Monday, May 17, 2010

Playdate for Me & Addison

This past Thursday, we had 2 guests come to stay the night with us! We were beyond excited and couldn't wait to HUG both of them. Who was it????

It was Erin and Hudson.

They arrived at about 5:30 pm and the playing began! We let the little ones play and Erin and I chatted like we were long lost friends! Quickly, our sweet chunks dinner & bed times arrived and we fed them and laid them down! I will have to brag on our babies for a second. We fed them and then we put them to bed, never to hear a PEEP until about 7:30 the next morning! We are two blessed mommies, with GREAT eaters and sleepers!

After the little ones were in bed, Amy, came over and we had HOURS of girl talk and ate some seriously yummy pizza (I out ate them both-ha)! It turns out I have more in common with these two girls that I thought! It was amazing to sit and really feel connected with two girls that are in the same walk of life that I'm in. No question I share a special bond with both of them and only wished we all lived in the same town and could see each other more often. Fortunately, Amy only lives 45 minutes away and we have already planned our next two "dates."

After we chatted each others ears off, we finally turned in around 12:30. Poor Amy had to drive home (next time Amy, you slumber) :) The next morning, me, Erin and the babies headed to Fit Lab, Inc. This is Amy's business. Erin was going to be "testing." And I was the babysitter :) If you live in the Atlanta area and want to lose weight... GO SEE AMY! I mean it. You WILL get the weight off. Check out her website to learn more about HOW!

Erin did part 1 of the testing then we hopped on a golf cart to go grab lunch (Amy lives in a golf cart community/city). I failed to get a picture of us all on the "golf cart limo" (as I liked to call it). We decided to eat at this Mexican restaurant. We walked in... it smelled funny... and here is the conversation that took place (get ready to pee your pants):

Me to Erin: "It smells like baby poo in here!"

Erin: "Or big people poo."

We get to the table... and...

Amy: "It smells in here."

Me: "Yeah, like baby poo or as Erin said 'big people poo'"

We are all laughing hysterically at this point... then...

Amy (to the waiter): "Um, we are going to leave, it smells like BATHROOM in here!"

We all walked out in hysterics! I mean I was seriously about to pee my pants... Addison did! :) Ok, maybe you had to be there...but just typing that, I was dying laughing! We finally settled on this Greek place... there we had even more AMAZING conversation! I told them both, my friendship love tank was full after Thursday and Friday! So much laughter and bonding with girlfriends! It was amazing! These girls are so uplifting and precious to me. And I can't wait til we can all get together again! Love you both!

Ok, now let me share some pics of Addison and Hudson's play date! :)

Sweet babies


"HEY!"



"Look Addison... GIRAFFE!"


I think H was teaching ALM to read!


Hudson was a handful. He is a fast little crawler :)



Erin & Amy getting ready for the testing part 2!


20 comments:

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

oh, my! i just DIED laughing at "it smells like bathroom."

love the pictures! and love you!

Krystyn said...

Sounds like a great time.

Those two kiddos look like they had a blast together.

And, ewww....a restaurant that smells like a restroom. Not really appetizing!

A Southern Accent said...

Cute pics! So glad you guys had fun and were able to meet in person! And you guys are lucky to have such great babies.

Lauren Kelly said...

What a sweet time!!! So glad you had so great girl time and that last picture cracks me up and that conversation in the restaurant cracks me up, haha!!! :)

Jesslee said...

Sounds like a great time for you girls! Love the baby pics -so cute!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

look how cute those babies are!! glad you ladies had such a good time!

In this wonderful life... said...

hahaha that is a funny story about the restaurant!

I'm glad you girls had fun and the kiddos are just precious!

ps - I can't figure out why your blog isn't updating on my sidebar :( I'm going to get to the bottom of it!

Amie said...

Glad you had a great time with great friends! I think it is so great that you have really connected with people who you met through blogging!
P.S. I can't believe how big Addison has gotten! Precious!

Happy Dash said...

looks like a great weekend! the babies are just adorable :)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Awe, it is so good to have such great friends!

Anne said...

Y'all are too much! So glad you had fun!

California Wife said...

Hah, too funny about the resturant! What cute pics of the babies!

Susannah said...

That is soooo funny! And gross! I would have lost it too! ALM is getting so big! And Hudson is a chunk of love! They are too cute together! I have GOT to let youknow when I am coming thru LaGrange or you are coming over to Atl-we have to meet for lunch!
xox

Lianna Knight said...

So so fun!! And I seriously almost peed my pants...only because I can SO hear you girls talking...LOL

Preppy Little Dress said...

The monogrammed dress is so cute!!

The Ross Family said...

How fun!

kanishk said...

love the pictures!
post free classified ads

Rachel said...

I think it's fair to say that I'm behind in my blog reading, but that doesn't mean it's too late to comment! Little Hudson and Addison are DARLING! I love these pictures! You and Erin have some cute babies. Miss you friend :)

sanjeet said...

love the pictures!
PPC Advertising India

MLB2k11 said...

Cute babies. I like them. Very interesting blog. You guys are enjoying well.
Formspring Clone| Social Search|