So I have a touch of "bloggers block" so I thought I would update you gals with some random bits and pieces of things going on in the life of me and my fam & of course, some precious pics of my sweet baby Addison!
- Addison is 17 weeks old today. I CAN NOT believe how big she's gotten.
- She hasn't been to the Dr since she was 8 weeks old so we aren't sure about weight, but best i can tell after pulling the ol' hold her, weight myself, then weigh just me... she weights 16 lbs.
- She is holding her head up better everyday.
- She is "talking" up a storm. Lots of jibber jabber :)
- She's officially out of size 1 diapers and into 2's. We figured this out after she had what her dad and I call "explosive poops!" We made it 16 weeks with no poop on either of us or out of her diaper... then 2 in one week. Conclusion... move on to size 2 diapers :)
- We are still using Pampers Swaddlers but have some Pampers Baby Dry diapers that we got at our showers and I really like them just as well!
- We recently learned that not ALL Pampers Swaddlers have the yellow line that turns blue when they are wet. We are sad about this, but have gotten used to smelling to see if she's dirty!
- She is now taking 5 oz of formula 6 times a day. Her schedule changed once she started going to her sitter, but she adjusted well and is satisfied.
- No cereal yet. Waiting to see what the Dr says at her 4 month appt.
- We use Dr. Brown's bottles and LOVE THEM! We have had no problems with them!
- We have upgraded her to the "Level 2" nipples! She eats SO FAST now.
- We have had no problems with spitting up, until about a week ago. I am worried now!
- She had had a cold for almost a month now, so she will be going to the Dr tomorrow to make sure it's not something else!
- She goes for her 4 month appt & 2nd round of shots the 2nd week of February so that will be fun. It's always fun to see how big she is! :)
- She is wearing 3-6 month clothes and some 6 month depending on the brand. 3 month clothes are pretty much out. Too small now. (she's not even 4 months yet).
- She hasn't rolled over yet. She did the other night but I think it's because I had her propped up on a pillow :)
- She is sleeping in her crib, has been since early Dec.
- Last Monday we began putting her in her crib awake and letting her "cry it out." It worked. She still cries a little but she puts herself to sleep.
- She takes her last feeding at 9:30 pm and we put her in bed about 10 or a little after. She's usually asleep no later than 10:30 pm.
- We had been allowing her to swing herself to sleep in her swing after her 9:30 feeding but i didn't want her to get too used to that.
- Our plan is eventually for her last feeding to be at 9, we are gradually getting there.
- She sleeps from 10:30 (ish) until 7 during the week. I usually have to wake her up to get her dressed and feed her.
- On the weekends she sleeps until 8 or so. So she is sleeping about 9-10 hours a night!
- She is beginning to drool a lot and wants to chew on everything, her favorite thing? Her fingers!
- We are BEYOND blessed with a good baby and I am sooo thankful!
- She hardly ever cries and other than two colds, she hasn't been sick!
- She is not a fussy baby at all!
- I still haven't decided about staying at home or working! I lean toward staying at home, but it's a very scary decision for me! As most of you know, Adam left the decision up to me and I am scared financially! I am the kind of person that thinks and thinks about something and give myself the most awful anxiety over it! Continuing to pray that God will show me what His will for me is!
- Adam and I start a class this Wednesday night at our church called, The Power of a Praying Parent. We will be studying from this book and we are so excited to get started. I have hear wonderful things about this class and book so I can't wait!
And now for some updated pics of Addison. Warning: picture overload :) I realize these are LONG over due but since I got my Canon Rebel, I have been downloading them at home and well, when I am at home, I have NO TIME to be in front of a computer.
"I do NOT like tummy time MOM"
My sweet chunky monkey legs!
Distracted by Dansby and Daizy I'm sure!