Monday, March 8, 2010

Fluffy meets Bower Power

Email convo:

Me: I am going to be in Atlanta for work on Thursday. Want to meet for lunch?
Katie: Sure!

Immediately I thought oh great, she thinks I am a stalker/creeper! We exchanged a few more emails and presto, we had plans!! (and WHEW, she didn't think I was a stalker!)

Who, what, when, where, why?????

Sweet, crafty, beautiful, pregnant, ah-mazing, Katie from Bower Power of course! We had a lunch date. In Atlanta at the Raging Burrito! Just because she is awesome and I wanted to meet her. And IT. WAS. FABULOUS.

This was my first blog friend meet up so I was nervous. But those nerves immediately went away when we sat and started chatting!
You know, you have this perception of someone and then you meet then and usually you are either dead on or WAY off. Well, I was dead on! Except for some reason, I expected her to have a southern accent. She does not :) But I am from Alabama and mine is UBER thick!

We had a blast chatting about babies (she's due with sweet Will in April), home renovations, jobs, husbands, thrifting, other bloggers! We laughed! Got free cheese dip! :) She learned that I am an open book, I don't hold anything back. What you see is what you get. I am not modest. I say what I think! She learned about my WEIRD pickiness! And I learned that she is WAY more than just this super awesome "do-it-yourself-er". I learned about her awesome family & boyfriend, her previous job, her involvement at her church. I learned that I am usually referred to as "Fluffy" when she and Sherry at Young House Love speak of me (this cracked me up). I learned she is just so very nice, open and friendly. Genuinely friendly. You don't meet many people like that. I felt instantly comfortable with her. It wasn't awkward at all. Like we had been friends for years and were just catching up! I confided in her about some things and never felt judged. To sum her up: AMAZING! Really, just an awesome person to be around!

We talked of getting together with our boys and hanging out. Seems they might have a lot in common (and Jeremy can teach Adam some things about men's fashion, right Katie?-haha). I am so glad to know that I have made an "in real life" friend in Katie. And she's only an hour or so away! I can't wait to meet sweet Will. You and Jeremy will be wonderful parents and Will is so lucky to be raised in a household with so much love.
You can read her synopsis of our date here :)

If you don't know who this awesome Katie is, check her out at Bower Power. Her blog is one that I have read since I even knew what a blog was. She is an amazing decorator. She and Jeremy have renovated a lot of their home and it's absolutely stunning! One of my most recent loves they have done: Will's accent wall in his room. At least go look at that!

And a funny tidbit (THIS WILL MAKE YOU LAUGH) that I have been meaning to share... as we were leaving, Katie asked a random guy to take our picture, he obliged (see pic above) :) After she and I chatted a few more minutes and went our separate ways... a guy (remember him Katie, the one that walked by us like twice I think he was the one that asked you how pregnant you were???) kept talking to me. Wouldn't leave me along. I only had to walk about 50 yards to my car, but he wouldn't shut up. He was walking like 4 feet behind me. When finally he said, "Hey, you know you kinda look like Kim Kardashian!" At first I was kind of flattered, then I realized he was looking at me from BEHIND! Great! Then he said, "You know who (insert some name) is?" I said, "No!" He said, "That's her boyfriend!" (Note: he didn't say Reggie Bush) "Ahh, ok." And finally he said, "I could be him and you could be Kim." And laughed and just stopped following me. I have never been so happy to get back in a minivan (my rental for the work trip) in my life :) haha THE END!

22 comments:

Dollface said...

Im glad you had such a fun time with a blogger meetup!! Hope you get your bow soon!!! congrats again! xxxooo

Our Poverty with a View said...

Fun! I love Bower Power. It looks like you two had a good time!

Tiffany said...

Oooh - I am so jealous! I would love to meet either of you, haha. Two of my favorite blogs! I agree, Katie has some major talent in the decor dept. Thanks for sharing!

Gwen said...

What a fun lunch date!!! And girl!!! You look FABULOUS!! XOXO

Sole Matters said...

haha I dont think you really look like Kim K. So weird that he followed you too! Where is Raging Burrito? I love some Mexican and I live in Atl!

Leigh said...

That sounds like so much fun! I have never met any one from the internet in real life so I know I would be very nervous. I guess you can call me a chicken.

I am from a small town in Alabama and definitely have an accent. I live in Nashville now and I'm amazed when people say "you're not from here are you," like I'm from another planet or something!

Jenna said...

Oh I wish I was there!!! Looks like you had such a fun time!

GamecockQueen said...

I've got to say from the pic of you, even though you are wearing a winter coat, it looks like the baby weight is falling off!! Your face looks very thin!!

I went out of town this weeknd and hate horribly!!! Cheeseburgers, fries, fried seafood, just awful! This week it's back on track :-D

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

It is so cool meeting bloggers in real life!

The Shabby Princess said...

So glad you got to have a fun blogger meet up! You look so pretty!

Marden Family said...

Fun! I'm in a suburb of Atlanta--I wonder if you and I live near each other?! I have a 10 month old and stress every day about being a working mom- I'm anxious to see what you decide! Just know that whatever you do, Addison will know that she is loved and cared for! :) (I swear I got such a guilt complex when I became a mom!)

Susannah said...

OK, yikes on stalker creepy guy! Ewwwwwwww!!!! And I am JEALOUS that you came to ATL and didn't aske me for lunch! I would have loved to have met-there aren't many of us blogger friends in the ATL area! :D
xoxo

Annabel Manners said...

That is too funny! Glad y'all had a fun lunch!

California Wife said...

So jealous of your IRL blogger meeting, sounds like a great time! The Kim Kardashian thing is too funny for words!

Jesslee said...

sounds like you had a great day (aside from the weird guy)! i love fun blogger meet ups!
i am having my first ever give*away if you're interested in checking it out.

Annie said...

haha, that is too funny!!
so fun that you two pretty ladies got to meet up :)
super cute picture!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

ok first, you look gorgeous! second, SO fun! third, that's going to be us in April!!! ;)

Tara Gibson said...

glad yall had a great time!!

jenn said...

oh how fun!!

i'm a georgia girl...{augusta, ga} born and raised :o)

new to your blog and look forward to following your fab-u-lous life!!!!!

Anne said...

So glad you had fun! I just don't know the first thing about worrying someone will think I'm a stalker. Not the first thing! :)

Jan @ Struck by Serendipity said...

You look great!

I had my first blogger meet up a couple of weeks ago and I was amazed how awesome it was! I hit it off really well with the bloggers as well. So much fun!

amy (metz) walker said...

Fun...the first one is nerve racking! I got sick to my stomach! ha!

By the way, you both are beautiful!