Wednesday, January 6, 2010

WWW: Getting Thin in 2010

I am bringing WWW BACK to my blog. Starting today! It's happening. Time to get back on the fit train and stay there!

For those of you new to my blog, Erin @ BlueEyedBride, Mojito Maven @ MakeMineAMojito and I started Weight Watchers Wednesday back in the fall of 2008 (that's INSANE to think about)! Erin found out she was pregnant that same fall and I found out I was pregnant in January of 2009 so WWW kind of got kicked to the curb! But I am here to proclaim: I AM BACK!
I won't go all into my weight gain/loss journey... you can read it here! But lets just say, it's been quite a journey! The key points to remember are...
  1. At my biggest in September 2008, I weighed 164 and wore a size 10.

  2. WWW started and I got on the fit train and lost 25 pounds and weighed 139 and wore a size 6. (see before and after below)

  3. Got pregnant in January 2009

  4. By the time I delivered on October 5, 2009, I had gained 65 pounds! (see picture below)



And now back to the present. Let me briefly explain how I gained 65 pounds! (well besides being pregnant) My doctor wanted me to gain 30-35 pounds. Well, that lasted about 6 months. I did great until I hit week 20. I don't know what happened to me. I started eating and couldn't stop! I also met back up with a familiar face, Mr. Dr. Pepper! He did some of the damage. Between pizza, Mexican, Italian, fast food and candy... and don't forget Dr. Pepper... that 65 lbs was on me in no time! I worked out until around week 24. Then my body ached and I was so tired, I just quit! The combo of my body not working out and eating like crap = FAST WEIGHT GAIN!
Of course the 25 lbs I had just lost right before I got pregnant came back fast. I had been on a strict diet and a crazy workout routine that my body could no longer handle now that I had a baby depending on me to grow and be healthy! I started our slowly getting back on a "normal" eating regimen... and then out of no where, I couldn't stop myself from eating like a cow. I will be honest and say I consumed a large thin crust pizza all by myself one night... ashamed? yes! was it good?? ohhh so good!
So where am I now? I've got good and bad news!

Good news is... I have lost 45 pounds in 13 weeks.

Bad news is... I weight 168 and can't get in my size 10's. (except 3 pair of Gap Trouser pants)

I am NOT ok with that, but I also realize that my hips spread (boy did they with an 8 lb 15 oz baby) and they aren't back to their normal shape (YET!). I am carrying a lot of weight in my hips.

What am I doing to "Get Thin in 2010"??? Six weeks after Addison was born, (and my Dr cleared me) I bolted back to the gym! Started running, lifting weights, classes, whatever I could! I had a wedding to be in January 2. I started eating better, but not great like I did before! The difference between losing weight now and how I did at the end of 2008 is I don't have the time that I did! I used to dedicate 2 hours to the gym at least 5 days a week. I can't do that now. I have a baby at home that I miss more than I can explain. I go to the gym now for an hour 4-5 days a week! I am focusing mainly on cardio and abs and I do lift weights about 2 days a week! My priorities have changed. If I was a SAHM things might be different but I work 8 hours a day, take care of my husband, baby and house (and by that I mean cook, clean and love) :)

These last 20 pounds are going to be the toughest I know! But I am determined to have them off in 4 months MAX! I can do it. I did it before. YES I CAN! We are back to healthy eating in my household, back to the gym and ready for some changes! (Adam may or may not have gained some sympathy weight while I was pregnant!)

I am training for my first 5K, to be followed by a 10K or 2 then a half marathon! Adam and I are doing these together so we have each other to motivate and encourage one another :) And I can be TOUGH!
Here is a picture from the rehearsal dinner from this past weekend, New Year's Day! You can get an idea of the progress I've made, but scroll to the top to see how I will look in 4 months MAX :) I am determined and I am READY! Here's to BEING THIN IN 2010!

50 comments:

Beth said...

You look great!!

Speaking of weight watchers...have you ever had their Chicken Spaghetti? It's sooo good and very easy to make!

I think it's only like 4 1/2 points per serving.

kimert said...

Good luck to you!! I'm a runner, too although you might not think so from looking at me and I hope to start training this year for a half marathon!
Congrats on the baby! She is precious! I can't wait to see WWW updates from you and more about being a mom. :)

Amie said...

You look so freakin good, girl! I am super impressed that you have lost so much weight already!! I am going to have have to tell one of my friends about WWW so we can do it together! Good luck on your runs! {I still think you need to do the one before Mardi Gras!!!}

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

You are gorgeous!! and you can do it! I am with you! I need to get my booty in gear, we're eating healthier again too, but same, not exactly like before, yet! It's hard when you are busy and tired and want someone else (fast food) to cook for you, (and Hubby helps out a ton and cooks too=)). We're going to start running again soon too (although this weather is brutally cold), I can't wait to get a double jogger and get started. You already look amazing, but I from personal experience understand how much better you (I) feel when we are the weight and size we want to be! Thank you for more motivation friend!

Annie said...

You really do look great! And your enthusiasm is such a great motivator for ME! Keep it up, and you'll meet your goal before 4 months.

Have you done a half marathon before? I did my first in November (Seattle Half) and it was such an amazing experience. Totally worth it AND I've already signed up for 2 more before the end of June!

Good luck with your running goals and weight loss goals!

E.B. in Tennessee said...

I'm right there with you...I started back on Weight Watchers this week.
Good luck — I know we can do it!

short southern momma said...

I am so with you on this girl! I think me and coke have the same relationship that you have with Mr. Dr. Pepper. You can do this! Hope your having a great day! xoxo

Megan said...

You look so good already, and you have such a strong drive, I know you are going to hit your goal!! Good for you!

Karah said...

You go girl! You look fabulous by the way!! I can't wait to follow your journey. You motivate me. I lost about 15lbs last year when I was doing a boot camp class and then I slacked off completely once summer hit. I am starting back up though.

The Shabby Princess said...

Honey, you look great! But, I know how important it is for you to feel good about you. I have no doubt that you'll kick that baby weight to the curb in now time.

love you!!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

You go girl! I am back on the ww train as well. I never really got off just stopped entering in my points. It makes a big difference seeing what you eat.

Classy Fab Sarah said...

First of all, you look amazing already!! You have a tiny baby and you're doing a heck of a great job!

And second, YOU GO GIRL!! You can do it!

Dollface said...

You look amaaaaazinnggg!!! I think eating healthy and going to the gym is the key... cant wait to see your progress!! xxxooo

Jessica said...

I admire your determination, but I have to say.. you look GREAT!! I would never believe you delivered a baby 13 weeks ago if you didn't have the pictures to prove it!

Happy Dash said...

You are great inspiration! You look fantastic, but I'm sure you can get the rest of the weight off in 4 months :) I'm back on the train too - I have no excuse for getting off though, but I can't wait for your check ins and weekly motivation!

morewineplease said...

I know you will succeed! Best of luck, but you dont need it!
I need to see more pics of the precious ALM!!!

Ashley Pizarro said...

I think you look fantastic and you are going to look even more fabulous by sticking to your plan! :) I love that you are so dedicated because most people SAY they are going to lose weight and then never do. You are going to be one hot momma in 2010! I can't wait to hear and see pictures of your success! You can do it!! :)

Sarah said...

Like I told you in the e-mail earlier I know you will drop the weight in no time. you did such a good last time so this time should be that much easier. Let me know how your running is going. I have cut my miles back a bit since getting pregnant I'm just so tired i can't do my 10 mile runs anymore, hopefully in T2 my energy will return and I can get back to longer runs. By the way you look amazing in the wedding rehersal piture, and I noticed in that pic you and Pamela Anderson have something in common.. enjoy that!!!!!!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

So I already think you look fantastic and that you've already managed to drop so much!! I have no doubt that you'll get back to where you want to be. Look forward to seeing what you do and then stealing your tips in April!!

pammycakes said...

i think you look great! for heavens sake you just had a baby! hang in there your hard work will pay off! good luck!

Angeline said...

Girl you look GREAT! AMAZING! Incredible after 3 months of having baby Addison! you will reach your goal I know it! Best of luck!

Jackie said...

you can definitely do it :)

Little Miss Diva said...

Girl you look fabulous!! Good luck with your training, you will be great!

Brown Girl said...

You are so beautiful! You can do it! Good Luck!

Susannah said...

You can do it! My goal is to lose 24 pounds by June! That's only four pounds a month-let's hold each other accountable! I do WWW and have only been on it for about 3 months-
Are you tracking? :D It's super hard going to the gym with a new baby, I know! But at least we can control our food since they aren't eating real food yet! :D
xoxo

Patience said...

You can do it and you will do it.

The Browns said...

I've lost 25 of the 35 lbs. I gained in the past 2 weeks after having Jarrett, but I was already overweight when I found out I was pregnant. I need some motivation to lose some weight! I would love to get into the 150-160's & I would be happy :P I've done Weight Watchers before & I like it. I look forward to reading your advice, recipes & following along to see how your doing. Maybe it will motivate me too!

<3 Bon

for the love said...

I can't tell you how impressed I am by your commitment! I'm doing the same thing (WW and running/gym) and I'm finding it hard just trying to balance it with work. I can't imagine adding a baby to the mix. You're an inspiration. I am looking forward to your WWW posts!

Rachel said...

I hear ya! It was hard after I had my baby to lose the weight. Thankfully though, I lost all of it, and 10 pounds! I did it by practically cutting out carbs...portion control was key too!

TexasLauren77 said...

Seriously, girl...you look rockin' for just having had a baby!! But, I'm on board with you... I'm going back on WW after chowing down with reckless abandon over the holidays! :)

Meagan said...

Regardless of the numbers on the scale you look fabulous!!!! I need to start getting back some muscle after this baby!

Mrs. Classic said...

You look so great!! I am excited to follow along with your journey though, so inspiring!

Christy said...

You have done a great job so far!! I too have the last 25 lbs to get off. I'm totally on board with you!

The Ross Family said...

You are beautiful, and will do great! We've been members of a gym for awhile (since I was pregnant) and I've only gone once. Do you put Addison in childcare there, or does your hubby watch her? I am nervous to put Bobby in the nursery, but will probably break down and do it soon. Let me know! :-) Good luck!

Lynsey and Brian said...

You look great!! Good luck and I know you can do it! Can't wait to follow your success along the way.

Ashley said...

You look so great already! I feel you on the Dr Pepper thing, once I found out I was pregnant, my friend Mr. Coke was back in my life! I admire your dedication to still working out so often, I can imagine tht is so hard when you have that precious baby waiting on you! I'm looking forward to your updates!

natalie said...

You look amazing! I am due with a little one on the 20th and have gained quite a bit of weight this time around. I am looking forward to seeing your progress and hope to jump on the WWW bandwagon once this precious baby arrives :)

Chic Runner said...

You forgot to add your running races! :)
<3 I know you will succeed. You are so determined and you already look fab. :) Great job on getting that extra weight off so quickly too. :) YAY!

Gwen said...

Be Thin in 2010 is a great motto!!! You look great and I'm totally on the fit train with you!!! I have 20 pounds to go too so we can definitely do it together!!! XOXO

Becoming me...life in the fab lane said...

You really look awesome already! But I feel you on that last 20 pounds. I lost 37 pounds last year but still want to lose another 28 pounds. I think I need to go back and read your posts from when you first did WWW. I am also aiming to run a couple of 10K races this year for the first time, so I am SO excited to read about your progress! you have TONS of support!

Sassy and Classy Southern Mrs. said...

First- you look fabulous! But I know how you feel, I'm in the same boat as you! After Baby P this is the biggest I have ever been excluding when I was carrying him in my stomach of course. Bye bye baby weight I'm so ready to see it go too!

Tara Gibson said...

first, you look amazing! Second, if anyone cant meet a goal its you! You will be where you want in no time! Third I have a feeling dr pepper may come back into my life when i get preggo too haha

Sonya said...

You look great! Good luck getting to your goal, I'm sure you can do it!

Lucky in Love said...

You look amazing! I cannot believe you have already lost that much weight! I am so looking forward to following your journey and doing one myself!! Good luck!

kanishk said...

d I hope to start training this year for a half marathon!
Congrats on the baby! She is precious!

lise charmel

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

I love love love WW! After 4 kids and TTC another I have seen the pounds come and go! This past summer I did WW and lost 16lbs! I was back to my pre preg w/my 1st baby! woohoo! But sadly i got off the wagon and gained back 6 of the 16lbs! I started WW again this monday and I'm excited! My goal is the 6...plus another 4! Good Luck!!!! can't wait to read about ur goals!

Prissy Southern Prep said...

Honestly, you look great right now! BUT, I believe every person has a weight that they feel the best and sexiest at. For me, that is about 25 pounds thinner than I am right now. So, needless to say I am ecstatic that you are back on the WWW train! You're a huge motivator! I love your honesty about your weight loss journey, you don't make it sound easy...because it isn't! So, here is to all of the hot mama's getting thin in 2010...!

Kitty Cat said...

Who looks after Addison when you're at the gym? That's my dilemma, no one to look after the baby while I go.

Kate said...

I think you look fabulous right now! And I'm sure you can meet your ultimate weight loss goals - go get 'em!

Kylissa said...

Good luck with getting thin in 2010! I'm currently pregnant and hope to be doing the same soon! Love your blog!

I am giving you an award.

Go here to get it.