Friday, December 17, 2010

O Christmas Tree

I thought I would share some of our Christmas decor and traditions with you. As you will see... we went with minimal decor due to the fact that I have a VIBRANT, CURIOUS one year old roaming my house from 8 am - 8 pm everyday.

So we had to "trim down" our decorations for this year...oh who are we kidding...we will have to "trim down" for the next 10 years probably until all of our kids (present and future) are old enough to know what NOT to play with and touch! :)

I call my tree "Whimsy." I like bright greens, red, silver and gold. I have a hodge podge of ornaments. I don't really have a "theme" I like it that way. I buy random ornaments all the time but most always they fit in the "whimsy" family. If I had to choose a decor that's my fave... I would pick "The 12 Days of Christmas." I love it. I have several books, other decor and ornaments. I do have one set of ornaments that isn't whimsy. I got them in 2006. They are from House of Hatten designed by Denise Calla and made in the 80's. They are definitely a vintage item that I will cherish forever and pass down to my children. The no longer make them and you can only find them on Ebay and other auction sites.
11 years ago my mom began giving me a Hallmark Snowman ornament and those are VERY special to me. Each one is a snowman with a different animal on it (fitting for this animal lover? I think so!)
A tradition that my mom used to do for me, that one day I plan to do for Addison, was 12 Days of Christmas gifts. Starting on the 13th she would give me a small gift everyday. It would just be some chapstick, an ornament, lotion, pjs, fingernail polish, etc. Just a small gift. But OH how I looked forward to that. It was so much fun. She started doing it when I was about 16. I plan to start it for Addison when she is about 5. I want her to understand all about the 12 Days of Christmas (post to come on that Monday).

I have my Waterford 12 Days of Christmas crystal champagne glasses out as decor (brave I know). I also have some 12 Days glasses, plates, mugs, napkins and table runner. So yeah, I guess that's my thing :)



ALM's pink tree in her room!

My mantle. I do a little something different every year!

Living room pillows.

Pillows in the sitting room.


Our new tree. We are a fake tree family. Our old one was just too small and skinny! We upgraded!


Some of my favorite ornaments!!! We have one from our honeymoon to St. Lucia. The one with a picture from our wedding. I love sock monkeys. Noah's ark. Two owls. Family snowmen. NOEL. One of my Hallmark snowmen. House of Hatten 12 Days "7 swans a swimmin'".
The sled my MawMaw and PawPaw (both are gone to be with Jesus) game me for Christmas when I was about 10).

Our dining room display! My 12 days glasses. The nativity is the same one from my childhood. I loved it so my mom gave it to me this year. It is as old as me (28)!




My Waterford 12 Days of Christmas crystal champagne glasses. (Yeah I am still missing 2. They came out this year-hopefully a present in my future).

Front door: the wreath I made for mine and Adam's 1st Christmas as husband and wife!

26 comments:

Lauren said...

Everything is SO beautiful!!!!! :)

The Shabby Princess said...

So pretty and festive. I love it! I love that you're tree is "whimsy" mine is too! I don't have a theme, I just use ornaments that we've collected and mean something to us. Merry Christmas!

Nicole said...

Very beautiful! I love the 12 days theme. My grandmother had 12 days glasses and I loved that as a kid. Have a fabulous Christmas!

Gwen said...

Beautiful decorations!!! I can't tell for sure from the photo but I think you & I have the same Nativity set!!!! My grandma gave it to me years ago. It's enough pieces to fill the entire center of a 12 person dining room table (she used it as her centerpiece) but I'm affraid our animals would destroy it!!! I swear it's the same. You should send me a close up. :) Love ALM's tree too!!! XOXO

kimert said...

Everything you've done looks great! I love your tree!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I love it all but really love those stockings!

Sarah said...

It looks great love the pink tree

ourhomeinprogress said...

Everything looks gorgeous! I TOTALLY know what you mean about having to UN-decorate everything. Rowan was chucking the ornaments off my tree! hahaha.

Preppy Little Dress said...

Everything looks beautiful!

Annie said...

LOVE all the decor!!! it all looks beautiful hun! :)

In this wonderful life... said...

I looked earlier and totally couldn't remember if I commented (I'm losing it)..Everything looks SO beautiful!!! Love the wreath!

Marissa said...

Love the decor!

Emily said...

your house looks amazing! I Love addisons tree!! Looks so cute! And your mantel looks amazing!

A Southern Accent said...

Beautiful! I love ALM's tree!

Ruth said...

I love your decorations. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a fabulous 2011

Saeed Zia said...

Many people want to See Sport Cars of International and beautiful Sport Racing Cars, The Best and Latest Sport Racing Car HyperSport Car, Sport Vehicles, Most Popular Concept Cars, upcoming racing cars and more strange vehicles with pictures and Information
WorldLatestVehicles.Com

Anwar Fazil said...

Free Social Media Marketing where Every thing will be Free, Facebook Likes, Twitter Followers, Twitter Tweets, Twitter Re-Tweets, Twitter Favorites, Google Plus Followers, StumbleUpon Followers, Youtube Views, Youtube Likes, Youtube Subsribes, Pinterest Followers, Pinterest Likes, Pinterest PinIt, Free Website Visitors.
Just Join now and Free Increase your Social Media Networks.
GetLikeFast.com

Muhammad Khalid said...

Free Facebook Likes, Free Targeted Facebook Likes, Make Unlimited Likes on your Facebook Fan Page, Facebook Share, Facebook Followers, Facebook Post Like and Share, Twitter Followers, Twitter Tweets, Twitter Favorites, Google Follow, LinkedIn share, Youtube Views Likes and Subscribes
Social Media Marketing is the easy way to increase your Folow Likes and Subsribes
getlikefast.com

saeed ahmed thanvi said...

World's Most Popular Cars, Hot Speed Cars, Hot Cars with Hot Girls, Cars Latest Pictures with all info, Latest updates Cars Models and Company Cars, Strange Vehicles, Concept Cars, Top 10 Expensive Cars in the World.
Visit this Link for More Strange Vehicles and Cars with Latest info and Pictures
WorldLatestVehicles.com

Habeib Khan said...

Lols Gag is the the Best Lol Network Ever, where you can every thing is lol and Funny, Troll Images, Funny Vidoes, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Epic Videos, Prank Videos, Fail Videos and Much More Fun and Entertainment, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Lol Videos, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
lolsgag.com

Anwar Fazil said...

Top Expensive Cars, top speedy cars, top most popular cars in the world
TopAmazingCars.BlogSpot.Com

Kamao Poot said...

Find best Home based Business without any work, just invest and rest with your profit
EarningsClub.com

Kamao Poot said...

Find best Home based Business without any work, just invest and rest with your profit
EarningsClub.com

Anwar Fazil said...

Earn Money with PayPal, Now you can earn 300% profit of your investment on every week, Join Now
AllTimeProfit.com

Anwar Fazil said...

All Funny and Lols Gag Photos and Videos, funny facts, funny cartoons all Funny planet on lols and Gags
LolsGag.com

Anwar Fazil said...

Most Popular Latest Hot Current Affairs on this Network, News updates, hot updates, hot news
HotCurrentAffairs.com