Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Realization

You ever just wake up... feel different... and know you need to make a change? That's what happened to me 3 months ago. I needed to focus on God, my family and myself more! So I did just that.

Exactly 3 months ago today was the last time I blogged. I honestly can't believe I went 3 WHOLE MONTHS without blogging but then again, since I had Addison, I haven't had a lot of time for blogging. To be exact... I have only blogged 42 times since my sweet baby was born 13 months ago.

When I became a SAHM in April of 09, things really went down for me on the blog. I no longer had the time I once had when I was working. I was busy being a mommy, wife, friend, daughter, etc. And I neglected my blog. So I wanted to take a break. I need a break. I didn't want to feel like I "had" to post. But honestly during the 3 months I was away from blogging I did miss it. I miss the connection I have with so many of you. I missed sharing.

So I decided a few weeks ago that I would start blogging again in November. I'm ready. I can take the time to blog several times a week. I don't promise a daily post but I am ready to start documenting our lives again.

I went back and forth on changing my blog name. When I started this blog my intention was to blog about "all things" fluffy (because I love me some animals as you know), fashionable (because I am a shopaholic) and famous (because I am obsessed with celebrity life), but now I will mostly be blogging about my sweet daughter and the happenings of our everyday life.

I want my blog to be more of a journal. A very open journal. I am an open and honest person that likes to share. So this time around that's what I will be doing, SHARING! And I look forward to interacting with all of my readers again :)

Things to come on my blog:
- Addison's 1st birthday party
- What I have been doing over the past 3 months
- Knee problems
- Budgeting and Dave Ramsey
- Shopping (or the lack there of)

And of course lots more. Thank you for sticking with me during my break and welcome to you new readers! I promise you... this will not be a boring blog :)

36 comments:

The Shabby Princess said...

I'm so glad you are back! And I love the new blog design--so pretty. Cannot wait to hear about Addison's birthday party!

xoxox

Ashley said...

Yay!! Welcome back! Can't wait to hear what you've been up to!

Sarah said...

Woot! So glad you are back :) Love your new look too! Excited to meet you next Friday night!!

Erica said...

Glad you're back! I've also taken "breaks" like that, and it is a good thing to figure out if you really do like blogging. I realized I did, but that I needed/wanted to change things about how I did it. I'm happier now too! Hope it works for you:)

Minnesota Girl said...

So glad your back! I've decided too that I need to start blogging again. It's so nice to have an electronic journal =)

Miss E said...

So glad you are back, friend! Can't wait to catch up :)

In this wonderful life... said...

so exciting :) welcome back! missed ya.

Jessica said...

glad i have another good blog to read again...welcome back!

Lynsey and Brian said...

So glad you are back! I love the new design. Cant wait to read all about Addison's birthday party!

Gwen said...

So glad you are back!!! I have missed your adorable posts (and photos of Miss Addison) so much!!! Love the new layout!!! XOXO

A Southern Accent said...

Welcome back! I missed you! Love the new blog design and can't wait to hear about your adventures over the past three months!

Tiffany said...

Welcome back - excited to hear from you again!

PinkSass said...

Welcome back. xoxo

Leslie said...

YAY! I missed you! I was actually just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing, so I am so glad to see you back!

Jesslee said...

Welcome back! Love the new look and excited to hear about what's been going on with your cute little family!

Melissa said...

Hooray! Welcome back :)

Baby Mama said...

Glad you are back!!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

So glad your back!

Tiffanie said...

Welcome back!

Rachel said...

Welcome back!! Love your new design!

Sara said...

Glad you're back!!

kimert said...

Glad to see your back! Love the new look! And no way is your baby a year (plus) old!?!!? Wow, time flies!

Sarah said...

Hey girl.. I'm so glad that your back.

I was just telling tracy Marshall the other day how I miss your blogs, and our email chats.. and well when you used to get hard on me about my eating habits...( I could use that again.. having a hard time loosin the baby weight)

can't wait to hear about whats been going on.. also I checked out you stuff on ebay you should do a blog sale!!!!!!!!!!!

Sassy Amie said...

Im glad you decided to start blogging again. I can appreciate you putting other things first. I can't wait to hear about what you have been up to and that cutie of yours, Addison :)

ourhomeinprogress said...

YAY! I'm so happy you are back!

Michelle said...

I LOVED following your blog! Glad your back and look forward to your posts :)

Shannon said...

Had a feeling you were coming back...kept noticing the new blog look! Great to have you back and looking forward to catching up and seeing what's been going on with you and Miss A.

Lauren said...

YAY!!!! Soooooo glad you’re back!! :)

GamecockQueen said...

So happy that you are back!!

Keshet said...

I was just thinking about your blog, glad you are back!

Lulu said...

Woot! So glad you're back! Can't wait to see photos from ALM's first birthday. And I'm doing Dave Ramsey too, strength in numbers! :)
xoxo,
Lulu

Lindsey said...

Life gets in the way sometimes but glad to see that you're back!

Lindsey said...

YAYAYAYA! I'm so glad you are back, I've missed you friend!!

Lucky in Love said...

Glad you're back :)

Megan said...

Welcome back! :) I started blogging again too :)

The PhotoJunky said...

welcome back love! Cannot wait to see more of your "famous" baby girl!!
xoxo