Monday, January 25, 2010

Catch Up, Pics, and Baby Secrets/Info (i.e. conglomeration of randomness)

So I have a touch of "bloggers block" so I thought I would update you gals with some random bits and pieces of things going on in the life of me and my fam & of course, some precious pics of my sweet baby Addison!

- Addison is 17 weeks old today. I CAN NOT believe how big she's gotten.
- She hasn't been to the Dr since she was 8 weeks old so we aren't sure about weight, but best i can tell after pulling the ol' hold her, weight myself, then weigh just me... she weights 16 lbs.
- She is holding her head up better everyday.
- She is "talking" up a storm. Lots of jibber jabber :)
- She's officially out of size 1 diapers and into 2's. We figured this out after she had what her dad and I call "explosive poops!" We made it 16 weeks with no poop on either of us or out of her diaper... then 2 in one week. Conclusion... move on to size 2 diapers :)
- We are still using Pampers Swaddlers but have some Pampers Baby Dry diapers that we got at our showers and I really like them just as well!
- We recently learned that not ALL Pampers Swaddlers have the yellow line that turns blue when they are wet. We are sad about this, but have gotten used to smelling to see if she's dirty!
- She is now taking 5 oz of formula 6 times a day. Her schedule changed once she started going to her sitter, but she adjusted well and is satisfied.
- No cereal yet. Waiting to see what the Dr says at her 4 month appt.
- We use Dr. Brown's bottles and LOVE THEM! We have had no problems with them!
- We have upgraded her to the "Level 2" nipples! She eats SO FAST now.
- We have had no problems with spitting up, until about a week ago. I am worried now!
- She had had a cold for almost a month now, so she will be going to the Dr tomorrow to make sure it's not something else!
- She goes for her 4 month appt & 2nd round of shots the 2nd week of February so that will be fun. It's always fun to see how big she is! :)
- She is wearing 3-6 month clothes and some 6 month depending on the brand. 3 month clothes are pretty much out. Too small now. (she's not even 4 months yet).
- She hasn't rolled over yet. She did the other night but I think it's because I had her propped up on a pillow :)
- She is sleeping in her crib, has been since early Dec.
- Last Monday we began putting her in her crib awake and letting her "cry it out." It worked. She still cries a little but she puts herself to sleep.
- She takes her last feeding at 9:30 pm and we put her in bed about 10 or a little after. She's usually asleep no later than 10:30 pm.
- We had been allowing her to swing herself to sleep in her swing after her 9:30 feeding but i didn't want her to get too used to that.
- Our plan is eventually for her last feeding to be at 9, we are gradually getting there.
- She sleeps from 10:30 (ish) until 7 during the week. I usually have to wake her up to get her dressed and feed her.
- On the weekends she sleeps until 8 or so. So she is sleeping about 9-10 hours a night!
- She is beginning to drool a lot and wants to chew on everything, her favorite thing? Her fingers!
- We are BEYOND blessed with a good baby and I am sooo thankful!
- She hardly ever cries and other than two colds, she hasn't been sick!
- She is not a fussy baby at all!
- I still haven't decided about staying at home or working! I lean toward staying at home, but it's a very scary decision for me! As most of you know, Adam left the decision up to me and I am scared financially! I am the kind of person that thinks and thinks about something and give myself the most awful anxiety over it! Continuing to pray that God will show me what His will for me is!
- Adam and I start a class this Wednesday night at our church called, The Power of a Praying Parent. We will be studying from this book and we are so excited to get started. I have hear wonderful things about this class and book so I can't wait!

And now for some updated pics of Addison. Warning: picture overload :) I realize these are LONG over due but since I got my Canon Rebel, I have been downloading them at home and well, when I am at home, I have NO TIME to be in front of a computer.

This picture is the day of my grandmothers funeral Dec. 7th. This dress was mine. Made by my grandmother that passed away! Addison thankfully got to meet her great-grandmother before she passed. We have pictures that I will cherish forever!

"I do NOT like tummy time MOM"


So over tummy time. See drool... precious!

My sweet chunky monkey legs!

Distracted by Dansby and Daizy I'm sure!


I love my rattle!


Waiting to see my Aunt Jackie and Uncle Jarred!


"Me mad now!" This is her MAD face! She was OVER Bumbo time!


1st time in her Bumbo!


She didn't know what to think about it!


Drool! Who ever thought it could be so cute?


Boppy tummy-time. I don't hate this AS MUCH!


My Barrington Baby Lambie coat :)


This was my gown that I wore my 1st Christmas and Addison barely fits in it :)


My Life Is Good pjs :)



CHEEKS!


"I love to chew on everything!"


Ready for the Auburn bowl game!


Sweet cheeks and laughs!



Christmas time!

31 comments:

Paige said...

love it! thanks for the update! our girls are growing WAY to fast!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

look how cute she is!!! i was just fixing to send you an email about the whole SAHM mom thing and see if you reached a decision.. I'm still debating the whole thing as well. Praying for you girl that things work out just as you'd like them too!

Kari Beth said...

I love that Boppy cover! Where did you get it? Addison is so precious! I'm sure you are having the time of your life!

kimert said...

She is just too cute!!

Melanie said...

She is so cute!! Our babies are about the same age! We also use the Dr.Browns and switched to the #2 nipples and have noticed there is alot more spitting up, I think it is the change?! and drooling oh ya!!

Lindsey said...

Ahh so precious! This post gives me baby fever!!

Mrs.R said...

so precious!!!! :)

Prissy Southern Prep said...

A is such a doll! I love all of her cute little clothes. :) Enjoy every second you can with her, because time flies faster than we can comprehend!

Texan Couture said...

She is so cute drool & all :)

Dollface said...

She is sooo adorable!!! xxxooo

Leslie said...

Precious girl!!! I love that she is getting to wear some of your old baby clothes!

The Shabby Princess said...

So cute!! Praying for you sweet friend about the desicion to work/stay home. I know whatever you do will be right for YOU.

Gwen said...

Girl she is the cutest little baby around!!! I'm so glad for Addison & your Grandmother that they got to meet and how sweet that she was able to wear the dress. Love you both!!! XOXO

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

you do have a good baby! lucky girl! my 1st 3 were dreams...along came #4 and she is giving me the run for my money!
love the pictures! you can never have too many cute baby pics!

Wendy @ A Southern Accent said...

That picture of you is great! She is so cute - I know if I had a girl I would be broke buying all of those adorable clothes! Just keep prayin about the work thing - it will come to you. And I hope she feels better - sometimes colds don't go away in little ones because it's settled into their ears and turned into infections and the doctor will be able to tell. My little guy had tubes when he was little - so I know A LOT about all that!

a H.I.T. said...

She is so absolutely adorable! I love her cheeks. They are super squishable.

Wendy @ A Southern Accent said...

Also - just came across these online, http://www.stayputsocks.com/ - wasn't sure if you'd seen them or not, but I know you were looking for some ideas!

Tracy's Porch said...

precious, precious, precious!

Mrs H said...

Wow, she is just adorable! Thanks for sharing about her life and yours. I hope you find you way out of the blog funk.

Sally said...

Adorable pictures!

Cherry said...

Her MAD face is stinkin adorable!!

The Ross Family said...

LOVE the pictures! She's so cute!!! What a sweetheart!

Ok, fair warning... the 4 month shots were the most painful for Bobby, and also for some of my friends' babes too. Make sure you give her Tylenol 30 minutes beforehand.

Looking forward to more updates.

The Pink Chick said...

Oh I love those sweet chubby cheeks! She is adorable!

Happy Dash said...

love the picture update! her cheeks are just yummy :)

morewineplease said...

Oh dear lord! Can you just fed-ex that child to me? She is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesslee said...

supercute! her pics in your baby dresses are so sweet, how wonderful that your grandmother was able to meet Addison. love all the pictures, she is A-dorable!

Chic Runner said...

She is just adorable! I love her cheeks. Great update and glad to hear everything is going so well! :) <3

Tara Gibson said...

omg she is too cute for words!!!!

WadleyGirl said...

Fluffy, Fashionable, & Famous,
Just wanted to say that I have enjoyed reading your blog and I was pleasantly surprised when I saw you are a huge Auburn fan as well as an Auburn graduate!!!! I am also a huge Auburn fan and a 1988 graduate!! WAR EAGLE!!!!! I am new to the blogging world as far as blogging myself and I am still learning!!! Hopefully I will get the hang of it very soon!! Do you live near Auburn? I live in Valley which is only 20 miles from there!!It is nice to read about some one so close instead of so far away away!!! Your new baby is gorgeous and I know you are loving every minute of your time with hr!!! Enjoy this time because if you blink too fast, they will be grown!! My daughter just started college at Southern Union and is on the Dance Team and my son is in the 10th grade at Valley High School. Seems like just yesterday they were your Addison's age! Again, WAR EAGLE and just let God lead you in making your decision about being a SAHM.
Small Town Girl at Heart
Donna Meadows

Kitty Cat said...

Oh my, I am so jealous to hear that she sleeps like that at night! Is that a solid sleep? Mine wakes throughout the night, although in total he sleeps about 9 or 10 hours.

In this wonderful life... said...

I'm a few posts behind!! These pictures are JUST PRECIOUS!!!! She is SO beautiful!!! :)