Monday, February 1, 2010

WWW: A Picky Perspective

Note: I wrote this post Wednesday (1/27/2010) but then got MAJOR sick and didn't finish the very end. So I am posting it now! Sorry for the delay girls!

48 lbs down... 17 to go! That's right, I lost 4 lbs this week! Super excited about that! I was shocked to see that number, but totally PUMPED!


I am a little bummed about my workouts this week. I had a KILLER workout Monday. But Tuesday, Addison was sick and I was getting sick and today well, I am all out SICK! Ugh! So I won't be able to go to the gym today. Might go tomorrow if I feel better but won't be able to go Friday either! So pretty much best case scenario, I will get two workouts in before my weigh in on Friday!


Oh, and I meant to mention, I weigh on Friday because that gives me Sunday - Thursday to get back on track. I have one cheat meal on Friday and one on Saturday so I always like to weigh after I have had 5 days to detox and workout like a mad woman (well, most weeks anyway).


So this week I promised to give some "picky" recipes that i eat pretty much every week. I don't stray from these things because I don't like many things and hey, they help me lose weight and keep me full!


Let's start with my "Flatbread Pizza" (6 points)


- Take a Light FlatOut Wrap (1 point)
- 1/2 cup of Paul Newman Marinara (1 point)
- 17 Turkey pepperonis (2 points)
- 1/4 cup of 2% mozz. cheese (2 points)
- sliced banana peppers (0 points)
- 1 small roma tomato
- you could always ad any other veggies but that's all I put on mine


Put the wrap in the oven on 350 degrees for 7 minutes. Let it get crispy. Then take it out and add the marinara, cheese, peps ( i precook these in the microwave), banana peppers and tomatoes. Put back in the oven approx 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.


This is SOOOO good and very filling!
Another fave of mine is Veggie Chili and by veggie chili I mean beans and tomatoes.


Veggie Chili (2 points)


1 can of chili beans (4 points)
1 can of diced tomatoes (i always put them in my mini mixer and crush them up) (0 points)
1/2 pack of French's Chili-O mix (0 points)


Mix all ingredients together, add a half cup of water, cook on medium for about 10-12 minutes... TADA! You have two meals that are 2 points each! I always eat 10 Fat Free crackers with it to make it a 4 point meal. It sounds plain but really is good. Sometimes I will add 1/4 cup of 2% cheddar cheese and make it a 6 point meal, depends on how many points i have left for the day :)


Next...

Simple, easy, pasta!


Ronzoni Smart Taste Penne (1 cup cooked) (3 points)
1/2 cup Paul Newman's Marinara (1 point)
2 tbsp of parmeasean cheese

Cook pasta and mix :) You could add any veggie's you wanted but I am not crazy about veggies!

There you go. I will be back next week with WWW! Here's to good eatin' this week ladies!

14 comments:

kimert said...

Way to go, girl!!!

e.n.h. said...

Thanks! I'm uber picky too, so I'm glad to find some yummy/low cal recipes!!!

Domestic Goddess said...

that wrap sounds incredible! way to go on the weight loss! wahoo!!!

Michelle said...

Have you tried spaghetti squash in lieu of pasta? I posted about it http://www.sowonderfulsomarvelous.com/2010/01/i-used-to-be-afraid-of-spaghetti-squash.html

I was so afraid of it, but I even made another batch tonight and had it with marinara... it was awesome. Then you can add cheese if you want and you're still getting a super low point meal. I wish I had tried it earlier!

aLiCia* said...

I just found your blog & now I have to follow! I am a fellow WW and I did really well back in 2008 too! Lost 20 lbs! And now I just to loose 10 and I am struggling! So keep at it girl! Seeing that you lost weight, motivates me :)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Awe, thanks for posting. I actually wrote my post for this week already and can not wait until it goes up!

Lindsey said...

I'm picky too and these recipes look yum! Thanks for sharing friend and congrats on the 4 lbs!!

Tara Gibson said...

yummmy! Thanks for the recipes sweet girl!

Jesslee said...

Way to go, I think you are doing fabulous! Your wrap idea sounds good, I'll have to try it -I've always used a slice a bread (pizza bread).

Kristie said...

Great job.

Blessings,
Kristie

Design A-Peele said...

wow! those are some great recipes!

GamecockQueen said...

I am also not a huge fan of veggies...usually if someone else makes them they are OK, but I don't like going to the trouble of buying them and fixing them. This pizza sounds amazing. I'm trying to shed a few lbs so I will def. try this!!

Nishant said...

that wrap sounds incredible! way to go on the weight loss

Domain registration india

Bonnie said...

I'm trying to start on Weight Watchers again. Do you have anymore recipes like this you can share or e-mail me? I know I just had a baby 3 months ago, but I'm the heaviest I've ever been & I need to get rid of this weight. Any help would be awesome if you have time!

Bon :)

bonniembrown@gmail.com