Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Memorial Day Trip to VA

Off to VA we went... a 12 hour drive. Would have been 10 but with a baby, no way NOT to add at least 2 hours.

Thank goodness my precious friend Erin, let us stay with her Wednesday night to break up the trip a little! I have gotten to visit with Erin and her sweet Hudson 3 times now and it's NEVER long enough! She and TC were kind enough to let us crash their house for less than 12 hours. They even fed us some AMAZING Bojangles biscuits!! If you haven't had them. You. Are. Missing. Out.

We headed out for a long haul at about 9:30 am. We were going to visit some good friends in Virginia. Lake Anna to be exact. Can I just stop and just say how beautiful it is there. So peaceful and serene. I couldn't wait for a long weekend of peacefulness with good friends.

Any of you remember, Newlywed Stilettos? She retired her blog, but we have been great friends for almost 2 years now. Regular emails, texts and phone convos have turned this sweet girl into one of my best friends. We were pregnant together and without her (and two other special ladies) I wouldn't have made it through that pregnancy as well. Our children (J and ALM) are even boyfriend/girlfriend! ha

The drive was GREAT. ALM did great, with almost NO fussing. We did have a big blowout on the way (and three coming home)! WOW-that was interesting. Thankfully we have a wonderful little traveling baby!

We arrived at around 6 pm and with BIG HUGS got the weekend started. She had margaritas and Mexican food waiting on us. She knows me too well :)

We spent that evening lounging and chatting. Then we spent the next three days, riding in the boat, enjoying the sun, taking pics of our sweet babes, eating (lots), playing with the kiddos and talking like we wouldn't talk again for years. I think we talked each others ears off... but that's what I had been looking forward to. This vacation EXCEEDED my expectations. It was absolutely wonderful for them to open their family lake house to us, feed us and gift us with their friendship!

We miss them all already. We miss the mean game of Uno, "that's what she/he said moments, confusion over what I was saying (GA talk vs Maryland talk... it's different)... we miss it all! But we know we will see them again SOON! And I can't wait. Until then, these pics will have to do :)

ENJOY!

This picture just cracks me up





Matching outfits-COULD JUST DIE FROM THE CUTENESS

Family photos

Will be used one day at their wedding-haha




ALM rockin' her bikini


Sleeping babies

Cutest piggies


holding hands (this was not staged)






addison kissing Jack's arms :)



LOVES her new sippy cup with a straw



Mommy love
Ready for the lake




Matching plaid babies








23 comments:

A Walk With The... said...

We love you guys!! :) This post made me cry!! Yay for our trip in 2011!

Lauren Kelly said...

What a fun weekend and those pictures are to die for. Soooo sweet!!! :)

Lynsey and Brian said...

How cute are those two?!?! My best friend and I are both pregnant right now... 7 weeks apart. She's having a girl, I'm having a boy and we said that we already have an arranged marriage in the works! These pictures really made me smile!

StylishSuburban said...

Sounds like a fun weekend you all had. I have often wondered what happened to mrs newlywed stilletos. I love reading her blog. Please tell her we all miss her! You all looked great!

Your Wedding Hostesses said...

I have seriously never seen such cute pictures of babies together. The ones of them sleeping together and holding hands are the best. ADORABLE!!!

Gwen said...

Awe. I still miss her blog. Jack & Addison love each other so much and I swear if you changed to blonde you two could be twins. :) XOXO

Anne said...

That picture of them sleeping? TOO TOO precious!! They'd better not snuggle like that again 'til they're married, though. :) They are SO adorable together!

Miss E said...

What a fun time! And the pics of the kids sleeping...oh my gosh, so precious! They are destined to be together someday :)

I miss Newlywed Stilettos! I'm glad she and baby are doing well.

xoxo

The Ross Family said...

OMG! The sleeping pictures are the best! Looks like y'all had a blast!

Meg said...

SO much fun. They are too cute. I loved reading newlywed stillettos.tell her to bring it back!

琳欣劉元慈 said...

處順境須謹慎,處逆境要忍耐。........................................

kimert said...

Oh my goodness! That is almost too much cuteness for one post!!! :)

California Wife said...

I love the pic of them in their little plaid outfits... too cute!

Chic Runner said...

They are SO adorable. :) ALM is just the cutest and I'm glad you had such a fun trip!

Tracy's Porch said...

They are just adorable together!!!!

Emily said...

oh my goodness! I love you girls! how adorable and precious! I hope one day soon we can all 4 meet up!! so much fun! love you

sanjeet said...

What a fun weekend and those pictures are to die for. Soooo sweet!!! :
Adsense Alternative

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Way too much baby cuteness! I can't take it! That picture of them sleeping is too cute!!

Glad you had such a great trip and so good to see Mrs. Stilettos is going well. I still remember following her pregnancy, good to see the little one is doing so well!

PeaceLoveApplesauce said...

Adorable pics!

A Southern Accent said...

Those pics of them sleeping together are adorable! I wish I could sleep like that right now!

Melissa said...

They are going to make the cutest couple someday! hee!hee! Little Addison is just full of some serious cuteness!!!

prashant said...

This post made me cry!!
Contextual Ad Network India

Sara said...

Oh my goodness...I just stumbled upon your blog and love it. These two little pumpkins are adorable together!! And the bikini pics?? Precious.
New follower!