Thursday, February 18, 2010

All Addison, all the time.

Lack of posting usually = new mom syndrome. But lately it = crazy busy work schedule. I am still busy but it’s slowing down a bit. Whew! So I have a few things to update on. Mostly baby related but some are just random. My mind is working on “get it out fast before you lose it” time! So if this post seems scattered, which I believe most have since October 5th, I am sorry.

Addison’s 4 month appointment was yesterday. It’s always exciting to find out how she has grown in weight and length! I was shocked though to find out she weighs 16 lbs 15 oz. and is 26.5 inches long. She is in the 95th percentile in both areas. What that says is, we have a very big beautiful baby. We commonly refer to her as our sweet “chunky monkey.” I knew a couple of weeks ago when we were around a baby that was 2 months older than her and not quite her size, that Addison was bigger than most 4 month olds but I didn’t think she weighed 17 pounds. My sweet baby is growing like crazy and it makes me sad but excited at the same time. It’s all happening so fast. I can’t believe she’s already 4 (really 4.5) months old! I am so thankful that she is such a good eater and good sleeper. We are just so blessed to have a healthy child and I am reminded of that daily.

We had her 4 month pictures made last Tuesday so be looking for a post with those. You will DIE when you see these pictures! You can really see how much she has grown and how precious she is! The photographer we use is amazing at capturing details! Here's a teaser...

She rolled over from tummy to back twice on Valentine’s Day but hasn’t done it since. After the 2nd time I went to grab the video camera and she was over it by then! I am soooo glad that Adam and I were both there to see it. I often worry about missing her “firsts” but so far we haven’t missed one.

She is eating 2 tablespoons of rice cereal before bed and we will be adding it at breakfast also soon. Our doctor told us that that would be good and that at 5 months we can introduce “1st foods” like vegetables and fruits. I am so excited to introduce her to all of these new things. I desperately want her to be like her father in the eating area. I am the pickiest of the pickiest and I want her daddy’s influence on food to be strong! And I can only hope that she continues to be a good eater.

For Valentine’s Day, Adam and I gave her a Sofie la Girafe. She stinkin’ loves that thing. I thought it would be like several of her other toys and she would just be over it so fast but she ADORES it. It’s so precious. I had toyed with getting her one since my friend Erin, at Blue-Eyed Bride, guaranteed me that it was just amazing. After looking online for one, I was skeptical about paying $23 for a teething toy. And when I caved and got her one, it was worth every bit of the $15 I paid for it on Amazon. I am now convinced that this is the BEST TEETHING TOY EVER.



She has officially grown out of her sleeper gowns (tear) and is sleeping in the “Sleep n” Play” onesies with feet. I like the ones that zip, because it’s easier to change her in. I was so bummed to find out that they didn’t make those gowns for bigger than 0-3 months. She has 1 or 2 that are 0-6 but they are too small too.
She is wearing 6-9 month clothes for the most part. She has some leggings that are 3-6 that she can still wear but they are getting snugger by the day!

She is eating 5.5 ounces of formula 6 times a day. So she’s getting 33 ounces a day. Her pediatrician said that she likes to see her 6 month olds eating 30 ounces a day and cereal or “1st foods” 3 times a day. I asked her if I was overfeeding her and she didn’t seem concerned so we will stay where we are with formula for now.

She is sleeping from 9:30 or 10 pm until 7 am when I wake her to eat before her daddy takes her to her daycare. She has been doing this probably since she was around 2 months or so but for about 6 weeks she woke us up around 2 or 3 am wanting her diaper changed but she would never even open her eyes and sleep through the change. She has now learned to sleep through the wet diapers. I can’t express how blessed I know I am. She is one amazing sleeper and I am beyond thankful.

She is “talking” more and more and it’s the sweetest sound in the world. She just goes on and on and I often wonder “What is she trying to say to me?” ha. We just laugh and laugh at her. She had her first REAL (defined) giggle last week. It was ADORABLE!

I still haven’t made a decision about work. I am continually praying about the decision and have others praying for me as well. I desperately want to make sure I am following God’s will for my life and not just doing what I WANT TO DO. I want to do what is best for my family and I want God to reveal that to me. When a decision is made, don’t worry, I will blog about it ASAP.

I haven’t done a WWW post in, what, like 2 weeks? It’s hard to commit to doing one EVERY WEEK. But I promised to keep you updated so here is my update:
Before baby: 145
Before delivery: 210 (still scare to type that)
Currently: 155
I lost 7 lbs in the two weeks. I was THRILLED with that. I am now trying to weigh every two weeks so that if the loss seems like “more.” I won’t weigh this Friday so I won’t have an update next week. But I am happy to report I am still truckin’ along. Not exercising like I would like, but doing the best I can. My priority is my baby so if I can only go 2 or 3 days a week for 30 minutes, then so be it! I want as much time with my sweet girl and husband as I can get!

Being a working mom proves more challenges every day. Some are funny, some not so funny, some make me cry, some make me laugh, some cause me to almost have an anxiety attack, some keep me grounded but all of them are learning experiences. I have been at this working mom thing for 6 weeks now and it isn’t any easier than it was the day I came back, Jan. 4th. I miss her constantly. I think “wonder what she is doing?” at least 947 times a day. I tear up several times a day. But I am here. I am making it work the best I know how and letting God guide me in this journey of “working mom & wife.”

Well, that does it for today. I am sure I left something off, but, alas, I shall blog again :)
Here's a picture we took Sunday, Valentine's Day, after church! Ignore the poor quality... taken via BB.


27 comments:

Shannon said...

Addison is absolutely adorable! Love her 4 month pic.

Sole Matters said...

I DIE!!!! SHES SO CUTE!!

Gwen said...

What a smile pretty little Addison has!!! Just like her gorgeous mommy!!! I love the teaser pic and can't wait to see more!!!

YAY for getting that weight off. I'm so proud of you!!! I'm at 10 pounds to go now too so we can do it together!!! I think it's great that you know that family comes before the gym. I'm restructuring my routine around Brian & Ellie as we speak. It's hard not going every day but I'll get used to it.

I'm still praying for God's career path for you to become clear. I know it will soon girl. I just know it.

Love you all tons!!! Give Addision big kisses from me. :) XOXO

Leslie said...

What a little sweetheart you have! Love reading all about her growth and your transition as a mom!

Paige said...

our photographer used the same heart for callyn's last photos!! so fun!! our little bit only weighed 11 and a few ounces at her last appt- probably going to have to start supplemening some formula! she is doing some of the same things as Addison- starting rice cereal (once a day for now) and rolling over (a couple of time!) So fun to watch them grow up "together!"

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

The picture is amazing! I can't wait to see more of them!

Yay for the weight loss! You're doing so great. I still have 15 or so to lose, so we'll see how that works out.

Addison is perfect and growing perfectly!! Hudson was 18 lbs at 4 months and I kept asking the doctor, "is that okay?" And she'd just say that he was perfect. They let us know when they're hungry and when they're full.

Now he gets 8 oz (4 scoops) of rice cereal in the morning with a full pack of banana-- 1st foods-- mixed in.

The doctor told us to shoot for at least 32 oz every day-- and when he was staying awake later every night he was getting 36 oz every day. Now that he goes to bed earlier he doesn't get as many bottles, but gets to that 32 oz mark.

She'll eat less formula as she gets older and starts going to bed earlier so she can sleep longer.

I'm praying for your decision. You're smart to take your time making the decision. Love you!!!!

Julie (brown eyed belle) said...

Addison is absolutely beautiful! I love that hat she's wearing in the last picture!

d.a.r. said...

Oh she is just beautiful!!!

Congrats on your weight loss lady, you are doing great!

Dollface said...

omg I melted, so adorable! I love the pic of her on the heart, xxxoo

Sara said...

That picture is adorable!! Love the sweet little hat and bloomers.

Happy Dash said...

Beautiful 4 month pictures!! Glad she loves Sofie :)

Susannah said...

I heart her! She is so presh. And I feel your pain on the posting-it just doesn't happen as much! I am with you on the Sofie toy-my friend swears by it, but I won't pay that much for it=I will try Amazon.

Garrett and Meagan said...

That picture is fabulous! I cant wait to see more!!! ahhh!

Isn't it so crazy how fast our babies are growing?!

sigh....

<3

Anne said...

That "sneak peek" four month picture is TOO MUCH! She's adorable - what a precious girl!

Tara Gibson said...

omg those 4 month pictures are ADORABLE! I wanna see more!!!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I constantly worry about missing my girl's "firsts" when she gets here since I'll be working, but the hubs said something the other day that stuck. He said that the first time he sees it will be her "first" to him. I guess I need to look at it like that or it will just make me crazy to think about!

Love the Valentine's pics. You have one big, BEAUTIFUL baby on your hands!

Tiffany and Chris said...

She is just the sweetest! Good luck on your decision, I will have to make the same one regarding work come August and it is going to be nearly impossible (based on finances).

tammy said...

Your baby lying on a hearty pillow where so precious, she will be a great model someday. Look how she look at the camera, it's just so natural of her. She is fast growing and savor every moment and photos of her because it won't ever happened again.

Cheap Outdoor Fans

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Ah-dorable!! I can't wait to see more pics! and I love hearing all the details :)!

Congrats for lost lbs!! You're doing great! I still have about 8 or 9 pounds left (it's been taking forever for me! I know I could be doing a lot better, but everything is so yummy :) and I agree it is so hard to go to the gym, I really need to get going a little here and there again now that the snow is melting!)

you are doing such a great job Mama!!

WadleyGirl said...

Your new pictures of Addison are adorable!!!! Cant wait to see more!!! As I have stated in several posts to you and in my e-mail, I am also an Auburn graduate and enormous Auburn Football Fan!!!! I feel like we probably live close to each other E-mail me or leave me a post on my new blog - Small Town Girl at Heart. My e-mail is on my blog!!! I know you are beyond busy, but I hope you can drop me a line real soon. Love to talk to fellow Auburn alums!! War Eagle!!! Donna from Small Town Girl At Heart

The Pink Chick said...

Oh my! She is so, so adorable!! I love her pictures!!! She is absolutely beautiful!!

Krystyn said...

She sure is adorable. I just love the Valentine's/4 month picture.

Congrats on your weight loss..that's awesome.

The Baby Cove Lifeguard said...

Love the 4 month picture! Super cute!

And congrats on the weight loss! You're amazing!

Jesslee said...

That teaser pic is adorable!

Congratulations on your weight loss! I am trying to shed some weight I have put on over the last few months and it is just not wanting to come off -it really does get harder with age (oy vey!)

I'm glad to hear you are taking your time making your working decision -it is a big decision.

Courtney Brooke said...

Your daughter is beautiful! I stumbled onto your blog today and really enjoyed it! It looks like you enjoy your share of celebrity gossip and fashion, as do I :) If you get a chance, check out my blog for your daily fill of celeb dirt! brookesbits.blogspot.com

The Shabby Princess said...

Congrats on the weight loss you rockstar! ALM is just a dear and you are such a great mommy! I am in awe of your strength and your faith and hope that when I am blessed to be a mother than I have the foresight that you do. I'm praying for you sister!

Crystal said...

Sweet Picture!! I'm sure the rest are precious too!