Wednesday, April 28, 2010

BM ATL: Lovely Ladies

Since I shared what God laid on my heart in the last post, I think it's only fitting to show you some pics and tell you about the lovely Christian ladies I met & spent Saturday with!

I have been looking forward to meeting some of these girls for a LONG time. I love their blogs, follow them on Twitter, email, Skype and even have phone chats with some of them! So it was almost like seeing a long lost friend, except I hadn't ever SEEN them before.

The day started off with me getting up at 5 am to make it to our 7:30 breakfast at Cracker Barrel in ATL! I rode with Amy and Lianna to Atlanta and you would have never guessed we hadn't met before. We were like 3 best friends catching up. And it turns out, we all have a lot in common and we might have laughed a time or two (or a thousand)!

Amy and I had lunch recently (I didn't blog about that bc I was still on my hiatus-whoops) and we will have many lunches, dinners, double dates, shopping trips, etc in our future. So thankful God placed her in my path! I had been praying for an "Amy" and there she was. She is absolutely stunningly beautiful and you know what... she has no idea!! She is beautiful inside and out. This woman has a heart for the Lord and after everything she has been through in her past, she looks positively ahead to her future and what God has planned for her... her personality and positive outlook is infectious.

Here's Amy, Lianna and me at breakfast.

Along with these 2 lovely ladies, Saturday morning, we went to breakfast at Cracker Barrel where we met some new friends... fellow bloggers and Twitter friends, Erin, Mrs. NCF , Trina, Megan, Rachel, Natalie, Kim, Jennifer, Rachel, and Kelly. It was WONDERFUL to meet them all and finally put personalities and voices with their faces :)
Here we all are at Cracker Barrel!


Here I am with Erin. I mean, GORGEOUS, YES! She is absolutely a sweetie pie. We have been friends since 2008. We met when we both had some "after marriage weight" issues :) So we started Weight Watchers Wednesday with Mojito Maven! Then we were pregnant together. I leaned on her a lot for advice because Hudson and Addison are exactly 5 months apart so she had been through everything I was going through. She was a HUGE source of strength for me for lots of reasons. And yes ladies, she is as sweet as she appears on her blog.


This is me with the beautiful Natalie.We are recent Twitter friends, but OH, I can tell you I will be making some trips to Atlanta to see this woman! She is a hoot and we are pretty much two peas in a pod I'm afraid! (that could be bad).

And here I am with Natalie and Jennifer. And NO they are not twins! hahaha. Of course they are... and the three of us could prove to be a real problem if we get together. I kid. They are pretty & sweet ladies. They even got ALM a present! Thoughtful ladies.


I was thrilled to get to meet Kelly. She has so much grace and she is such a sweet, beautiful soul.



Here I am with Mrs. NCF. Ladies, I always knew she and I would love each other when we met but we were like 5 year old kids. We linked arms and practically skipped to the bathroom together! She is just so genuinely sweet and such a beautiful lady! A true lady!



During the conference I also met some other sweet ladies... Jenna and Lauren. I sat by Jenna and had some good chat time with Lauren! Glad to call them both new friends :)
Here's Beth during lunch in the overflow room... she was doing a Q & A. During


Here's two group shots. One after the conference was over and the other was at the West Egg Cafe where we ate dinner with Pink Sass. She and I sat together and we were cracking up A LOT! Ignore my greasy/gross look :) It was a rainy day! And well... this girl's hairs frizz!!!!!!!!


Now before I go... it was THIS moment, oh no wait... it was when she called Coke, "Pop," that I realized Megan was NOT a Southerner. To understand the intensity of this... you had to be there! But we had earlier discussed what was considered "south." When we were ordering and she asked "What's a grit?" and she used the word "Pop" I realized NOT HER STATE :) ha! She is such a fun, sweet, beautiful girl!! A real JOY to be around! So refreshing.


Pink Sass, Amy and I enjoying some desserts!! Mmmmmm

It was wonderful to meet them all! Each and every one of them are amazing women and I blessed that blogging brought us all together. It was one AMAZING weekend. One that I really needed! Love you all! XOXO

20 comments:

Sugar & Spice said...

How nice! Looks like you all had a great time!! What a nice event :)

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

tear!! i love you, friend, and i'm so happy i finally got to give you a big hug! can't wait to see the other adventures we get to experience together.

Gwen said...

I've seen photos on the other blogs but I just had to tell you how fabulous you look!!! I'm so jealous of these other ladies that got to hug you this weekend!!! One day I'll have to make a special trip down south just to see you and ALM!!! XOXO

amy (metz) walker said...

The feeling is mutual, sister!

~Kristen~ said...

gorgeous photos ... it looks like y'all certainly made some unforgettable memories!

Happy Dash said...

looks like such a fun time!

Rachel said...

I love the "Pop" story on here :)

I had a blast with you on Saturday! You just made the weekend THAT much better!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

haha! i almost forgot about us linking up and of course laughing along the way! i can't wait to see you again and have all the babies meet!! love you too mama!

Karah said...

ummmm PS You look FABULOUS!!!!!!

Garrett and Meagan said...

Look at you skinny minny!! You are gorgeous. I'm so jealous. I want to hang out! =)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I found your blog through NCF and ya'lls cute bloggy get together!

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness I wish I could have gone! I love Kelly & Jennifer & know them so well! The pics are perfect!

Lindsey said...

I'm so glad you had so much fun! The pics are all adorable!

Tara Gibson said...

love all the pics and so jealous you all got to meet! so much fun!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Looks like so much fun!! Such lovely ladies!

And girl, you look incredible!! Are you sure you just had a baby?!?

Lauren Kelly said...

LOVE your ATL recap. So wish I could have met you at the conference. So glad you were blessed by the whole weekend. It was an amazing one!!!

Rachel H. said...

I just found your blog recently after reading everyone post about their trip to the ATL for the Beth Moore Conference. I live in Athens, GA, and I would have loved to go to the conference, but I had already signed up for a 5K that morning when I found out about it. Anyways, I have family in Columbus, and we are there pretty regularly. I love your blog and reading about your daughter. She is gorgeous! I'm looking forward to continuing to read! :)

sanjeet said...

Look at you skinny minny!!
PPC Advertising India

Movies Gallery 2011 said...

Thanks for the post. I liked it. Keep going I follow you.
Bot and me| Images|