Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We always spend lunch with Adam's family here in the same town we live in, then we head to AL to eat dinner with my family.

Some people might think that is a lot to handle in one day but I like it because we get to see both of our families and no one has to sacrifice time.

We spent the morning tending to ALM and watching the parade. I absolutely love the parade. My mom and I used to watch it every year when I lived at home and I always wanted to carry that tradition on with my family. Addison wasn't too interested but she did like the singing and the balloons.

We ate lunch with Adam's family. I didn't overindulge because I know I had a dinner to come soon. Thanksgiving and the holidays aren't usually a problem for me when it comes to eating because I am so dang picky. I am strictly a turkey and mac and cheese girl. That's all I eat at the holidays so I usually don't over kill on the calories. I am not a huge fan of cakes/pies/desserts so I can usually keep myself within reason on caloric intake.

I did attempt to make a pecan pie... FAIL! I took it to my moms and it looked SO good but when we cut into it, it was kinda runny. Which is so weird because I followed the instructions to the T. Oh well, I shall try again at Christmas time perhaps.

You all know I love to shop. Haven't done a whole lot since quitting my job but nonetheless I love to shop. My mom and I used to go EARLY every year on black Friday and shop but the past 2 years, Auburn and Alabama decided to play on Friday at 1:30. So, that put a damper on my shopping. Auburn was victorious this year. WHOOOOO! We lost 2 years in a row so we were due. But it was an amazing game to watch. Final score of 28-27 will dang near give you a stroke. We are off to the SEC Championship this Saturday (post to come on that later).

Our Thanksgiving was pretty laid back. No family drama. No crazy shopping. Just an intense football game. That was about it. Here are a few pictures we took Thanksgiving morning.







19 comments:

Shannon said...

So cute...loved her smocked dress! You look great too, Momma (I want those boots)! Looks like y'all had quite the Thanksgiving...now on to Christmas!

Suze said...

I'm loving those pictures of Addison! Love her cute smocked dress!!! I'm loving your boots and that dress too! sooo pretty! Glad you had a great laid back thanksgiving :) Hope you have a great day!

**i'm a fairly new follower!

I Do Declare said...

I made my first pecan pie this year, too. It was runny on day one...but after sitting for 24 hours, it was perfect - I think that wait may be the secret!

Paige said...

Precious!! You both are so cute in the last picture- looks like we are both suckers for smocking! where do you get most of yours?

Dollface said...

How adorable!! I love the thanksgiving outfits and the puppy!! xxxooo

Laura said...

I love the parade too! It is one of the best parts of Thanksgiving.

It looks like my alma matter (the Ducks) may be playing Auburn in the BCS. Are you going to the bowl game? I wish we could go but the tickets are astronomical! We are so excited because this is the first time we have been ranked number one or gone to the national champion. We just have to beat our instate rivals, The Beavers, next weekend. I'm glad you had a good thanksgiving.

Gwen said...

Awe!!! Addison is so adorable in her Thanksgiving dress!!! And you my friend look fabulous!!! XOXO

kimert said...

Addison is adorable!! I cannot get over how much she has grown. Sounds like you guys had a great Thanksgiving! Good luck to your team in the SEC Championship. Our team actually got a bowl game this year!! (Vols fans here...my hubby is a former VOL Natl Champion football player). Have a great weekend!

Karah said...

Love your outfit! So cute. and WDE!! Love you xoxo

The George Family said...

Love the smocked dress! And your dress is super cute too! I totally had the same issue with the pecan pie- I think someone else said it above, but day two it was perfect. Who knows. I still ate it... of course :)

The Regal Pup said...

Your whole family is so stinking cute - love you and Addison's dresses.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

So cute! Love how our girls rocked the Thanksgiving smocked dresses.. totally meant to be bff's!! And you look fabulous! Where did you get that dress?

Erica said...

Love your dress/boots, so cute!

amy (metz) walker said...

Sweet girl! Love the one of the two of you together!

Sarah said...

you look great girl!

Rachel said...

What a busy day for y'all! Also, love that last pic of you and ALM. You look fabulous!!

Megan said...

So glad you had a good Thanksgiving!! Addison is just too cute for words, love her!

marriog lesser said...

Thanks for the post,What a fabulous pictures,you have shared over here.I just love your post.

Very nice post!!!

Texas Roadhouse Coupons

saeed ahmed thanvi said...

World's Most Popular Cars, Hot Speed Cars, Hot Cars with Hot Girls, Cars Latest Pictures with all info, Latest updates Cars Models and Company Cars, Strange Vehicles, Concept Cars, Top 10 Expensive Cars in the World.
Visit this Link for More Strange Vehicles and Cars with Latest info and Pictures
WorldLatestVehicles.com