come to the hospital until your contractions are like 3-4 minutes apart. I will be there as soon as I feel the FIRST contraction. I might be waiting forever til they give me a room but I am not hanging out at home and taking the risk of dilating really fast and not being able to get an epidural!
- I have a whole new respect for women that don't get epidurals after watching that video!
- C-sections aren't as bad as I thought they would be, but watching the video scared to POO out of me!
- When the head is crowning they refer to it as the "burning ring of fire!" thank you for drugs :)
- Apparently there is a right and wrong way for a baby to suck on your nipple and if they do it wrong apparently it can be pure HELL for the mother! GREAT! I mean I can't school my baby how to do this right! What do I do so my nipples don't crack and bleed???
- I completely understand why people don't breastfeed these days! You are supposed to breastfeed every TWO hours from the time you START! Apparently that's all you do!
- If you poop on the delivery table, no one will see but the nurse. They put up a curtain of sorts so no one sees it! I don't have a fear of this... I am just quite sure it's gonna happen and after this weekend it's VERY common!
I could go on and on but just know that I learned LOTS that got me very excited. Made the whole thing seem more real and she will be here in 10 short weeks. Could be as few at 6 or 7.
I have a Dr appt Wednesday and we will be hearing the heartbeat! I love that! So I can't wait!
I leave you with my 30 week picture! It is kinda scary how big I am!! I am large and she is too and she lets me know that daily by kicking my ribs so much that they are sore... like someone kicked me, oh yeah they did!