Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Addison's Candyland

It didn't take me long to decide on Addison's theme for her 1st birthday party. I knew I didn't want to do a "princess-y" theme and Candyland was one of my favorite games as a kid so it only seemed fitting.

Now I didn't spend $60,000 like Taylor did on RHOBH 9absolutely insane), but it was certainly a lot of fun and pretty dang cute!!!!

I started planning about 5 months out. Seems crazy but I am so glad I did. It was less stress when the party drew near and I already had most of the details all done.

I couldn't have planned or pulled the party off without help from my amazing mother, Erin and Karah! Deets to come. Thank you to you all. You kept me sane during all the crazy (but fun) planning.

One month ago today (Oct. 9th) we celebrated Addison's 1st birthday... here are the details...


Theme: Addison's Candyland


Location: Our home. We decided to have it outside because we have a big backyard that we could utilize.




Invitations: I ordered them from Little Beane Boutique on Etsy. I was beyond pleased with the quality and timing from this shop. They turned out so cute. They even came with pink envelopes and return address labels.






Favors: We had cotton candy and lots of other candy the kids could take away and the bags they candy went in had this sticker on it (or course with Addison's name). They were ordered from Little Beane Boutique too.





Outfit: I ordered her dress on Ebay (thanks to Karah's heads up). The brand is Claire and Charlie. It had smocked bubblegum machines on the top. I made her bow and we got her birthday hat on Etsy from Shop Lissy. I cannot express enough how awesome she was to work with on getting Addison's hat custom made and her prices... ummmm... AMAZING!





Food: We served hot dogs and chili with all the fixins. We had strawberry cupcakes with "1" toppers. Karah made the amazing toppers. My mom had this trash can made for the party!



Decor: The main decor was the table centerpieces, the "take away" candy buffet, homemade poms, about 180 balloons, pinwheels, Candyland games and "candy" hanging from the trees. I borrowed an idea from Kristin, we had a table with a picture from each month Addison has been with us. Karah made the numbers that we stuck in each bucket to coordinate with the pictures. We had two precious banners made by sweet Karah. One hung in the living room and one hung outside. Erin made me an amazing candy wreath that we hung on the back door.



Special tradition started: I borrowed this idea from Kristin also. We bought a tablecloth and had "Happy Birthday Addison" monogrammed on it. Each year we will have the number and the theme monogrammed around the bottom. This year is was (obviously) 1 with a lollipop. We will do it until she is 18.


Smash cake: It was supposed to be a large cupcake but it turned out not quite big enough so we had to run out last minute and grab a chocolate round cake. The only one the store had when we went. Oh well. It was fun anyway to watch her dig in and get so messy!





Presents: I wasn't going to do presents but ultimately we decided to do them.


Guestbook: We had everyone sign a Candyland board game.


There was a lot going on that day but it was so so fun. It was very special to have our friends and family there to celebrate Addison's special day with us. I was so excited to have Amy, Natalie and Jennifer there. Meant so much that they came so far.


We have a lot of great pictures from that day thanks to my friend Amy :) I will cherish these photos forever. This was my 1st baby's 1st birthday! I wasn't as emotional as I thought I would be. I took care of all that on her actual birthday (Oct. 5th). My baby is growing up. She is turning into a toddler right before my very eyes. I love her more everyday and thank God that he blessed me with this amazing child.
If you are curious about anything or have questions, I welcome them!

38 comments:

kimert said...

What an amazing first birthday! It all looks so great!

The Shabby Princess said...

How fun! That picture of you and Addison is just darling. I hope you frame that somewhere in your house--it just oozes happiness and love.

Sassy Amie said...

Everything turned out so well! I know she had a wonderful day!!!

Annie said...

what a perfect first birthday!!! i LOVE everything!! she is such a doll and i just love that picture of you and her! too cute!!

A Southern Accent said...

Everything turned out great! Love the tablecloth idea - that will be so special when she is bigger! She is adorable, and you look awesome too! Love the polka dot shirt you are wearing!

Tracy's Porch said...

Beyond precious! Way to go on her first party!!

Leslie said...

What a beautiful party! I love the shot of you holding her in all her cake-covered glory!

Jesslee said...

Super cute party! Love that last pic of you and Addison! Great job!

Cherry said...

absolutely LOVE the picture of you and addison!!!! too presh!!

Dollface said...

What a great birthday party!! And look at the photo of the both of you... you guys make the same face!! xxxooo

Susannah said...

Lyndsey,
It looks amazing! How awesome for Addison and the pictures look great!

Sonya said...

So cute! The details are just perfect! I love the tablecloth idea!

MissBrightside said...

A-mazing! I never would have thought of all of those details! And love the pic of you holding her with the cake on her face....y'all have the exact same expression! Happy Birthday Addison and WAR EAGLE!

Mojito Maven said...

It turned out AMAZING, friend! So cute! Love the theme.

Sarah said...

all of your tiny little details are wonderful! I love the tablecloth and also signing the boardgame

In this wonderful life... said...

SO cute!! looks like the perfect party!

ourhomeinprogress said...

Everything looks great! I love that you guys make the same expressions. And the table cloth is a great idea!

Shannon said...

Everything looks terrific! What a fun party theme! You really did a beautiful job!

Legally Fabulous said...

omg Lyndsey the party was SO cute!! I know Amy said it in her post about the party a while back, but Addison's facial expressions are SO YOU! She is your mini-me! Lucky girl, she'll be beautiful! :)
such a fun birthday!

Christy said...

What a great birthday!! Everything looks just perfect!! Love the pic of her with her cake - she is so precious!! Looks like a fabulous day!! Happy belated birthday to Addison!!

Lauren said...

Everything was just AMAZING!!!!! Down to every last detail!!!! :)

Diving Into Love said...

Love the idea! VERY orginal! :)

Lynsey and Brian said...

What a cute theme and an amazing first birthday! You did such a great job and Addison is adorable.

GamecockQueen said...

I absolutely LOVE the theme of this party. The Princess theme is way overdone, and Candy Land is so original!

I adore the gumball dress to!! It's about the cutest thing I've ever seen. What a good job you did planning this party!!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

You did such a great job!!! Everything turned out absolutely perfect. I'm sure it was an absolute blast!

And you just made me decide that it's time to start planning BG's.. 5 months out sounds like the perfect time when you are a grade A procrastinator like this girl! I'll be coming to you for help!

midnight macaroons said...

Wow, it's been a long time since I've stopped by. I can't believe your baby girl is already turning 1!!! She's absolutely precious. Great party and decor theme. Sending my birthday wishes to a sweet little girl.

Mama Dew said...

oh my goodness if this isn't the CUTEST 1st bday party I don't know what is! I love all the bright colors and her dress was just PERFECTION!

Little Miss Mommy said...

I just started following your blog. I love that you, too, are a planner and I certainly appreciate that you obsess over the little details. The tablecloth idea is so darling! I am going to steal your idea for my little girl's first birthday party.

Preppy Little Dress said...

Great photos, what a fun what to spend your 1st birthday!

Mrs. Southern said...

You did an awesome job on Addison's 1st birthday! I'm loving the theme, all of your decor and her adorable smocked dress! She is such a cute girl!

Ashley said...

I just stumbled on your blog and I love it! Addison is adorable ;)

Lovely Little Nest said...

oh my gohs, too cute! love the stickers :)

Sarwat Tariq said...

World's Best Current Affairs Website which you Get Any thing you want, Most Popular Pictures, Loll Pictures, Funny Pictures, Funny Videos, Current Affairs Videos, Entertainment News and Videos, Entertainment Pictures, Hot Girls Affairs and all hot Current Affairs in the World
HotCurrentAffairs.com


Sarwat Tariq said...

Glorious Live design philosophy is based on versatility and glamour with a clear focus on creating outfits to make each woman feel beautiful in whatever she wears. We also provide custom made design as per your requirement.
GloriousLive.Net

saeed ahmed thanvi said...

World's Most Popular Cars, Hot Speed Cars, Hot Cars with Hot Girls, Cars Latest Pictures with all info, Latest updates Cars Models and Company Cars, Strange Vehicles, Concept Cars, Top 10 Expensive Cars in the World.
Visit this Link for More Strange Vehicles and Cars with Latest info and Pictures
WorldLatestVehicles.com

unsit polek said...

This info you provided in the blog that was really unique I love it!!! bubblegumcasting.com

unsit polek said...

I have been really impressed by going through this awesome blog. bubblegumcasting.com

smo Trevor said...

hello guys
we are offering best discount offer on Eastern Mountain Sports Coupon if any one need so collect here and enjoy shopping